Uploading a photo to google maps

Showing 1-12 of 12 messages
Uploading a photo to google maps richardp 12/10/08 2:48 AM
How do I upload a photo so that it will appear on google maps when a
search by postcode or address is entered?

I've tried picasa and panoramio and can't get it to work.

Thanks

Richardp
Re: Uploading a photo to google maps ehg 12/10/08 5:11 AM
What kind of photo for what kind of search do you mean?
- There are sometimes thumbnail photos to see for a listings of a
business left to the listed business.
Such photos needs to bee provided by the owner of the business
listing.
- The other feature of GoogleMaps shows photos near a search for an
address.

As far I know all such photos must be photos provided from users to
panoramio - of course provided WITH the ACCORDING geocoding
informations.

So what did you to specify your photo to whom?

cheers ehg
Re: Uploading a photo to google maps ehg 12/10/08 7:04 AM
Ok Richard,
form your direct mailed answer (why not here???) I understood you
refer to the panoramio photos GoogleMaps displayed on a search for an
ADDRESS.

There are two hints to consider:

If you like to post a photo at the same area you shouldn't believe the
photo of the duck is the only one.

click the link "More photos, videos, and user-created maps »"
the next page shows again the duck and the link "More photos »".
I can see then FIVE photos - no idea yours is displayed too. Did you
check yours is displayed?
If not you can add / upload your phots via the link "Upload your
photos to Panoramio"
Click this link and there you can add your photo.
Have you used this steps?

What kind of photo did you try to upload?
Can you provided the photo (or send it to me to get a prove it isn't
showed up at all)

Regards
ehg
Re: Uploading a photo to google maps Richard Parker 12/10/08 7:13 AM
ehg

done all that.

My photos are not showing.

Low res of Photo attached.

Thanks

Richard

Regards
ehg

Re: Uploading a photo to google maps ehg 12/10/08 7:53 AM
Ok Richard,,
I got your photo and I checked it isn't YET showed up.

Therefore we should consider the possibility of a likely delay between
the time of providing your photo to Panaramico and its displaying with
GoogleMaps.
I believe - not knowing it for certain - there is such a delay to get
the relation between Panaramico & GoogleMaps.

Could you specify when you uploaded the photo?

cheers ehg
>  Boathouse.jpg
> 121KAnzeigenHerunterladen
Re: Uploading a photo to google maps Richard Parker 12/10/08 8:07 AM
ehg

I uploaded it yesterday afternoon.

Out of interest - what is special about the duck photo?  What do you
do to get a photo coming up like that one?

Cheers

Richard

Re: Uploading a photo to google maps ehg 12/10/08 8:34 AM
Hi Richard,

in case you uploaded it as recently as yesterday let's wait for some
days or few weeks.

I'm almost certain: there is only a periodical  exchange of the data
between both services.
BTW I uploaded your same photo too - no avail to get it displayed
immediately.
After a while (not getting it displayed post the matter again)
However I believe there will be NO NEED to do so.

To your second question:

I got the duck photo at the left sidebar as you described it:
just doing a search for "London KT2 5BB, UK":
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=London+KT2+5BB,+UK&sll=51.420539,-0.304498&sspn=0.007333,0.019312&g=London+KT2+5BB,+UK&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

To see more photos I checked the according little checkbox below the
button "More" (top the map)
Then I'll get plenty of more photos depending on the zoom level of the
map.

cheers ehg
Re: Uploading a photo to google maps Richard Parker 12/10/08 9:44 AM
Thanks - I'll wait a bit.

Regarding the ducks photo - what is special about it that causes it to
always come up when you need to click on a link to see other photos.
How do I get my photo to take the place of the ducks and be the only
one on show immediately??

Thank

Richard

Re: Uploading a photo to google maps ehg 12/10/08 9:56 AM

On 10 Dez., 18:44, Richard Parker <richa...@eml.com> wrote:
> Thanks - I'll wait a bit.
>
> Regarding the ducks photo - what is special about it that causes it to
> always come up when you need to click on a link to see other photos.
> How do I get my photo to take the place of the ducks and be the only
> one on show immediately??

I can't really take this question being seriously.

Why should a photo provided from YOU showed up INSTEAD of any other
photo (showing a duck or anything else)
Especially if you search for such a wide area as a postcode.
Think about you and me:
Let's assume for the moment  I am a competitor of you, owning a
boathouse just near yours or I own just a very different business near
that boathouse:

Why should YOU expect to get YOUR paranomico photo displayed better
ranked then MINE's?

Anyway and regardless to this - my personal - opinion:
I don't know a way to get any photo displayed instead of this photo of
a duck.

cheers ehg
> Thank
>
> Richard
>
> On 10 Dec 2008, at 16:34, ehg wrote:
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> in case you uploaded it as recently as yesterday let's wait for some
> days or few weeks.
>
> I'm almost certain: there is only a periodical  exchange of the data
> between both services.
> BTW I uploaded your same photo too - no avail to get it displayed
> immediately.
> After a while (not getting it displayed post the matter again)
> However I believe there will be NO NEED to do so.
>
> To your second question:
>
> I got the duck photo at the left sidebar as you described it:
> just doing a search for "London KT2 5BB, UK":http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=London+KT2+5BB,+UK...
Re: Uploading a photo to google maps richardp 12/10/08 10:04 AM
You should take this question seriously.

WHY should the DUCKS be there instead of ME?  Unfair to the geese, the
coots and the swans.

I thought that you pay more money, you get better position than me.
Isn't that the google business model?

Richard
Re: Uploading a photo to google maps ehg 12/10/08 10:18 AM

On 10 Dez., 19:04, Richard Parker <richa...@eml.com> wrote:
> You should take this question seriously.
>
> WHY should the DUCKS be there instead of ME?  Unfair to the geese, the
> coots and the swans.

You are of course right with this remark about the equal status of
photos about ducks, geese, coots and the swans.
Unfortunately you are not right about me:
I'm not from Google. I volunteering my time to answer question for
people asking for help.

I'm not getting any money to answer questions here:
I'm a normal user like you spending (but obviously wasting) my time
and effort.
BTW I'm a German & retired (not retired from Google - never work for
them).

cheers ehg
Re: Uploading a photo to google maps Richard Parker 12/10/08 10:30 AM
ehg

I did think you were Mr Google and I apologise for that.  Thank you
for giving your time to answer our questions.

I still want to be where the duck are though.  Must be possible.

Richard