Chrome warning of "Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/webp" inspite of specifying "Content-Type: image/webp" header

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Chrome warning of "Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/webp" inspite of specifying "Content-Type: image/webp" header Anjanesh 4/13/11 10:53 PM
gsutil -h "Content-Type: image/webp" cp -a public-read test.webp gs://my-bucket/test.webp

But when I load the image in Chrome, Console in Developer Tools shows a warning :

Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/webp. or Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type image/webp.

curl --head http://my-bucket.commondatastorage.googleapis.com/test.webp
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
ETag: "6d5fed89b2e18d23b17b997806d8518f"
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 04:53:03 GMT
Server: GSE

So why is Chrome giving this warning ? Do I need to specify something like -h "MIME-Type: image/webp" instead ?
unk...@googlegroups.com 4/14/11 9:38 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Chrome warning of "Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/webp" inspite of specifying "Content-Type: image/webp" header Richard Rabbat 4/17/11 10:53 PM
Anjanesh

I've seen this warning with both JPEG and WebP. Do you get the same warning with jpeg? seems harmless to me.

Richard.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Navneet Joneja <njo...@google.com> wrote:
No, your code looks OK to me. Adding Richard, who might be more conversant in Chrome + webp.
- Navneet

--
Richard Rabbat | Product Manager | Google, Inc.
E: rab...@google.com | M: +1-650-714-7618 | Google Voice: +1-617-213-0819

0 warnings on the JPG version page

Google Chrome 11.0.696.48 (Official Build 81577) beta
WebKit 534.24 (branches/chromium/696@83359)
V8 3.1.8.12
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.48 Safari/534.24
Command Line /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome -enable-default-apps --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
.
Re: Chrome warning of "Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/webp" inspite of specifying "Content-Type: image/webp" header richard...@gmail.com 4/19/11 10:30 AM
I tried again with 2 images, a jpeg and a webp image
I got for each of them:
Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/jpeg.
Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/webp.

I verified that each of them is transmitted with the right content type:

Long story short, feel free to ignore the warning. Try to embed a webp image in a web page and make sure it works correctly in supported browsers (Chrome and Opera)

Richard.

Re: Chrome warning of "Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/webp" inspite of specifying "Content-Type: image/webp" header Anjanesh 4/19/11 11:46 AM

Oh...it does show for both when loading the image alone in the browser. I was referring to loading the webpage containing the images.

Re: Chrome warning of "Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/webp" inspite of specifying "Content-Type: image/webp" header rabbat 4/20/11 3:16 PM
this warning "Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with
MIME type image/webp. "
is expected when you have Chrome display an image as a document and
applies to any image format

This warning "Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME
type image/webp. "
should not be there. You are serving the image correctly. I have asked
the Chrome Developer Tools team to look into it and fix it in a future
version but for now, you're good to go

:)