Tiny Tiny RSS support

Showing 1-167 of 167 messages
Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 4/17/13 5:20 AM
gReader v3.2.4 beta

Try out the new beta with Tiny Tiny RSS support.
On Login view select Tiny Tiny RSS and enter your login data:
- Server: Installation path of your TT-RSS (http://example.dom/tt-rss/)
- Username & Password:

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server
- Creating or changing folders not possible
- Creating or changing labels not possible
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

API could be changed manually on your server but it is better if the developer of TT-RSS changes it on there system so that default installation works for all.
You could request it here: http://tt-rss.org/forum/

Feedbacks are desirable.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Gideon Brontë 4/17/13 5:53 AM
thanks for the effort......looking forward to trying it later and to read what others have to say

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Mirco Vivaldi 4/17/13 6:10 AM

I'm glad you support tt-rss... thank you!

I found a problem: I can't sign in with my server with self signed certificate (no problem with http)

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support ripn...@gmail.com 4/17/13 7:36 AM
Hi,

Great :) thanks for doing that. Im glad greader lives on :)

Not to sound ungrateful, but are you planning on supporting any commercial RSS aggregators  i will install TRSS on my linux server if needed, but if (say) feedly support is around the corner, id probably rather wait and use that. I am currently very short of time (possibly because I read too much RSS!)

many thanks on a great product

george
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 4/17/13 8:48 AM
TT-RSS is just one support.
Feedly or OldReader right now has no API. They will be supported when the time is coming.

unk...@googlegroups.com 4/17/13 10:04 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support kik0220 4/17/13 5:42 PM
gReader v3.2.4 beta is crash at process starting on my tablet(SAMSUNG SC-01E is like Galaxy Tab 7.7).
this is part of log.(full log file is attached)

W/08:46:17.255 dalvikvm(10860)
threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40c0c1f8)
E/08:46:17.265 AndroidRuntime(10860)
FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/08:46:17.265 AndroidRuntime(10860)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro/com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro.LoginActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support kik0220 4/17/13 5:55 PM
I found way to escape this issue.
1. install gReader pro 3.2.3 from Google Play
2. Login Google Reader in gReader pro 3.2.3.(and allow gReader to access Google Reader.)
3. install gReader v3.2.4 beta
over.
it is no problem. i am sorry.
it's a my misstake to want to do clean install gReader v3.2.4 beta.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support marf...@gmail.com 4/18/13 12:16 AM
At first, I must thank you for a great program.
I updated to v3.2.4 beta on my HTC Desire Z, but synchronization with tt-rss is not working. Appears that the synchronization takes place, but after finishing no articles are available. If I add new feed via gReader, I can not see articles from this feed on my phone, but I can see them only on PC. I tried to change various settings, but it did not help. Synchronization with Google Reader works without problems. Am I doing something wrong?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 4/18/13 12:35 AM
What TT-RSS version do u have?

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM, <marf...@gmail.com> wrote:
At first, I must thank you for a great program.
I updated to v3.2.4 beta on my HTC Desire Z, but synchronization with tt-rss is not working. Appears that the synchronization takes place, but after finishing no articles are available. If I add new feed via gReader, I can not see articles from this feed on my phone, but I can see them only on PC. I tried to change various settings, but it did not help. Synchronization with Google Reader works without problems. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support justauser 4/18/13 12:47 AM
Thanks so much for this.  I will download and try shortly.  There is a post about needing to allow self signed certs.  You also need to have a password/login for the site separate from the tt-rss app itself.  A site can be password protected.  If you look at their reference app preferences you'll see these options.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 4/18/13 12:52 AM
could u provide the link?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support marf...@gmail.com 4/18/13 12:56 AM
I have tt-rss v1.7.8

Dne čtvrtek, 18. dubna 2013 9:35:10 UTC+2 Noin Nion napsal(a):
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Vogel 4/18/13 2:30 AM
Hi!

Am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013 14:20:07 UTC+2 schrieb Noin Nion:
gReader v3.2.4 beta

Try out the new beta with Tiny Tiny RSS support.

Thanks for your work! Just this week I installed my tt-rss server on my machine. So it is really just in time :)

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server
- Creating or changing folders not possible
- Creating or changing labels not possible
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

Have you already contacted the developer with that list?

Feedbacks are desirable.

It seems to work. I will give a feedback if something goes wrong.

Michael
unk...@googlegroups.com 4/18/13 3:01 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support fobe...@gmail.com 4/18/13 3:01 AM
The articles are not synced when they are read in gReader Pro. TT-RSS stil shows unread items...
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support luca.sa...@gmail.com 4/18/13 3:25 AM
Thank you very much for adding support to TT-RSS.

Il giorno mercoledì 17 aprile 2013 14:20:07 UTC+2, Noin Nion ha scritto:
- Update unread status from server

What kind of API would you need for such a feature?

Feedbacks are desirable.

I tried the beta on a HTC Desire Z w/ GingerBread 2.3.7 and gReader (not pro) installed. It seemed to successfully login, get the list of available feed, but failed to load any feed when in mobile data. At home, on WIFI, it downloaded everything and synchronized successfully.
Articles read on gReader Pro BETA would appear as read on the server (1.7.8).
Today, when in Mobile Data, synchronization appears to work.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support luca.sa...@gmail.com 4/18/13 3:38 AM
Il giorno mercoledì 17 aprile 2013 14:20:07 UTC+2, Noin Nion ha scritto:
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

This has been fixed today by the developer on github and will be available for the next release.

Users willing to test can manually apply the change to their installation.

L.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support tbar 4/18/13 4:22 AM
I'm using gReader 3.2.4 beta with ttrss support and have observed the following issue on multiple feeds (eg. http://borsen.dk/rss/): In headline mode html entities like &mdash; and
&oslash; is not escaped. They are escaped perfectly when viewing in article mode.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support fobe...@gmail.com 4/18/13 5:15 AM
When the feeds are marked read in gReader Pro .beta, they are not marked as read in TT-RSS
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support tbar 4/18/13 5:25 AM
I disagree. When I read articles in gReader Pro .beta they are marked as read in ttrss when gReader synchronizes. Have you tried a manual synchronization?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support the1...@googlemail.com 4/18/13 7:14 AM
no SSL support? because i can't login and got no non-SSL way to login :(

Am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013 14:20:07 UTC+2 schrieb Noin Nion:
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support marf...@gmail.com 4/18/13 7:14 AM
I tried both: mobile data and wifi too. The problem is same, synchronization doesnt work, I cant see any feeds and articles in gReader ("You have no unread items"), but on PC everything is OK. I used gReader Pro last some months without any problems with Google Reader, but with TT-RSS it doesnt work

tt-rss 1.7.8
HTC Desire Z
Android 2.3.3
gReader Pro 3.2.4 beta

Dne čtvrtek, 18. dubna 2013 12:25:23 UTC+2 luca.sa...@gmail.com napsal(a):
I tried the beta on a HTC Desire Z w/ GingerBread 2.3.7 and gReader (not pro) installed. It seemed to successfully login, get the list of available feed, but failed to load any feed when in mobile data. At home, on WIFI, it downloaded everything and synchronized successfully.
Articles read on gReader Pro BETA would appear as read on the server (1.7.8).
Today, when in Mobile Data, synchronization appears to work.
unk...@googlegroups.com 4/18/13 7:54 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support fobe...@gmail.com 4/18/13 7:55 AM
I read the feeds, marked them as read in gReader Pro (3.2.4 beta) and then use the sync-button. Then in my web browser the feeds are not set as read but still as unread. When I use the alternative TT-RSS android client the read feeds are synced perfectly when I check in the web browser
Feedbacks are desirable.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Miles Beck 4/18/13 8:22 AM
To get syncing to work I had to do the following and it only worked on individual articles, not when using the 'Mark all read' check-mark icon.
To get articles to show are read on TT-RSS you have to open the article and then sync and then it goes away on TT-RSS. This should sync as soon as
it's read within gReader. Using the 'Mark all read' check-mark icon when showing all articles does not work at all.

