This topic has been hidden because it was flagged for abuse.

Re: Windows 8 and WinRT ian.f.davis 11/4/12 7:34 PM
Does it make sense to have a WinRT app when the user of that machine can only work with the tiled interface? What is the use case for someone with a glorified iPad deploying an app to the cloud? I don't think that they can really have the app folder sitting on their drive to publish (perhaps a shared drive).

-Ian
Re: [ironfoundry] Re: Windows 8 and WinRT Andy Piper 11/7/12 8:53 AM
Right, I guess there are situations where you might be able to use a cloud-based IDE like eXo or Cloud9 in a tablet browser - hell, a Surface RT can have a keyboard cover, so there's a chance that would work ok. I suspect primarily you're more likely to be doing stuff with monitoring, stop/restart etc though.
--
Andy Piper | Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
blog: http://andypiper.co.uk   |   skype: andypiperuk