iGoogle URL API's

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
iGoogle URL API's Drewdah 5/14/08 12:03 PM
I would like to integrate Google data into a project I'm working on,
but due to my environment constraints I can't use anything that
requires an API key because the key is tied to a specific URL and my
environment has a randomly named URL on each installation. Anyone know
a way around something like this?

Also, I apologize if this has been asked before, but I dug through the
documentation and couldn't find any information about the following
URL APIs. Does anyone have access to some reference docs for these?

Thanks in advance!

Re: iGoogle URL API's Jeff Fisher (Google) 5/14/08 1:27 PM

All of the Google Data APIs:

Do not use an API key at all, with the exception of YouTube and Base
(both of which I do not think are URL-checked.)

The specific feeds you are asking about do not seem to be part of any
official API offering and are, I would assume, for gadget use only.
Perhaps you would find more information in the iGoogle developer

Re: iGoogle URL API's Drewdah 5/14/08 2:10 PM
Google's separation of APIs (data vs. gadget vs. search etc.) on the
doc page is confusing. I wish they would just lay out their API
services like they do on http://www.google.com/options/ and from there
let you dive into the different ways to interface with them from

Anyway, thanks for the info Jeff - I'll ask my question in the iGoogle

On May 14, 1:27 pm, "Jeff Fisher (Google)" <api.jfis...@google.com>