TT-RSS 1.7.8
gRreader 3.2.4beta

On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:20:07 AM UTC-7, Noin Nion wrote:
gReader v3.2.4 beta

Try out the new beta with Tiny Tiny RSS support.
On Login view select Tiny Tiny RSS and enter your login data:
- Server: Installation path of your TT-RSS (http://example.dom/tt-rss/)
- Username & Password:

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server
- Creating or changing folders not possible
- Creating or changing labels not possible
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

API could be changed manually on your server but it is better if the developer of TT-RSS changes it on there system so that default installation works for all.
You could request it here: http://tt-rss.org/forum/

Feedbacks are desirable.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support dand...@gmail.com 4/18/13 8:47 AM
Authentication seems to work, but I'm just getting a "data parse error" on synching with ttrss v1.7.8. Official ttrss android app works fine.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support justauser 4/18/13 4:56 PM
Go to the play stor and download the tt-rss client by Andrew Dolgov.  Go to settings and you'll see all the options you might need.

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:52:05 PM UTC+9, Noin Nion wrote:
could u provide the link?

On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:20:07 PM UTC+9, Noin Nion wrote:
gReader v3.2.4 beta

Try out the new beta with Tiny Tiny RSS support.
On Login view select Tiny Tiny RSS and enter your login data:
- Server: Installation path of your TT-RSS (http://example.dom/tt-rss/)
- Username & Password:

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server
- Creating or changing folders not possible
- Creating or changing labels not possible
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

API could be changed manually on your server but it is better if the developer of TT-RSS changes it on there system so that default installation works for all.
You could request it here: http://tt-rss.org/forum/

Feedbacks are desirable.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support ripn...@gmail.com 4/19/13 1:29 AM
hi...

many thanks for adding ttrss support.

I have setup ttrss and it's working fine in the browser. I'm not using ssl or http level passwords.

it is however running on port 500 and not 80

I'm having the same issue - it appears to sync but no articles in list.
is is possible to enable some  kind of log in greader so I can see that what's happening?
I can setup an account on my ttrss server for testing if you need it
thanks
georg

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support ripn...@gmail.com 4/19/13 1:30 AM
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support ripn...@gmail.com 4/19/13 1:31 AM
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Vogel 4/20/13 3:32 AM

Am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013 14:20:07 UTC+2 schrieb Noin Nion:

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server

According to their API you could use "getUnread" to check if the unread counter on the server is lower than on the client. This should be a sign to reread the data.

"getCategories" would be helpful to get a list of categories with unread items. You should set "unread_only" as a parameter.

You could then use "getFeeds" with the parameter "unread_only". Maybe "getHeadlines" could help as well. Then you should set "show_excerpt" and "show_content" to false and set the "view_mode" to "unread".

Since I haven't tried it on my own I don't know if there are any flaws with these API functions. If you already tried it out with these functions and they weren't what you needed, please tell what a newly API function should look alike. I don't know if the guys from tt-rss are accepting code from strangers - but I would like to provide a patch that would include the functions you need.

Again thanks for your work!

Michael
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 4/20/13 5:08 AM
With this way you could only retrieve the unread counter. If some changes happened you could not know it. gReader does not download every unread items each times.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Vogel 4/20/13 9:38 AM
Am 20.04.13 14:08, schrieb Noin Nion:
> With this way you could only retrieve the unread counter.

With "getHeadlines" you would get more information.

> If some
> changes happened you could not know it. gReader does not download every
> unread items each times.

Okay. How exactly should an API function look alike? What would you like
to have?

Would it be an idea to add a parameter like "compact" to "getHeadlines"
to get a very compacted return value that consists only of the id?

Michael

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support haoto 4/20/13 3:18 PM

Hi,

I'm thrilled to find that you are working on TT-RSS support! Thanks! I'm however also using SSL on a custom port on my server right now, so cannot test this version yet. Looking forward to test your app out when those are added.

On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:20:07 PM UTC+8, Noin Nion wrote:
gReader v3.2.4 beta

Try out the new beta with Tiny Tiny RSS support.
On Login view select Tiny Tiny RSS and enter your login data:
- Server: Installation path of your TT-RSS (http://example.dom/tt-rss/)
- Username & Password:

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server
- Creating or changing folders not possible
- Creating or changing labels not possible
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

API could be changed manually on your server but it is better if the developer of TT-RSS changes it on there system so that default installation works for all.
You could request it here: http://tt-rss.org/forum/

Feedbacks are desirable.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support keyk...@gmail.com 4/21/13 5:53 AM
I have problem with Polish characters in 3.2.4beta.
It occurs only in list view with rich list option enabled.

Images:

Problem - gReaderPro (3.2.4beta, tt-rss 1.7.8):
http://tinypic.com/r/vzkoc4/4

gReaderPro (3.2.4beta, with Google Account) works OK:
http://tinypic.com/r/zujaip/4

Official TinyTinyRSS client also works OK:
http://tinypic.com/r/55nfc7/4

When I open feed item everything looks OK. gReaderPro (3.2.4beta, tt-rss 1.7.8):
http://tinypic.com/r/5yvntg/4

- gReaderPro 3.2.4beta
- tt-rss 1.7.8
- Nexus 7 (Android 4.2.2)
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 4/22/13 12:48 AM
v3.2.4 beta2:

* New: Support for Tiny Tiny RSS (beta)
* Added: SSL support for Tiny Tiny RSS
* Improved: Support for max sync items (200) for v1.7.9
* Fixed: Item nav bar preference for tablet
* Fixed: Color in dark themes

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 4/22/13 12:51 AM
That's right. A compact version of getHeadlines with id-only is enough. Also the max sync items should be increase to 10000 (right now it is only 60 (1.7.9: 200)). Otherwise you have to request it very often.

Michael

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Künzli 4/22/13 2:25 AM
I have a ttrss-instance (v1.7.2) running on openshift. I checked the api using curl: login and retrieving categories/feeds/etc works.

With 3.2.4beta2 I can connect to ttrss, but it doesn't sync.I don't get an error message.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Vogel 4/22/13 2:28 AM
Am 2013-04-22 09:51, schrieb Noin Nion:
> On Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:38:25 PM UTC+2, Michael Vogel wrote:
>
>> Would it be an idea to add a parameter like "compact" to
>> "getHeadlines"
>> to get a very compacted return value that consists only of the id?
>
> That's right. A compact version of getHeadlines with id-only is
> enough. Also the max sync items should be increase to 10000 (right
> now
> it is only 60 (1.7.9: 200)). Otherwise you have to request it very
> often.

Okay. I will provide a patch. I hope that it will be accepted.

Michael
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 4/22/13 3:19 AM
That's would be great. Shouldn't be difficult.
The problem could be the max limit. Retrieving 10k items from a Mysql db could be slow. What you can do is limit is to 1000 or 2000 or 5000. You have to test it. There are already parameters for paging.

Hope you have success with it.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 4/22/13 3:20 AM
Why not upgrade it to v1.7.8?
Does Openshift use SSL? or any other port other than 443?

