Categories: Discuss Game Play :

'Critical 1%' - what does critical here mean?

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
'Critical 1%' - what does critical here mean? aobisi 12/25/12 9:51 PM
Usually when attacking in games, critical means max hit or stunned or something like that.

I blast a L2 XMP on a L4 Resonator and it says 'Critical 1%'. What does the word 'critical' means?

Anyone?
Re: 'Critical 1%' - what does critical here mean? Mike Kean 12/26/12 5:32 AM
My guess is that a "critical" hit does more (double?) damage than a non-critical.

Given that all damage percentages are given in whole numbers, it appears that damage is rounded up to the next integer.

Since you are dropping a L2 XMP (300 damage) on a L4 resonator (2500) health, if you were at extreme range, you may only have done normal damage of, say, 12.

A critical hit would be doubled(?) up to 24 which would then be rounded up to a critical hit of 1%.

Note: My example may be wonky, but just wanted to show how a "Critical 1%" could happen.
Re: 'Critical 1%' - what does critical here mean? Ivan Privaci 12/26/12 6:00 AM
The "critical" MIGHT be indicating that the resonator in question has been reduced below the mysterious "critical level" that all of the resonators need to be reduced below (not necessarily destroyed) to cause links to fail.
Re: 'Critical 1%' - what does critical here mean? RoOoBo 12/26/12 3:27 PM
Critical just means double damage.  So for example a L1 burster at zero distance will do 300 damage rather than 150.  That's what I have been observing.  This doubling is affected by distance.  As the damage is relative to resonator energy/level and it's rounded up to a minimum of 1% (even if it's 0.2% for example when hiting a high level resonator with a level 1 burster) you get those critical 1% hits.
Re: 'Critical 1%' - what does critical here mean? RoOoBo 12/26/12 3:28 PM
When I mean 'rounded up' I mean just the damage displayed, the real damage is the one computed based on the distance equations and burster level.
Re: 'Critical 1%' - what does critical here mean? Adam Rollings 1/28/13 7:13 AM
Was this displayed on screen or verbal notification. Remember that when attacking resonators attack back, how much XM did you have left at the time.
Re: 'Critical 1%' - what does critical here mean? aobisi 1/28/13 6:37 PM
Adam, not sure if you have understood the question. Let me rephrase it.

When you are firing a XMP, say on top of a resonator, the resonator takes a 'Critical 1%' damage. What I asking back then was what does the word 'Critical' means.