Google App Engine + Java Applet

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
Google App Engine + Java Applet SKP 5/23/11 3:07 PM
Hi

I have been trying to do Encryption /Decryption (using javax.crypto)
on browser side i.e. using javascript. Data is stored in GAE's
datastore.  I created a java applet that can encrypt/decrypt to use
javax.crypto. But now i see that google app engine doesnt support
java.applet.Applet . Is there any work around or anyway I can go about
browser side encryption /decryption?

Thanks
Sharada
Re: Google App Engine + Java Applet Brandon Donnelson 5/24/11 6:27 AM
Doesn't an applet run on the client side? Did you want it to run on the server side? If it does run on the client GAE won't care what you do.

Brandon Donnelson
Re: Google App Engine + Java Applet SKP 5/24/11 8:06 AM
Yes. It runs on the client side but I would like to host it at GAE.
Re: [appengine-java] Google App Engine + Java Applet Ian Gillett 5/24/11 10:52 AM
Hi,

You can run Applets on App Engine - we are using an Applet / App engine on the App below:

Cheers,
Ian.

Re: Google App Engine + Java Applet SKP 5/25/11 10:59 AM
Hi Ian

How does that work, any idea? Because the GAE JRE doesnt support
java.applet.Applet.

Thanks

On May 24, 1:52 pm, Ian Gillett <iangillet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can run Applets on App Engine - we are using an Applet / App engine on
> the App below:
>
> https://www.google.com/enterprise/marketplace/viewListing?productList...
>
> <https://www.google.com/enterprise/marketplace/viewListing?productList...>
> Cheers,
> Ian.
Re: [appengine-java] Re: Google App Engine + Java Applet Stevko 5/25/11 11:15 AM
App Engine's JVM does not support java.applet because it only support server side code.
Your Applet code is loaded into the server's static files and, after downloading, the applet is loaded into the browser's jvm
--
-- A. Stevko

Re: Google App Engine + Java Applet Brandon Donnelson 5/25/11 12:54 PM
Try this: http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/applets/_APPLET.html - stick the applet tag in a web page html source.

Brandon Donnelson
Re: [appengine-java] Re: Google App Engine + Java Applet Ian Gillett 5/26/11 2:33 PM
Hi,

You just need to put the applet jar(s) and the container JSP in the WAR directory and App Engine will then serve the Applet.

All the best,
Ian.