On Monday, April 22, 2013 11:25:45 AM UTC+2, michael...@gmail.com wrote:
I have a ttrss-instance (v1.7.2) running on openshift. I checked the api using curl: login and retrieving categories/feeds/etc works.

With 3.2.4beta2 I can connect to ttrss, but it doesn't sync.I don't get an error message.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Künzli 4/22/13 4:35 AM

On Monday, April 22, 2013 12:20:15 PM UTC+2, Noin Nion wrote:
Why not upgrade it to v1.7.8?

Did it, it now fetches articles!

New problem:
If I read an article in greader, it sets it to read in ttrss, but the other way around it doesn't seem to work. If I log out of greader and clear the cache and log in again, it is up to date. The api works. If i read an article on the ttrss-interface, i get an updated view-count with curl, but greader stays the same.

Does Openshift use SSL? or any other port other than 443?

Currently, I don't use SSL.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 4/22/13 4:45 AM
TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server

There are no special api for it right now. (You can archive it with the current api but the performance would be not so good). Look at the conversation with Michael Vogel in the thread.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support justauser 4/22/13 4:56 AM
Just downloaded the new beta and it still doesn't login for me.  Here is my setup:

URL is:

https://myserver.com:9876/ttrss/

the server is password protected.  if you try that URL in the browser you get a box asking for username/.password.  The tt-rss client handles this by giving you an option to enter the username/password separate from the tt-rss url/username/password.  it also supports self-signed certs.  I can tell you from the boards that many of the users use this kind of set up.

One last thing: the author has bumped the number of items downloadable per call to the API to 200 from the previous limit of 60.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support marf...@gmail.com 4/22/13 5:02 AM
I have already found out where the problem was. In the TT-RSS I had some labels created in the past. When I deleted the labels, gReader started working correctly.

Dne čtvrtek, 18. dubna 2013 9:16:50 UTC+2 marf...@gmail.com napsal(a):
At first, I must thank you for a great program.
I updated to v3.2.4 beta on my HTC Desire Z, but synchronization with tt-rss is not working. Appears that the synchronization takes place, but after finishing no articles are available. If I add new feed via gReader, I can not see articles from this feed on my phone, but I can see them only on PC. I tried to change various settings, but it did not help. Synchronization with Google Reader works without problems. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 4/22/13 5:02 AM
There is not site under the url

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support fobe...@gmail.com 4/22/13 10:58 AM
I'm not a developer. But why can the official tt-rss android can update de tt-rss server? It uses the same API... I want to switch (back) to gReader Pro but I need the function All Feeds read...
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support fobe...@gmail.com 4/22/13 11:43 AM
Same here! after using beta2 I'm getting the error not to be able to log in. While 3.2.4 beta it works perfectly :(
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Vogel 4/22/13 12:28 PM
Am 22.04.2013 19:58, schrieb fobe...@gmail.com:
> I'm not a developer. But why can the official tt-rss android can update de
> tt-rss server? It uses the same API...

There are already functions that provide the needed data. But the thing
is that gReader tries to reduce bandwith whereever possible. The
existing api function that could be used would transfer unneeded data
what isn't good when you are syncing when you aren't in a WLAN.

I will try to provide a patch this weekend.

Michael
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support fobe...@gmail.com 4/22/13 12:58 PM
thanks, that would be really great!
Are there more folks having issues with the new beta and log into TT-RSS? I have a webserver with a self-signed certificate (default port 443) and getting the message: "could not login!"...
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Tom Stiefel 4/22/13 11:31 PM

Am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013 14:20:07 UTC+2 schrieb Noin Nion:
gReader v3.2.4 beta

Try out the new beta with Tiny Tiny RSS support.
On Login view select Tiny Tiny RSS and enter your login data:
- Server: Installation path of your TT-RSS (http://example.dom/tt-rss/)
- Username & Password:
TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

I tried it and sync works fine with one device.
+ Synced articles look pretty good and some of them look better then synced with Google Reader.
+ Sync of starred articles work
- Not updating unread status from server means also that syncing does only work really with on device.

This leads into some issues that make nearly unasable for me. Normally I read my feeds on my Nexus 7 and sometimes on my Nexus 4, btu I see NO update n my N4 when I read some articles on my N7!

I love gReader and paid for Pro. So fix this issues, please!

Thanks in advance,
tom
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Nicholas Rowe 4/23/13 12:10 AM
I'm having the same issue that Tom is.  I have two devices:

Nexus 4:
- In greader, I press Sync
- 25 articles Sync

Nexus 7:
- In greader, I press Sync
- 25 Articles Sync
- I read 1 article
- I press Sync
- There are 24 unread articles

Nexus 4:
- I press sync
- There are 25 unread articles

The article I read on the nexus 7 failed to sync as read to the nexus 4.

Is this something you can fix?

Thanks, I love that ttrss is an option!

-Nick
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Vogel 4/23/13 12:45 AM
Am 2013-04-23 09:10, schrieb nixte...@dcxn.com:

> The article I read on the nexus 7 failed to sync as read to the nexus
> 4.
>
> Is this something you can fix?

If you read this thread you will see that there will be a solution.

Michael
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support fobe...@gmail.com 4/23/13 12:56 AM
I removed the beta and downloaded again the latest beta, Now I can login (again). I don't know what went wrong but it works now...
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support marf...@gmail.com 4/25/13 4:12 AM
I can confirm that - I have the same problem with Czech letters in gReaderPro 3.2.4beta2. With Google Reader everything is OK, with TTRSS (1.7.8) some special Czech letters do not display correctly in rich article list.

Dne neděle, 21. dubna 2013 14:53:44 UTC+2 keyk...@gmail.com napsal(a):
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support stephan.ma...@googlemail.com 4/28/13 5:24 AM
Good work! here are some observations that might be helpful to others. Not really bugs but I think users should be aware of this.

1. I use tt-rss in single user mode, so there is no user name and password. gReader doesn't accept empty login details, but any username/password seems to work. Perhaps best to use the tt-rss standard (user=admin, pwd=password), I tried other combinations and that sometimes didn't work.

1a. It would be good to have apache authorisation, not only tt-rss login.

2. At first I thought that synchronization only works once or not at all, until I noticed that it only seems to download articles on the server that were changed after the last synchronisation. So, for example, I have 1300 articles on tt-rss but the limit on greader set to 1000, then it downloads 1020 (multiple of 60). Now when I read them, it still doesn't synchronise the remaining 280 articles. Only when tt-rss updates the feeds, then NEW articles are synchronised to greader, again up to the limit. I guess this is really how the limit is supposed to work, but at first I thought that syncs only work a single time and you have to logout and clear cache every time. This is particularly noticeable if you run the tt-rss update script only every few hours.

3. starred and read articles in greader are updated immediately on the tt-rss server, so that seems to be fine.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Jeroen-bart Engelen 4/28/13 3:45 PM
Thanks, so much!
I love gReader! And now I can use it again!

Jeroen-bart Engelen

On Wednesday, 17 April 2013 14:20:07 UTC+2, Noin Nion wrote:
gReader v3.2.4 beta

Try out the new beta with Tiny Tiny RSS support.
On Login view select Tiny Tiny RSS and enter your login data:
- Server: Installation path of your TT-RSS (http://example.dom/tt-rss/)
- Username & Password:

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server
- Creating or changing folders not possible
- Creating or changing labels not possible
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

API could be changed manually on your server but it is better if the developer of TT-RSS changes it on there system so that default installation works for all.
You could request it here: http://tt-rss.org/forum/

Feedbacks are desirable.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support EyesX 4/28/13 6:35 PM
Nice! Great work Noin!

