This topic has been hidden because it was flagged for abuse.

Re: 1.7.2 Pre-release SDKs Available ingo 9/18/12 7:18 AM
Sounds great! Is there any ETA on introducing Java 7 features on App Engine?

Thanks,
Ingo
Re: 1.7.2 Pre-release SDKs Available cws1989 10/15/12 8:01 PM
What is the meaning of 'Search API now has a string maximum length limit of 2000 characters'? Is that mean search API can only index text/string up to 2000 characters? What will happen when I feed a string with 2001 characters in Java SDK? throw exception or search API will ignore characters since index 2000? I've visited the 'Overview' and 'Java Reference' and see https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/javadoc/com/google/appengine/api/search/checkers/FieldChecker#MAXIMUM_TEXT_LENGTH it stated 1048576 bytes, this means it is updated from 1048576 to 2000? Thanks.
Re: [google-appengine] Re: 1.7.2 Pre-release SDKs Available JP TONG 10/15/12 8:34 PM
Good!

2012/10/16 cws1989 <cws...@yahoo.com.hk>
What is the meaning of 'Search API now has a string maximum length limit of 2000 characters'? Is that mean search API can only index text/string up to 2000 characters? What will happen when I feed a string with 2001 characters in Java SDK? throw exception or search API will ignore characters since index 2000? I've visited the 'Overview' and 'Java Reference' and see https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/javadoc/com/google/appengine/api/search/checkers/FieldChecker#MAXIMUM_TEXT_LENGTH it stated 1048576 bytes, this means it is updated from 1048576 to 2000? Thanks.

西安――深圳――上海

Re: [google-appengine] Re: 1.7.2 Pre-release SDKs Available barryhunter 10/16/12 4:24 AM
I assumed it was referring to the search query. The string you send when making a search. Not the indexing limit.

Haven't tested it tho.