can i get albumID by username and/or photoid

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
can i get albumID by username and/or photoid jigarshah 1/16/09 7:27 AM
Can i get albumid of a photo by photoid and username ?
Re: [PWA API] can i get albumID by username and/or photoid Jeff Fisher 1/16/09 12:57 PM
Currently: no. In the future we are probably going to make photoIDs contain enough information to identify a photo uniquely. No timeline or anything for that, but that's the current thinking about where we'd like to be.

Cheers,
-Jeff
Re: [PWA API] can i get albumID by username and/or photoid Jeff Fisher 1/16/09 1:22 PM
Okay, I guess I'm wrong. You can do something like this:

http://picasaweb.google.com/data/entry/api/user/<USERNAME>/photoid/<PHOTO_ID>

And pluck out the <gphoto:albumid> from the entry.

-Jeff
Re: can i get albumID by username and/or photoid jigarshah 1/16/09 11:09 PM
Hi Jeff...Thanks for your such a prompt reply.
by the way...is there any way to get photoid or album id by just photo
url ?(Haha...i know its stupid). like (http://lh5.ggpht.com/
_48zkORterUI/SVOpyaBsByI/AAAAAAAADPk/NTr4LLUWFjo/p1010960.jpg
)

actually i am building a social app which can get Album Link from
photo sent by someone.

Thanks again,
Jigar

On Jan 17, 2:22 am, Jeff Fisher <api.jfis...@google.com> wrote:
> Okay, I guess I'm wrong. You can do something like this:
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/data/entry/api/user/
> <USERNAME>/photoid/<PHOTO_ID>
>
> And pluck out the <gphoto:albumid> from the entry.
>
> -Jeff
>
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Jeff Fisher <api.jfis...@google.com>wrote:
>
> > Currently: no. In the future we are probably going to make photoIDs contain
> > enough information to identify a photo uniquely. No timeline or anything for
> > that, but that's the current thinking about where we'd like to be.
>
> > Cheers,
> > -Jeff

Re: [PWA API] Re: can i get albumID by username and/or photoid Jeff Fisher 1/20/09 11:24 AM
Urgh. That one is hard now with the new shorter photo URLs. I'm not aware of any magic you can do off-hand. For privacy reasons we removed the Google Account username from the URL so I don't think there's even a way to tell who owns the photos anymore.

Cheers,
-Jeff