Will try out the beta :)
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support ikwa...@gmail.com 4/29/13 2:14 AM
Loving this. I've been using gReader since very early versions and it would have been such as shame to ditch it now that it's basically perfect. For the article limit, it looks from the source in TTRSS that you can supply a limit in the request (classes/handler/public.php): https://github.com/gothfox/Tiny-Tiny-RSS/blob/master/classes/handler/public.php#L334

If this isn't useful then I'm sure most of us are running our own TTRSS instance and would be able to add plugins or arbitrary code to provide a better web API...

On Wednesday, 17 April 2013 13:20:07 UTC+1, Noin Nion wrote:
gReader v3.2.4 beta

Try out the new beta with Tiny Tiny RSS support.
On Login view select Tiny Tiny RSS and enter your login data:
- Server: Installation path of your TT-RSS (http://example.dom/tt-rss/)
- Username & Password:

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server
- Creating or changing folders not possible
- Creating or changing labels not possible
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

API could be changed manually on your server but it is better if the developer of TT-RSS changes it on there system so that default installation works for all.
You could request it here: http://tt-rss.org/forum/

Feedbacks are desirable.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support jakub....@gmail.com 4/29/13 7:40 AM
Hi Noin

Thanks for improving and expanding gReader with non-Google-Reader support. (like TT here)
But I was thinking, instead of going with 3rd party (or in parallel with 3rd party support) - could it be possible to have gReader just directly update feeds?
It could store the data in internal phone memory with anything extra (like images/html/flash/music/podcast/video) on sd card "cache"?
I believe that would increase a bit network usage and space used by gReader but in the long run this would be most reliable source without the limits on the other side (and user could limit what is downloaded, how much and how often). The downsize is that, it does(would?) not sync with anything and what was read would be stored with the device memory but there are few ways to deal with that.

What do you think about the idea?
How hard it would be to make? I wonder what other people think about it?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Nicolas Morel 5/1/13 11:06 AM
Hello Noin Noin,

I've been using the beta for a few weeks, it works perfectly !
I recently change my configuration to put all my stuff behind a reverse proxy (nginx), and I usually manage to make it work by giving apps a url like https://user:password@host:port/path/ but it doesn't work here.
Are you doing any special parsing that I should be aware of or is it simply not supported ?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Steven Köberich 5/2/13 3:59 AM
Hi there,
Loving greader and buyed it after i setup ttrss AS replacement for Google reader.

I'm using ttrss from trunk and since 1 week or so greader isn't syncing anymore seams that they changed something that breaks it.

Cheers
Steven

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Tom Stiefel 5/2/13 2:16 PM
Try logoff and login again. It will delete your cache and sync everything again.
I had same problem and worked for me!
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Steven Köberich 5/2/13 4:28 PM
Did this already and even remove and reinstall didn´t help...
Are you on latest trunk (v1.7.8.e79581c) too?

On Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:16:44 PM UTC+2, Tom Stiefel wrote:
Try logoff and login again. It will delete your cache and sync everything again.
I had same problem and worked for me!
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Joachim 5/3/13 6:58 AM
Hi,

I am using gReader 3.2.4beta2 with tt-rss (current trunk version). In works quite well but I noticed two problems:
In the article list previews umlauts and other HTML encoded characters are not displayed correctly but with their HTML code, e.g. &ouml; instead of ö or &nbps; instead of non-breaking space. In the feed view (or cache or web view), the problem does not show up.
If I remove the star from articles in the web interface of tt-rss, they stay in the starred article folder in gReader. The other way around works: If I remove the star from an article (starred at the web interface) it gets removed from the folder at the web interface.

Thank you for your work
Joachim
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Steven Köberich 5/3/13 9:15 AM
Hi,
the problem are labels... if you use labels it will not sync.

here is the catlog:

05-03 18:07:17.437 W/System.err(5477): java.lang.NullPointerException
05-03 18:07:17.437 W/System.err(5477): at com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro.client.TtRssClient.parseReaderList(TtRssClient.java:711)
05-03 18:07:17.437 W/System.err(5477): at com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro.client.TtRssClient.handleReaderList(TtRssClient.java:628)
05-03 18:07:17.437 W/System.err(5477): at com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro.provider.ReaderManager.syncReaderLists(ReaderManager.java:908)
05-03 18:07:17.437 W/System.err(5477): at com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro.provider.ReaderManager.sync(ReaderManager.java:553)
05-03 18:07:17.437 W/System.err(5477): at com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro.service.SyncService.onHandleIntent(SyncService.java:96)
05-03 18:07:17.437 W/System.err(5477): at android.app.IntentService$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(IntentService.java:65)
05-03 18:07:17.442 W/System.err(5477): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
05-03 18:07:17.442 W/System.err(5477): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
05-03 18:07:17.442 W/System.err(5477): at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

Maybe it helps
Cheers
Steven

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support wir.ko...@gmail.com 5/4/13 2:30 PM
I've the same problems- html umlauts are not corretly displayed. But just in the "body". The header is fine!

.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support justauser 5/6/13 4:58 AM
any progress on the various signin options.  I use the format:

and the server is password protected.  it is also self signed.  this means you need the ttrss username/password and the site username/password and must allow self signed certs.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Nicolas Morel 5/6/13 9:32 AM
Same problem here, I asked in this thread the 1st of May, still waiting for an answer, don't hesitate to report back if you find a solution.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 5/7/13 3:26 AM
We will work on your problems. You have to understand that we are concentrating on different things right now.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Nicolas Morel 5/7/13 4:15 AM
I do understand don't worry, just trying to find a solution, if any, in the meantime :)
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support marko....@googlemail.com 5/11/13 4:38 AM
Thanks for the tt-rss support.

Could you please consider supporting client SSL certificates for accessing the tt-rss server?

Thank you.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Mikael M. Hansen 5/11/13 7:36 AM
Hi Noin

Thanks for supporting TT-RSS as a backend. I've already made the switch 100% and now maintain my feeds through gReader Pro and a TT-RSS installation.
I too have sync problems when using labels in the backend. So for now I just do not use them. I normally use labels/tags heavily to label/tag articles after interest and subject. I often dig out old articles based on a label/tag search. It is all part of my infomation management scheme. :)

Are there plans for supporting labels/tags with a TT-RSS backend? And while you are at it. Could you please edit the UI (gReader Pro) to be consistent with regards to label<>tag (a minor thing, but still nice to cleanup).

Thanks you so much for the best RSS reader on the planet. Keep up the good work.

On Monday, April 22, 2013 9:48:33 AM UTC+2, Noin Nion wrote:
v3.2.4 beta2:

* New: Support for Tiny Tiny RSS (beta)
* Added: SSL support for Tiny Tiny RSS
* Improved: Support for max sync items (200) for v1.7.9
* Fixed: Item nav bar preference for tablet
* Fixed: Color in dark themes

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support ae...@wyssmann.com 5/11/13 11:00 AM
Downloaded but it does not synch with tt-rss. I have ssl but no valid certificate (i.e. my own) which may be a problem. I do not Getty any error message so far therefore I'm just guessing
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support powe...@gmail.com 5/13/13 1:42 PM
Thank you for this great work! But, it seems like the article marked as read in the tt-rss will not be synchronized into gReader. The result is that these articles keep being unread. I am happy to provide any further information you need.

