Realtime API (Christmas)

Showing 1-34 of 34 messages
Realtime API (Christmas) Mike Krieger 12/25/12 12:37 PM
Hey all,

As we work to keep up with Christmas Day traffic, we've had to temporarily disable the realtime API. We'll bring it back online as soon as possible.

-Mike
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Googlemail 12/25/12 3:28 PM
Hi mike, thanks for notice us about it.

Regards, rene

René Hermenau

Von unterwegs verschickt

--

Re: Realtime API (Christmas) salvator...@gmail.com 1/2/13 1:17 PM
Update?

Il giorno martedì 25 dicembre 2012 21:37:24 UTC+1, Mike Krieger ha scritto:
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Bryan Chew 1/2/13 6:37 PM
is the Real time API back up ?
unk...@googlegroups.com 1/2/13 8:39 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Leo Romanovsky 1/3/13 9:38 AM
I've verified that my subscription is active by hitting the '/subscriptions' end-point but I haven't received any new user updates... this is really lame.
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Bryan Chew 1/3/13 9:57 PM
Is the API back up ??

On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:37:24 AM UTC+8, Mike Krieger wrote:
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) UK 1/4/13 9:28 PM
I do not think they are going to turn the real-time api back on. I doubt xmas traffic was the real reason they took it away. They have more than enough resources within FB. They prefer people view photos on the new profile pages. I am pretty sure I am done developing for the instagram api. I don't like when powerhouses kill the little guys who are just doing it for fun. Building on-top of instagram helps them more than it helps us.
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Mike Krieger 1/4/13 9:43 PM
Hi all,

We've been cranking up the % of realtime notifications that go out, and are targetting to be back at 100% by mid next week.

Mike

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 9:57:58 PM UTC-8, Bryan Chew wrote:
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Adrian Huang 1/4/13 11:48 PM

Thank you for sending us this infomation.

--

Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Leo Romanovsky 1/5/13 4:52 PM
Cool thanks.

We've been cranking up the % of realtime notifications that go out, and are targetting to be back at 100% by mid next week.

Mid week would have been yesterday 1/9/13.

Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Xavier Hausherr 1/14/13 8:15 AM
Hi Mike,

Do you have any update for the Real Time API ? We're receiving some notification but not 100% of them.

This a real problem for our applications.

Best regards.

Xavier HAUSHERR

Le samedi 5 janvier 2013 06:43:51 UTC+1, Mike Krieger a écrit :
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Romy Macasieb 1/14/13 10:54 AM
Thanks Mike!

Seems like it's only been ramped to about 40%. Any news on when it'll be back to 100%?
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Alexandru Raileanu 1/16/13 6:10 AM
are real time subscriptions still down?

not receiving updates for subscription 2803783
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Brandon Shelley 1/16/13 9:59 PM
We haven't been receiving more than 4% of the realtime data we should be. It's tragic - it's crippled us (instafocus) almost entirely.  And to that end, I have to repeatedly disappoint our fans and friends and explain to them that Instagram still hasn't brought back the realtime API.  This is the truth, but eventually it's going to come off as slander - something we would all like to avoid.

What I would like, is a straight answer - Mike, if you guys aren't going to bring it back up, please just disable it and let us know so we can move on.  This "limbo" we're in is causing too much stress and pain.

Brandon

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:10:45 AM UTC-8, Alexandru Raileanu wrote:
are real time subscriptions still down?

not receiving updates for subscription 2803783
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Marcio Puga 1/16/13 10:37 PM
Hi Mike,

We haven't seen any real-time update for the whole day (17th of January 2013) in our app.
Any news on that issue?

Thanks.
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Subu Davuluri 1/17/13 8:48 AM
Mike,

We have not been receiving real time notifications reliably.  Lot of them get dropped.  Is traffic issue still there?

Have been counting on this feature for major release.

