Gophercon 2014

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Gophercon 2014 Brian Ketelsen 5/13/13 2:54 PM
It's official, Go 1.1 is out!  And what better way to celebrate than to announce the first ever GopherCon!  A conference for gophers of all varieties, held in spring in Denver, Colorado, USA.

We're still finalizing the details (like location), but we've got the dates firmed up.  Reserve April 25th and 26th 2014 for a trip to Denver to meet up with Go developers, friends, and even members of the Go team. [1]

A few details are available at http://www.gophercon.com  We'll open up the Call for Proposals soon, and open up the registration shortly after we finalize the roster of speakers.  In the mean time, block those dates [ 25-APRIL, 26-APRIL 2014] in your calendar and start thinking of your proposals for awesome talks and labs you want to present or teach!

Brian Ketelsen
on behalf of the GopherCon team

[1] tentatively scheduled, subject to finalizing arrangements
Re: Gophercon 2014 Antoine Grondin 5/13/13 3:27 PM
I'm a student and I'm broke, will there be a reduced rate for our kind?
Re: Gophercon 2014 Brian Ketelsen 5/13/13 3:46 PM
We don't have pricing finalized yet, but I promise it will be affordable for students and professionals alike.   We're targeting a very low admission fee.

Brian
Re: Gophercon 2014 John Asmuth 5/13/13 6:48 PM
Sounds like a blast! I wonder if I can get my employer to pay for the trip...

On Monday, May 13, 2013 5:54:43 PM UTC-4, Brian Ketelsen wrote:
Re: Gophercon 2014 brocaar 5/13/13 11:51 PM
Great initiative, looking forward to it! Are you aware that on the mobile version of the site, the dates are not visible?