在 2013年4月17日星期三UTC-5上午7时20分07秒,Noin Nion写道:
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support phot...@gmail.com 5/13/13 4:35 PM
I have the same problem, on 1.7.8 and now on 1.7.9, too.
Any hint's?

Thank you

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:47:06 PM UTC+2, dand...@gmail.com wrote:
Authentication seems to work, but I'm just getting a "data parse error" on synching with ttrss v1.7.8. Official ttrss android app works fine.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support heiko.j...@gmail.com 5/15/13 1:44 AM
Hi Noin Nion,

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server
- Creating or changing folders not possible
- Creating or changing labels not possible
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

API could be changed manually on your server but it is better if the developer of TT-RSS changes it on there system so that default installation works for all.
You could request it here: http://tt-rss.org/forum/

it doesn´t look like the author of TT-RSS is willing to make the necessary changes himself.
But since the API is pluggable someone else could provide a plugin for it.

Since at least one aspect of the missing features mentioned above (sync item count) has been resolved in the mean time: Could you publish an updated and a little bit more detailed description of what API calls you´d need to finalise and complete the TT-RSS integration? e.g.:
1) Get a list of all currently used tags/labels (output: List of strings)
2) Store a list of tags/labels for a record (input: Article ID, List of Strings, output: boolean success)
3) ...

That should make it much easier for anybody willing to help to pick up the ball.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Vogel 5/15/13 2:16 AM
Am 15.05.2013 10:44, schrieb heiko.j...@gmail.com:

> it doesn�t look like the author of TT-RSS is willing to make the
> necessary changes himself.
> But since the API is pluggable someone else could provide a plugin for it.

I would love to provide a patch - but I was really busy the last few weeks.

Michael

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support heiko.j...@gmail.com 5/15/13 2:59 AM
On Wednesday, May 15th 2013 11:16:42 UTC+2 Michael Vogel wrote:
I would love to provide a patch - but I was really busy the last few weeks.

Should you start working on it please use a public repository and post the link here.
Can't promise anything - esp. since some vacation´s coming up - but would try to contribute (even though PHP is not my native tongue: mostly using Perl).
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support alexan...@gmail.com 5/16/13 7:33 AM
Confirm problem with non latin (russian) letters in article list. It is show as html escape codes.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support outburst 5/16/13 9:09 AM
I only have Pro installed (3.2.3). Is the plan that you'll roll out this support in Pro once the release is semi-stable?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support heinek...@gmail.com 5/21/13 1:56 AM
will you support fever(http://www.feedafever.com/)?
It's also a great reader,and has api support.

在 2013年4月17日星期三UTC+8下午8时20分07秒,Noin Nion写道:
gReader v3.2.4 beta

Try out the new beta with Tiny Tiny RSS support.
On Login view select Tiny Tiny RSS and enter your login data:
- Server: Installation path of your TT-RSS (http://example.dom/tt-rss/)
- Username & Password:

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server
- Creating or changing folders not possible
- Creating or changing labels not possible
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

API could be changed manually on your server but it is better if the developer of TT-RSS changes it on there system so that default installation works for all.
You could request it here: http://tt-rss.org/forum/

Feedbacks are desirable.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michal Katrík 5/21/13 3:43 AM

I too have problem with non latin characters (slovak and czech) in article list. When I open the article, characters are correct.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Miles Beck 5/21/13 7:36 AM
Is synchronization being worked on? Without sync working TTRSS support is useless. I have a Nexus 4 and gReader says I have 617 unread items. I actually have 104 unread items.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Vogel 5/21/13 10:08 PM

Hi!

michal...@gmail.com schrieb:

>I too have problem with non latin characters (slovak and czech) in
>article
>list. When I open the article, characters are correct.

I think that this is a problem of TT-RSS, since the same happens when you look at the article from the web browser.

Michael
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support fobe...@gmail.com 5/21/13 11:20 PM
When can we expect the next beta or maybe the final release?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michal Katrík 5/22/13 1:30 AM
In browser everything looks fine. It's just in article list.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support John Seymour 5/23/13 1:41 AM
I'm using this with 1.7.9 TTRSS. Working ok, but it has now twice stopped syncing (briefly syncs anh nothing is downloaded). If I log out of gReader and then re-login using my TTRSS credentials it then all works fine for a while longer (days), having done nothing else to make it start working again.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support wro...@gmail.com 5/23/13 6:46 AM
I work around the sync issues by launching "Tiny Tiny RSS Reader" by Nils Braden and have it check new articles.  That makes the Tiny Tiny RSS refresh articles on the server-end (with "Lazy Server, ask the server to update its feeds before we fetch them" option checked in preferences).  Then I exit Tiny Tiny RSS Reader and load gReader, clear cache, and sync.  Everything seems to then appear as expected.

From what I observe, it isn't actually a "sync" issue.. gReader is pulling down what it sees.  Server-side, at least on what I deployed on my own web server, I don't have a cron job set up to have TTRSS launch and refresh articles (I have to check with my provider to see if that is okay on their servers).  In default configurations, TTRSS is not an always-on feed agregator like Google Reader is.  It needs to be loaded in a browser, and that process can kick off the refreshing of articles.  If that process hasn't been initiated, there aren't new updates for gReader to see and so technically the sync worked fine.

If gReader is made to tell TTRSS to update its feed list before a sync, then the workaround I described should no longer be needed.  TTRSS Reader is GPL so how to do it in code should be easily discoverable.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Nicolas Morel 5/23/13 6:54 AM
Everything works fine for me with the daemon running in background, you seem to describe the last (worst) case.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Bill 5/23/13 7:02 AM
I am familiar with that documentation page, and it describes what is happening.  As I wrote, I don't have a cronjob running, I can't simply create daemons to run on my web host's server, and the "simple background updates" method works when the server is logged into and in-use in a browser.

The TTRSS Reader author has an option to initiate an update and that works... seems to be a solution to follow up with given it is available via GPL and already figured out.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support niki...@gmail.com 5/26/13 1:03 AM
I opened this feature request in the TT-RSS forum as a crosslink to this discussion. @Michael Vogel: Would you mind to add your two cents there?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support mjho...@gmail.com 5/26/13 2:57 PM
Really glad you've decided to support ttrss. Thanks!

Any chance you'd be able to support sites with self-signed certificates, and HTTP basic authentication please?

Cheers!
Matt

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 5/26/13 3:16 PM

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 11:57 PM, <mjho...@gmail.com> wrote:
Really glad you've decided to support ttrss. Thanks!

Any chance you'd be able to support sites with self-signed certificates, and HTTP basic authentication please?

It will be supported it. You need to wait a little bit.

Cheers!
Matt

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support LintStalker 5/26/13 4:59 PM
I installed TT-RSS through Openshift and I can see the feeds in a browser, but it doesn't sync into gReader.  It seems to login properly, and I can run sync, but no articles appear.  I tried another app called Tiny Tiny RSS reader and that works.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong

On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:20:07 AM UTC-4, Noin Nion wrote:
gReader v3.2.4 beta

Try out the new beta with Tiny Tiny RSS support.
On Login view select Tiny Tiny RSS and enter your login data:
- Server: Installation path of your TT-RSS (http://example.dom/tt-rss/)
- Username & Password:

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
Some features are missing:
- Update unread status from server
- Creating or changing folders not possible
- Creating or changing labels not possible
- Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

API could be changed manually on your server but it is better if the developer of TT-RSS changes it on there system so that default installation works for all.
You could request it here: http://tt-rss.org/forum/

Feedbacks are desirable.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support SteveCr48 5/26/13 9:45 PM
I frequently have to clear the GReader cache to get my feeds from tt-rss to display correctly. The tt-rss website and app work fine.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support mjho...@gmail.com 5/27/13 1:19 AM
Brilliant! Thanks very much :)
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support LintStalker 5/27/13 7:02 AM
I tried clearing the cache, but it didn't help my sync problem.  I loaded the beta on my Samsung Galaxy Note II and it doesn't sync either.  It seems to connect ok, and I hit the sync button and it goes through the regular process, but when it completes, there's nothing there.  I tried it on 2 devices with the same result.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Steven Köberich 5/27/13 7:04 AM
I guess you are using labels.

