DietLISP

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
DietLISP Sanjoy Das 10/12/12 8:04 AM
Hi all,

I just forked a pet project of mine, DietLISP, into the klug
organization on github [1].  DietLISP is my vehicle for exploring
programming language design.

If any of you are interested in programming language theory and / or
Haskell do consider contributing.  While I'm slightly busy right now
with other, more segfaulty languages my nearest targets for DietLISP
are

1. Exploring what else is possible with semi-operatives (see the README).
2. Add builtins for conversion between ASTs and lists, so that we can
have non-trivial macros.
3. Adding some kind of continuations.
4. Compile to C?  Maybe after a CPS transform?

Cheers!

[1] https://github.com/klug/DietLISP.git
--
Sanjoy Das
http://playingwithpointers.com

I just forked a pet project of mine, DietLISP, into the klug
organization on github [1].  DietLISP is my vehicle for exploring
programming language design.

Very cool!

4. Compile to C?  Maybe after a CPS transform?

For various reasons, I am interested in compiling to some IR representation. LLVM is one possible target although I am more interested in PTX. Can you give me an entry point?

Thanks
Nikhil
Re: DietLISP Sanjoy Das 10/16/12 5:09 PM
Hi,

> For various reasons, I am interested in compiling to some IR representation.
> LLVM is one possible target although I am more interested in PTX. Can you
> give me an entry point?

Conceptually LLVM and C of them should be very similar. I don't know about PTX.

Compiling DietLISP is difficult because operatives allow you to
arbitrary modify the execution environment and change the AST (this is
different from a traditional lisp, where macros hook only into the
parser). AFAIK, the only other project that comes close is wat-js [1],
and it maintains a representation of the AST at compile time.

[1] https://github.com/manuel/wat-js