Check for a placeholders existence on a page?

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Check for a placeholders existence on a page? Timmy O'Mahony 11/22/11 1:34 AM
If I have a Page with Placeholders, sometimes I will use all the placeholders, other times I won't use them all. In my template I will have HTML like so:

        {% placeholder ... %}

which means that if I don't use that particular placeholder on that page, I will still have to display all the surrounding HTML. Is there a way to conditionally check if a placeholder exists before actually trying to render it?
Re: Check for a placeholders existence on a page? Timmy O'Mahony 11/22/11 5:07 AM
I should clarify that by check if a placeholder exists I really mean if a placeholder has a valid plugin
Re: Check for a placeholders existence on a page? Martin 11/22/11 8:14 PM
Check out this thread:

Cheers,
Martin