Labels are not suported if you remove them it should work.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards

Steven "NemesisRE" Köberich

 nemes...@gmail.com  618664735
 http://nrecom.net  nemesissre

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support LintStalker 5/27/13 12:42 PM
In Google Reader, I used tags, but I don't think they carried over into TT-RSS.  Under preferences, there is something called Labels, but I don't have anything listed there, except for this:

I can't remove the word Labels, and there isn't anything else there.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support pfer...@gmail.com 5/27/13 7:56 PM
mine isn't caching images for offline to my device.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support pfer...@gmail.com 5/27/13 8:34 PM
To be more specific, I'm using the same settings as I used on Google Reader as far as greader is concerned.  My server is on my LAN, and locally caches images on all my feeds (if that matters for API purposes).  I'm checking into a few options here, but I can see how it could be problematic for some users in the same situation.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support niki...@gmail.com 5/28/13 6:20 AM
Well my feature request got a bit out of hand because I didn't respect that people's form. Still highly interested in a fully functional GReader/TT-RSS integration.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Bill 5/28/13 6:33 AM
I agree the response was on the mean side, but the core argument that what is being requested is working in other open-source tt-rss clients is kind of what I was saying earlier.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support rls...@gmail.com 5/28/13 9:08 AM
I'm in the same boat. I think if you do the quick deploy version (1.7.4), it's not compatible (for some reason). I'm hoping/waiting they upgrade to 1.7.9 (as I have no idea what I'm doing with SQL or PHP), or maybe looking at the source of the TTRSS apps out there now, we can figure out how to make it work?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support france...@gmail.com 5/29/13 3:14 AM
 I had problem to login and found that if there is a space at the end of the URL, you will be unable to login. I've removed the space and login start to work.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support SteveCr48 5/29/13 10:04 AM
Syncing with tt-rss abruptly quit working: "Data parse error."

Uninstall/reinstall. No luck. Tt-rss app and web interface work fine.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support LintStalker 5/31/13 6:49 AM
I saw that as well, so I did did a search for upgrading TT-RSS on Openshift and I found a posting that gave the rhc command line installation method for installing TT-RSS, which I ran, and now I'm on the latest version of TT-RSS, but it still doesn't sync :(  It logs in ok, and seems to find my subscriptions, it just doesn't populate them.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support m.h...@gmail.com 6/2/13 9:23 AM
Umlauts are rendered as "&uuml;" and not as ö ä ü ß.

Tiny Tiny RSS 1.7.9 here.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support pm8...@gmail.com 6/5/13 11:59 AM
Hello--

I'm testing gReader Pro 3.2.4beta2 with TT-RSS.  Thanks for providing this alternative to Google reader.

I've noticed a problem displaying some items from TT-RSS.

When I "share" an item that I got via TT-RSS, gReader Pro renders some of the html literally.  For example, this paragraph:

Members of the ultra-conservative wing of the Republican Party didn&rsquo;t try to oust Speaker John Boehner from his perch because God told them not to, a Washington Postreport highlighted by Salon&rsquo;s Jillian Rayfield states.The background to the story is that in January, a vote within the new House Republican caucus occurred on whether to keep Boehner on as speaker. Some conservatives were upset that Boehner had allowed a deal to be struck that averted the so-called &ldquo;fiscal cliff,&rdquo; and they wanted Boehner out because of it.

If I use the same beta version of gReader Pro to "share" the same item, but gotten from Google Reader, gReader Pro displays it as:

Members of the ultra-conservative wing of the Republican Party didn’t try to oust Speaker John Boehner from his perch because God told them not to, a Washington Postreport highlighted by Salon’s Jillian Rayfield states.The background to the story is that in January, a vote within the new House Republican caucus occurred on whether to keep Boehner on as speaker. Some conservatives were upset that Boehner had allowed a deal to be struck that averted the so-called “fiscal cliff,” and they wanted Boehner out because of it.

What I am calling "share" is the step in which gReader Pro reformats an item for inclusion in an email and adds the line "Sent from GReader Pro."

These results can be duplicated on both a Nexus 4 phone and a Nexus 7 tablet.

--Peter Montague
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support pm8...@gmail.com 6/6/13 7:33 AM
In this post, I forgot to mention that TT-RSS "shared" items suffer from the same problems as "shared" items from Google Reader -- namely, that the "author" (or byline) has been stripped out, and blank lines have been stripped out.. --P.M.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support mirar...@gmail.com 6/9/13 2:26 PM
I really do enjoy this support an I setup a tt-rss on my server.

It works very fine, except read items are not synced:
Items I read on tt-rss (webserver) are not marked as read in gReader.
Items I read on gReader are not marked as read in tt-rss (at least not understood by the web client).

Noone else has this problem? Or what did you do to fix it?

tt-rss 1.7.9. I can create an account if it helps debugging. I use a non-standard port (444) and a self-signed certificate (https).
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Tom Stiefel 6/9/13 11:56 PM
Am Sonntag, 9. Juni 2013 23:26:56 UTC+2 schrieb mirar...@gmail.com:
Items I read on tt-rss (webserver) are not marked as read in gReader.
Items I read on gReader are not marked as read in tt-rss (at least not understood by the web client).

That read items from webinterface are not synced is a known issue and at the moment it is "by design".
Syncing read items from gReader app to TT-RSS was working with one device some weeks ago and I could see read items in TT RSS. But now it looks like not working anymore without having changed either version of TT RSS nor gReader!
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Francesco Galdieri 6/11/13 6:32 AM
Same issue here, I cannot see any feed by Wi-Fi and mobile data. I tried the Tiny Tiny RSS app and it works perfectly.
TT-RSS 1.7.8
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Android 4.2.2
gReader Pro 3.2.4beta2

F.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support mirar...@gmail.com 6/11/13 11:56 PM

On Monday, June 10, 2013 8:56:59 AM UTC+2, Tom Stiefel wrote:
Syncing read items from gReader app to TT-RSS was working with one device some weeks ago and I could see read items in TT RSS. But now it looks like not working anymore without having changed either version of TT RSS nor gReader!

Hmm. It makes it almost useless to me. I usually read half the articles in the browser and half the articles on my phone...

The TT-RSS client (which I don't agree with that much otherwise) doesn't have a problem updating reads in both direction. Is it cheating with another API or something?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 6/12/13 5:18 PM
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support eugene....@gmail.com 6/14/13 8:57 AM
I have the same problem with gReader, however Tiny Tiny RSS official android client shows article list correcly.

On Thursday, 16 May 2013 15:33:17 UTC+1, alexan...@gmail.com wrote:
Confirm problem with non latin (russian) letters in article list. It is show as html escape codes.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support John Seymour 6/19/13 10:38 AM
Does v3.3 improve on TT Reader Support? Or abandon it to News+?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Alexandre Chanu 6/19/13 2:59 PM
Just made the upgrade of the pro version and my tinytinyrss sync is broken, i get the error message "login failure" ...
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Dan Jones 6/19/13 7:46 PM
Very cool to have a quality RSS app that supports TT-RSS.