Regards,
Subu
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Romy Macasieb 1/22/13 9:58 AM
Hi Mike,

Are you able to give us an update? Hoping to start the week off with good news. :D

On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 12:37:24 PM UTC-8, Mike Krieger wrote:
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) James Janovich 1/23/13 10:35 AM
Any update on this?
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Mike Krieger 1/23/13 12:04 PM
Hey all,

We're back at 100% on this now.
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Payom Dousti 1/23/13 2:33 PM
I'm not getting any updates from the server... also when I try to get recent media using my object_id it comes up blank... this is really unlikely considering it's a 5km radius in new york

{
  • pagination: { },
  • meta
    {
    • code200
    },
  • data: [ ]
}

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:04:16 PM UTC-5, Mike Krieger wrote:
Hey all,

We're back at 100% on this now.

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:35:08 AM UTC-8, James Janovich wrote:
Any update on this?

On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 3:37:24 PM UTC-5, Mike Krieger wrote:
Hey all,

As we work to keep up with Christmas Day traffic, we've had to temporarily disable the realtime API. We'll bring it back online as soon as possible.

-Mike
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Payom Dousti 1/23/13 2:38 PM
Also looks like other sites are still having the issue....

Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Marcio Puga 1/24/13 3:04 PM
I'm also not getting any update from the server....
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Payom Dousti 1/24/13 3:05 PM
http://www.mapstagram.com/ also having issues

--

RE: Realtime API (Christmas) Brandon | pixl³ 1/24/13 3:06 PM

Things are back up for us now… leaving speculation out of the equation…

You might need to reset some of your realtime handler services.  Our tornado listener was completely borked, had to be restarted.

Brandon

http://thenewyork-now.jit.su/

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:33:42 PM UTC-5, Payom Dousti wrote:

I'm not getting any updates from the server... also when I try to get recent media using my object_id it comes up blank... this is really unlikely considering it's a 5km radius in new york

{

·  pagination: { },

·  meta

{

o    code200

},

·  data: [ ]

}

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:04:16 PM UTC-5, Mike Krieger wrote:

Hey all,

We're back at 100% on this now.

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:35:08 AM UTC-8, James Janovich wrote:

Any update on this?

On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 3:37:24 PM UTC-5, Mike Krieger wrote:

Hey all,

As we work to keep up with Christmas Day traffic, we've had to temporarily disable the realtime API. We'll bring it back online as soon as possible.

-Mike

--

Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Payom Dousti 1/24/13 3:13 PM
The problem is 2 fold...

1) No pings from RT server

2) No data returned from https://api.instagram.com/v1/geographies/object_id/media/recent... just an empty array with status 200
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Payom Dousti 1/25/13 1:18 PM
Brandon, what kind of subscription are you talking about? I'm talking strictly geography subscriptions.

1) The handler is fine... we respond in much less than 2 seconds.
2) I've verified that the lat/lng pairs are legit. They've worked for months and nothing has changed. I manually verified them anyway.
3) I tried signing up for a tag subscription. **this is the interesting part** I subscribed to "nofilter" and we got a ton of updates. I kept it rolling for a while to make sure it wasn't us.

Conclusion => Geography subscriptions seem to be bone dry. Can anyone else confirm? I keep checking nowjistu and mapstagram (both geography based as well) and they're hurting as well.

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Payom
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Brandon Shelley 1/25/13 1:30 PM
Hey Payom,

We use a media subscription.  I can't speak to the stability or operability of geography or tag subscriptions at all, sadly.

Have you tried checking your server logs to see if you're being pinged by the realtime service?

Another option is to cancel and resubscribe to geo and see if that helps.

Final, last and end resort would be to have Mike check the IG logs, but that's only going to help you if it's isolated.  if it's widespread and geo still isn't working, then you may very well be SOL :(

-Brandon
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Marcio Puga 1/28/13 2:26 AM
Realtime geography subscriptions seem to be back working again for us.

Obrigado Mike Krieger!
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Payom Dousti 1/28/13 8:31 AM
Yeah same here, looks good... Thanks Mike.
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Marcio Puga 1/29/13 1:03 AM
It worked for one day here and suddenly stopped again. Is this working for you?
Re: Realtime API (Christmas) Payom Dousti 1/29/13 7:42 AM
Stopped for me pretty much at midnight EST on 1/29
More topics »