GData setCookieStorage crash: _objc_setProperty_atomic

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
GData setCookieStorage crash: _objc_setProperty_atomic Alex 10/4/12 5:54 AM
Hi guys,
I have updated to the recent version of the GData framework. My Deployment target is iOS5.1 and I was using GData before without any problems.
Due to the new release of iOS6, I updated to xCode4.5 and, like I said before, updated GData as well.

But now I do have problems using this framework on the device:
I am getting the following error:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _objc_setProperty_atomic

  Referenced from: /var/mobile/Applications/BBA92D5F-C047-4E05-86BE-B68E8C0F328A/MyApp.app/MyApp

  Expected in: /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _objc_setProperty_atomic

  Referenced from: /var/mobile/Applications/BBA92D5F-C047-4E05-86BE-B68E8C0F328A/MyApp.app/MyApp

  Expected in: /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

Running in the simulator works fine and without any errors / problems.

I did the setup exactly like the description posted in the referenced blog.

Any suggestions about the problem or how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance - I would appreciate any help!

Re: GData setCookieStorage crash: _objc_setProperty_atomic Tom Van Lenten 10/4/12 5:58 AM
The checked in projects don't set a deployment version, directly add the sources to your project instead so the compiler settings you have picked can be applied.

TVL

Re: GData setCookieStorage crash: _objc_setProperty_atomic Alex 10/4/12 6:10 AM
Ah thanks, I just changed the deployment target of GData to the same version of the one in my main project.
Now it is working again!
Great thanks!!

Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012 14:58:01 UTC+2 schrieb Tom Van Lenten:
The checked in projects don't set a deployment version, directly add the sources to your project instead so the compiler settings you have picked can be applied.

TVL
Re: GData setCookieStorage crash: _objc_setProperty_atomic Jakob Sachse 10/10/12 9:25 AM
I have the same problem, yet when i change iOS Deployment Target in GData to the same value my iOS Project uses the runtime error remains.

Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012 14:54:29 UTC+2 schrieb Alex:
Re: GData setCookieStorage crash: _objc_setProperty_atomic Greg Robbins 10/10/12 5:56 PM
As Tom suggested, try directly adding the library sources to your project.

Re: GData setCookieStorage crash: _objc_setProperty_atomic Jakob Sachse 10/11/12 4:25 AM
I dont want to mess up my project with all that code. The basic cause of this problem seems to be, that the lib is compiled into a
objc format that iOS 4.3 (my apps target) does not support. So how do i get it to compile into that format?

The deployment target seemed to be the correct, but somehow still the compiled format is wrong. Are there any other settings I can try changing?

I can't be the only one having that trouble.

Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012 14:54:29 UTC+2 schrieb Alex:
Hi guys,
Re: GData setCookieStorage crash: _objc_setProperty_atomic Lucas Goossen 10/14/12 6:21 PM
Jakob I had your same problem and I deleted all the derived data so it would rebuild everything and then the change took effect.
Re: GData setCookieStorage crash: _objc_setProperty_atomic Jakob Sachse 10/22/12 2:40 AM
Thank you!!!

I thought that Product -> Clean in xCode would do just that. But it tured out it wouldn't!
Now, after 2 weeks and lots of waisted time its working :)

Thanks again!