Wondering when syncing read status from the server is going to work.

Also, I was wondering if you were going to add the "Publish" feature into the app. I use that extensively, and I'd like to be able to use it from gReader.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 6/20/13 3:10 AM
To keep the reading experience we have decided to remove TT-RSS support because the service lacks some features. Our goal is to keep the reading experience that you always have with Google Reader. We will improve it and it will be implemented in News+.

Sorry that we could not support all services with the same reading experience.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support jvro...@gmail.com 6/20/13 11:01 AM
On Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:10:35 PM UTC+2, Noin Nion wrote:
To keep the reading experience we have decided to remove TT-RSS support because the service lacks some features. Our goal is to keep the reading experience that you always have with Google Reader. We will improve it and it will be implemented in News+.

Let me see if I understand this correctly...

gReader will be discontinued.

News+ will be the successor, and will have a supported TT-RSS backend.

Right?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Gideon Brontë 6/20/13 11:05 AM
greader is very much alive.......news+ is beta app that allows you to choose which service you want to use.  Thats my understanding of whats going on
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support jvro...@gmail.com 6/20/13 11:54 AM
Yes, but as far as TT-RSS support is concerned, I understand that gReader is dead end.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Peter Kuipers 6/20/13 4:01 PM
I bought it just because i liked the tt rss support. So spend some dollars on the wrong app, i hope there will be some sort of discount for us who use ttrss along the way....

Peter

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support jvro...@gmail.com 6/21/13 6:36 AM

On Friday, June 21, 2013 1:01:34 AM UTC+2, Peter Kuipers wrote:
I bought it just because i liked the tt rss support. So spend some dollars on the wrong app, i hope there will be some sort of discount for us who use ttrss along the way....

I'm currently using gReaderPro 3.2.4beta2 with TT-RSS support and I'm very happy with it.
I'm also playing with News+ v1.00 w/ TT-RSS backend and this also seems to work nice.
(Except for the known limitations, that is.)

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support jvro...@gmail.com 6/21/13 7:17 AM
| (Except for the known limitations, that is.)

I mean, these limitations do not annoy me.

Also I assume that when NewsPro+ (or News+Pro) gets released, we gReaderPro users will have our licenses transferred.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support John Seymour 6/21/13 2:45 PM
I hope registered users of gReader will be able to use a registered copy of News+ that supports ttrss, when it's released...

On Wednesday, 17 April 2013 13:20:07 UTC+1, Noin Nion wrote:
the...@gmail.com 6/22/13 7:42 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 6/23/13 5:51 AM
Because it does not provide the full experience like you have with Google REader.

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM, <the...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why is there no TTRSS-support in the latest beta-version?

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Peter Kuipers 6/23/13 7:09 AM
i love to say that all google reader expiernce i needed was included in Greader. NOw it seems to me i can pay again for news+ to read my rss feed on my samsung. NO thanks !!

[...]

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 6/23/13 7:31 AM
2-way Sync is not possible in TT-Rss.
I will investigate the issue

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Dan Jones 6/23/13 7:53 AM

If you're saying it's not possible, does that mean you won't support it in News+, either? Is this the reason you can't sync read items from the server?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "gReader (Google Reader | RSS)" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/g_reader/CAJUbMKehXOoQBnDfDK%3DC%3Dtdb4x4_M1q6-Gh5cKZD1J_%2BJTKm4g%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support ceri 6/23/13 5:29 PM
The reason why it's not supported is because the developer of TT-RSS is arrogant and self-righteous. Because of this, he doesn't want to implement proper syncing features because his own android app (which he makes money from) already supports his shit implementation for syncing changes.

I wouldn't bother going with his android app either, as it has nowhere near as many features as greader and he doesn't want to implement any new features that he doesn't use. As a result, I'm ditching tt-rss.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Nion Nion 6/23/13 9:05 PM
Ha, I agree, except that he is only one man and has limited time. I always try to have more patience toward individual developers such as TT-RSS and gReader (I can't even log in to my TT-RSS server yet, still waiting for HTTPS support on custom ports with my on certificates ;)

In any case, TT-RSS is open source, so if there is an undocumented API for two-way sync it must be somewhere in the source code.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Vogel 6/23/13 10:06 PM
Hi!

Am 24.06.13 06:05, schrieb Nion Nion:

> In any case, TT-RSS is open source, so if there is an undocumented API
> for two-way sync it must be somewhere in the source code.

I'm a little bit confused. The only feature that you need is - AFAIK -
that you want to update the read status of already fetched articles,
isn't it?

Wouldn't this work with "getFeeds" and "getCategories"?

Yeah, it's a waste of bandwith to fetch title, feed url and several
other data only to get the unread messages - but shouldn't it work until
there is a better way?

I know that I said several weeks ago that I would take a look into the
code to see if I could provide a patch. By now I'm busy with other projects.

But if the above feature is the only thing that is missing in your eyes
than I will try to convince the programmer of tt-rss to implement it in
the code.

Michael
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Tom Stiefel 6/23/13 10:36 PM

Am Montag, 24. Juni 2013 06:05:31 UTC+2 schrieb Nion Nion:
Ha, I agree, except that he is only one man and has limited time. I always try to have more patience toward individual developers such as TT-RSS and gReader (I can't even log in to my TT-RSS server yet, still waiting for HTTPS support on custom ports with my on certificates ;)

I use gReader with TT-RSS since April and I was watching the development of TT-RSS and the community. For me it looks more like it's a one man show and he will make money of the Google Reader shutdown with his own app. It seems he is not really interested in supporting sync for other apps with an open API!
Anyway logging in with my certs from caCert it works with gReader 3.2.4-beta.

In any case, TT-RSS is open source, so if there is an undocumented API for two-way sync it must be somewhere in the source code.

The app of the TT-RSS developer may do a two-way sync, but it lacks of so much feature I love gReader for. The most important for me is offline support - even for whole article when I need it.
News+ is not really stable on my Nexus 4 where iI tried it. I will take a took at the new version of gReader with support for Feedly as syncing backend, because I hate their web interface ;-)
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 6/23/13 10:58 PM
The problem with 2way sync is that TT-Rss api only syncs with 200 items for each requests. Google Reader allows 10000. Before asking the developer to increase it the limit was only 50. If you want to update read status on the server it would take at least 5 requests for 1000 items. For slow connection synchronization would take very long.

gReader was designed to read your articles fast and simple and we want to keep it that way. Ppl would ask why synchronization with TT-Rss is slow and we have to answer the same question again and again.

News+ is a new app with an open extension api. Ppl can create and maintain their own service on the base of gReader user interface. The integration of services would be better. We hope to reduce the support time with it.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Nion Nion 6/23/13 11:46 PM
I take it that it means you will give up on official TT-RSS support. The plug-in approach of News+ does seem like a good idea, except that I'm not going to pay for it and then spend time developing for it.

The Feedly app isn't so bad for me anyway... ;Q
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Steven Köberich 6/24/13 1:56 AM
Infact the API is extenedable so if someone would make a greader extension we could have all api settings as we need them, it shouldn't to hard to write one with the need information...

Which means we just need a contributor and everything is good :P
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support jvro...@gmail.com 6/24/13 4:01 AM
Let me put it differently.
I love gReaderPro. It's a good app, does what I want, and I hope that News+ will be as good.
Given that News+ will be the future, what backend can I use that works with an open source aggregator that I can deploy privately on my own systems?

