[ANN] jiqlAdmin Data Querying tool for Google's DataStore

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
[ANN] jiqlAdmin Data Querying tool for Google's DataStore Ron Chin 6/25/09 9:12 PM
jiqlAdmin is a Web Based Data Querying tool for Google's DataStore.
For use with Data accessed by JDBC, JDO/JPA, or DataStore API driven
applications.
jiqlAdmin can be deployed remotely (on your own server) or locally (on
AppEngine).
The AJAX front-end is based on GWT, with widgets from the GWT Mosaic
project.

Specific Features:
SQL based Querys
BULK INSERTS
IMPORT and EXPORT with .CSV or .SQL
IMPORT from files .CSV or .SQL
EXPORTS

A live Demo is available here:
http://jiqladmin.appspot.com/Jiqladmin.html

Note: this is an early BETA preview - so some features are not yet
implemented.

Download:
http://www.jiql.org/xwiki/resources/jiqladmin.war

Deploy:
Just deploy to any standard's based application server.

Configuration:
The default DataStore access configuration points to the same
DataStore in the Demo above.

To enable access to your DataStore, follow the steps for jiql Remote
Access here:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhg923vj_2ghr8q9f3

Then in jiqlAdmin, edit the following file:
./WEB-INF/jiqladmin.properties

To Deploy jiqlAdmin locally (on AppEngine):
To enable access to your DataStore, follow the steps to install jiql
JDBC Wrapper here:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhg923vj_2ghr8q9f3

Then in jiqlAdmin, comment out the remote access entry in the
following file:
./WEB-INF/jiqladmin.properties

In web.xml, change the Servlet Path
/uploadServlet to /jiqladmin/uploadServlet

NOTE: your appengine-web.xml should look like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<appengine-web-app xmlns="http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0">
    <application>jiqladmin</application>
    <version>1</version>

    <system-properties>
        <property name="java.util.logging.config.file" value="WEB-INF/
logging.properties"/>
    </system-properties>
<ssl-enabled>true</ssl-enabled>
<sessions-enabled>true</sessions-enabled>
    <resource-files>
        <include path="/**.rpc" />
    </resource-files>
</appengine-web-app>

Caveat for local use:
As it is GWT based, and GWT generates many little files,
you may not have space for your other application files (maximum 1000
files per application on AppEngine).
jiqlAdmin contains over 200 files.

**IMPORTANT**
You should password protect the following paths with whatever
authentication mechanism is available
on your application server:
/jiqladmin/*
/uploadServlet/*

Source:
http://www.jiql.org/xwiki/resources/jiqladmin.src.zip

More information on jiql JDBC Wrapper and jiqlAdmin DataStore Querying
Tool
can be found at http://www.jiql.org
Re: jiqlAdmin Data Querying tool for Google's DataStore Mike Chen 7/18/09 5:50 PM
Hello,
your jiql and jiqlAdmin tools look very promising.
Is jiqlAdmin the only tool that can be used for managing DataStore
data via the jiql JDBC bridge?
Am I also able to use Eclipse Data Source Manager with the jiql JDBC
wrapper to remotely manage Google BigTable:
http://www.eclipse.org/datatools/

Thanks.

On Jun 25, 9:12 pm, "appcl...@gmail.com" <appcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> jiqlAdminis a Web Based Data Querying tool for Google's DataStore.
> For use with Data accessed by JDBC, JDO/JPA, or DataStore API driven
> applications.jiqlAdmincan be deployed remotely (on your own server) or locally (on
> AppEngine).
> The AJAX front-end is based on GWT, with widgets from the GWT Mosaic
> project.
>
> Specific Features:
> SQL based Querys
> BULK INSERTS
> IMPORT and EXPORT with .CSV or .SQL
> IMPORT from files .CSV or .SQL
> EXPORTS
>
> A live Demo is available here:http://jiqladmin.appspot.com/Jiqladmin.html
>
> Note: this is an early BETA preview - so some features are not yet
> implemented.
>
> Download:http://www.jiql.org/xwiki/resources/jiqladmin.war
>
> Deploy:
> Just deploy to any standard's based application server.
>
> Configuration:
> The default DataStore access configuration points to the same
> DataStore in the Demo above.
>
> To enable access to your DataStore, follow the steps for jiql Remote
> Access here:http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhg923vj_2ghr8q9f3
>
> Then injiqlAdmin, edit the following file:
> ./WEB-INF/jiqladmin.properties
>
> To DeployjiqlAdminlocally (on AppEngine):
> To enable access to your DataStore, follow the steps to install jiql
> JDBC Wrapper here:http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhg923vj_2ghr8q9f3
>
> Then injiqlAdmin, comment out the remote access entry in the
> following file:
> ./WEB-INF/jiqladmin.properties
>
> In web.xml, change the Servlet Path
> /uploadServlet to /jiqladmin/uploadServlet
>
> NOTE: your appengine-web.xml should look like:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <appengine-web-app xmlns="http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0">
>     <application>jiqladmin</application>
>     <version>1</version>
>
>     <system-properties>
>         <property name="java.util.logging.config.file" value="WEB-INF/
> logging.properties"/>
>     </system-properties>
> <ssl-enabled>true</ssl-enabled>
> <sessions-enabled>true</sessions-enabled>
>     <resource-files>
>         <include path="/**.rpc" />
>     </resource-files>
> </appengine-web-app>
>
> Caveat for local use:
> As it is GWT based, and GWT generates many little files,
> you may not have space for your other application files (maximum 1000
> files per application on AppEngine).jiqlAdmincontains over 200 files.
>
> **IMPORTANT**
> You should password protect the following paths with whatever
> authentication mechanism is available
> on your application server:
> /jiqladmin/*
> /uploadServlet/*
>
> Source:http://www.jiql.org/xwiki/resources/jiqladmin.src.zip
>
> More information on jiql JDBC Wrapper andjiqlAdminDataStore Querying
Re: jiqlAdmin Data Querying tool for Google's DataStore Ron Chin 7/20/09 5:08 PM
Yes you can.
Use the Eclipse Connection Type Generic JDBC_1

Regards