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support justauser 6/24/13 4:36 AM
If the issue is the 200 limit, it is easy to either change this in the source or create a plugin that adds a new API.  I can provide the code change needed to support 1000 if that is what you need.  I will look at an API extension if that can help.
Steven Köberich 6/24/13 5:06 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support justauser 6/24/13 6:23 AM
in the classes directory of ttrss there is a file called api.php.  There is this function/code:

function getHeadlines() {
  $feed_id = $this->dbh->escape_string($_REQUEST["feed_id"]);
  if ($feed_id != "") {
   $limit = (int)$this->dbh->escape_string($_REQUEST["limit"]);
   if (!$limit || $limit >= 200) $limit = 200;

I think commenting the last line above is all you need to do to remove the limit. BTW, the developer has *not* upped the limit he uses (think it is 60) for this call, so no idea what the server performance is going to be like if you make this change.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 6/24/13 7:01 AM
The dev of tt-rss said that you will get a timeout if the limit is increased to much.
I think the problem is that tt-rss uses a relational database (mysql). With increasing data it would be slower.

Could u pls test the performance.

Another problem is that the changes have to be done officially. Somebody who installs the script have to modify it each time. With each update he/she also has to do it again.

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Nicolas Morel 6/24/13 7:25 AM
@Noin Noin: Out of curiosity, did you try to analyze the strategy he used in his open source android app ? (https://github.com/gothfox/Tiny-Tiny-RSS-for-Honeycomb/)
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Steven Köberich 6/24/13 7:34 AM
Not if we use an extension the extension will not be overwritten by any update and can change/extend any part of tt-rss even the api.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards

Steven "NemesisRE" Köberich

 nemes...@gmail.com  618664735
 http://nrecom.net  nemesissre

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Dan Jones 6/24/13 8:26 AM
His app doesn't support automatic background syncing like gReader/News+. It works online all the time, until you want to go offline, and then you have to manually sync (and it often fails, in my experience).

In other words, his app isn't a good basis to figure out the syncing for News+.

Dan Jones

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Nicolas Morel 6/24/13 8:54 AM
Having a local/offline storage shouldn't change the way you fetch items. The failures on the other hand are not a good sign :)
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support justauser 6/25/13 7:06 AM

On Monday, June 24, 2013 10:01:57 AM UTC-4, Noin Nion wrote:
The dev of tt-rss said that you will get a timeout if the limit is increased to much.
I think the problem is that tt-rss uses a relational database (mysql). With increasing data it would be slower.

He does use a database and it *might* cause a timeout, but the limit can be updated in the config file for the timeout I think.
Could u pls test the performance.

Another problem is that the changes have to be done officially. Somebody who installs the script have to modify it each time. With each update he/she also has to do it again.

Yes, that is true.  As someone else said a plugin might be the best approach.  I doubt he will change the limit although he said in one thread he might, just so folks would stop asking.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Karsten 6/25/13 1:17 PM
Maybe it could be an option to make the 2-way-sync optional ?
It would be great if we could choose in the app settings if the 2-way-sync has to be switched on (with all its disadvantages, long sync times) or not.
So a lot of TT-RSS users can go on using gReader (or News+) and you don´t have to explain it (beside a FAQ entry).

In my opinion it would be too bad about the TT-RSS feature, as there is no real alternative. When Feedly turns to a premium account model, much users have to switch again, and it would be great being able to continue using gReader/News+ with TT-RSS.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Michael Vogel 6/25/13 11:47 PM
Am 24.06.13 07:58, schrieb Noin Nion:

> gReader was designed to read your articles fast and simple and we want
> to keep it that way. Ppl would ask why synchronization with TT-Rss is
> slow and we have to answer the same question again and again.
>
> News+ is a new app with an open extension api. Ppl can create and
> maintain their own service on the base of gReader user interface. The
> integration of services would be better. We hope to reduce the support
> time with it.

What really bothers me is the fact that I bought gReader Pro to support
your work and now have to use a program that shows ads ... (without any
possibility to suppress that)

The limits in the API of tt-rss aren't limits for every user. I guess
the real power user has problems with a fetch limit of 200. For me -
with only a few dozen new articles a day - this really doesn't matter.

Michael
unk...@googlegroups.com 6/28/13 2:30 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Anton Rymkus 6/28/13 2:51 AM
Same behaviour, hand sync doesn't mark readed articles!

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:15:17 PM UTC+2, fobe...@gmail.com wrote:

When the feeds are marked read in gReader Pro .beta, they are not marked as read in TT-RSS

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Tom Stiefel 6/28/13 4:55 AM

Am Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013 08:47:08 UTC+2 schrieb Michael Vogel:

What really bothers me is the fact that I bought gReader Pro to support
your work and now have to use a program that shows ads ... (without any
possibility to suppress that)

The limits in the API of tt-rss aren't limits for every user. I guess
the real power user has problems with a fetch limit of 200. For me -
with only a few dozen new articles a day - this really doesn't matter.

I have already paid for gReader Pro to support it, because it is a great app. It´s neither the fault of the developer that Google Reader shuts down nor that the API of TT RSS ist not really good! So, think about who´s to blame and what amount of money we are talking about. The price of the app is less then a pack of cigarettes and you use it every day and maybe for years.

The limit of 200 is IMHO depending on the worse api of TT RSS and not caused by gReader! Even if I have just 50 updates between two syncs it does just work one way and the unread count is not changed correct on my TT RSS installation.
The very most important thing for me is that articles I read at the webinterface is never synced to my tablet nor my phone. This was acceptable for some time in a testing phase, but it seems it will not be fixed and so I need an alternative that works!
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 6/28/13 5:00 AM
Seems that somebody use the name to post. It wasn't us

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Nion Nion 6/28/13 9:50 PM
Funny that you choose to reply to this and nothing else. And I'm not even using the same pseudonym as you.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 6/30/13 12:13 AM
Why do u use a similar name? It will confuse other users?
We always try to answer most feedbacks? DO u have any issues?
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 7/13/13 4:26 AM
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Noin Nion 7/15/13 5:52 AM
Please post any questions regarding News+ on https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/news_plus
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support mcl...@gmail.com 7/29/13 9:06 PM
Where can I download greader v3.2.4 beta?  I've upgraded to the new version but it no longer supports tt-rss and I would like to roll back to the previous version.  Unfortunately I can't find it on  http://www.greader.co/beta or https://github.com/noinnion/greader/tree/master/beta.  Thanks.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Alexandre Chanu 8/2/13 5:59 AM
From my titanium backup :
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0AF24jrEN3GR3o4RFZ5NUQ4S28/edit?usp=sharing

--
Alexandre Chanu

2013/7/30 <mcl...@gmail.com>

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support mcl...@gmail.com 8/2/13 7:59 PM
Thank you so much Alexandre.  Now I can use greader to read my tt-rss feeds again.
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Anton Rymkus 8/7/13 6:18 AM
Got same behaviour on latest beta
Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Celentano Goo 9/6/13 2:55 PM
Hello,

Why the TTRSS support has been removed on the latest beta build please ?

It was working like a charm !

Thank you

Re: Tiny Tiny RSS support Karsten 9/10/13 7:43 AM
try News+, same developer:
https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus

Install on Android device:
NewsPlus_beta.apk
TtRssExtension_beta.apk

Install on TT-RSS instance (web server):

api_newsplus: https://github.com/hrk/tt-rss-newsplus-plugin/

Still beta, but works as gReader beta before like a charm !

More topics »