github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support

Showing 1-18 of 18 messages
github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Johann 12/8/12 7:03 PM
I'm in the middle of a rebase to port my deltabot changes to the
latest version of Marlin. That's why my Marlin repository currently
doesn't have delta support but I hope to add it back ASAP. Sorry if
this is confusing!

Stay tuned,
Johann
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support ThantiK 12/9/12 5:12 PM
Any ETA?  I just got all 3 axis done on my delta, and cannot find the firmware anywhere.
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Erik Kastner 12/9/12 6:01 PM
I'm not sure if this has the latest delta work, but seems to be close?
https://github.com/mhatalski/Marlin

That said, Johann's patches were merged today so I'd guess the delta
stuff should be going back in soon.

Johann: can you make it a separate branch so it can keep going, but
still track Marlin_V1?

Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Johann 12/10/12 2:01 AM
On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Erik Kastner <kas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Johann: can you make it a separate branch so it can keep going, but
> still track Marlin_V1?

Done: https://github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin/commits/deltabot

It compiles with Arduino versions from 0023 to 1.0.2 but I was unable
to make my Rostock move properly. Homing to the top endstops works,
heating up and extruding plastic works, but then it wouldn't start
printing. It's probably some small issue that I can troubleshoot and
fix in the next couple days.

If you guys have time to look into it, your help is appreciated. :)
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Johann 12/11/12 2:14 AM
This should now be fixed in my deltabot branch. Please try it and let
me know how it works for you.

I now have the newest Marlin mostly working on Kossel with Brainwave,
compiled with Arduino 1.0.2 and Matthew's hardware bundle instead of
Teensyduino:
https://github.com/unrepentantgeek/brainwave-arduino

I also made another pull request to fix the endstop pins for
Printrboard in upstream Marlin:
https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin/pull/335

Thanks to Erik Kastner for testing the new Printrboard support and
finding the correct endstop pins.
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Alvaro Barcellos 12/11/12 5:55 AM
please could you link the board Brainwave hardware page ?

Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Matt Schoenholz 12/12/12 1:35 AM
I successfully pulled this down, adjusted for my printer and uploaded to my Azteeg X3 without a problem.

One thing I noticed though is the homing sequence for Marlin sends one carriage at a time up rather than all three like Repetier does. This ends up binding the carriage if the print head is at the bottom of the volume Is there anyway to adjust this? I vaguely remember something about QuickHome but could not find it in configuration.h.
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Matt Schoenholz 12/12/12 1:51 AM
oops, spoke too soon, I just tried to add the second extruder and got a series of errors. I adjusted the #define EXTRUDERS 2 in configuration_adv.h.

Are there other settings that need to be adjusted at the same time or is this a bug?
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Johann 12/12/12 9:01 PM
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Matt Schoenholz
<matt.sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing I noticed though is the homing sequence for Marlin sends one
> carriage at a time up rather than all three like Repetier does. This ends up
> binding the carriage if the print head is at the bottom of the volume Is
> there anyway to adjust this? I vaguely remember something about QuickHome
> but could not find it in configuration.h.

Configuration_adv.h: #define QUICK_HOME

Not sure why this is removed or commented out in your case.
Did you copy an older version over the file from my github?
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Johann 12/12/12 9:02 PM
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Matt Schoenholz
<matt.sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> oops, spoke too soon, I just tried to add the second extruder and got a
> series of errors. I adjusted the #define EXTRUDERS 2 in configuration_adv.h.

Sounds like a bug. Can you copy&paste some of the errors, or attach a
full copy of the compiler output?
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Matt Schoenholz 12/12/12 9:24 PM
temperature.cpp:920:1: error: pasting "DIO" and "-" does not give a valid preprocessing token
temperature.cpp:920:1: error: invalid suffix "_RPORT" on integer constant
temperature.cpp:920:1: error: pasting "DIO" and "-" does not give a valid preprocessing token
temperature.cpp:920:1: error: invalid suffix "_WPORT" on integer constant
temperature.cpp:920:1: error: pasting "DIO" and "-" does not give a valid preprocessing token
temperature.cpp:920:1: error: invalid suffix "_PIN" on integer constant
[...]
temperature.cpp:933:1: error: pasting "DIO" and "-" does not give a valid preprocessing token
temperature.cpp:933:1: error: invalid suffix "_RPORT" on integer constant
temperature.cpp:933:1: error: pasting "DIO" and "-" does not give a valid preprocessing token
temperature.cpp:933:1: error: invalid suffix "_WPORT" on integer constant
temperature.cpp:933:1: error: pasting "DIO" and "-" does not give a valid preprocessing token
temperature.cpp:933:1: error: invalid suffix "_PIN" on integer constant
[...]
temperature.cpp: In function 'void __vector_22()':
temperature.cpp:920: error: 'DIO' was not declared in this scope
temperature.cpp:933: error: 'DIO' was not declared in this scope
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Matt Schoenholz 12/12/12 9:26 PM
I pulled down the latest and checked and it IS in the file but does not seem to be behaving correctly.

do i need to set QUICK_HOME to true? or is the fact that it is defined as a variable in the first place enough to get it working?
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Johann 12/12/12 9:59 PM

This looks like your 2nd extruder needs pins.h updated because it's trying to use -1 instead of a real pin number.

Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Johann 12/12/12 10:03 PM

Sounds like you are accidentally compiling from a different directory or you failed to actually upload the new firmware to your board. The updated deltabot branch on my github works okay for me.

Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Matt Schoenholz 12/12/12 11:17 PM
homing still is not working but I got it to compile with dual extruders specified. Thanks for the tip on updating pins.h.
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Anderson Ta 12/13/12 7:25 AM
Just gave the latest Marlin a go, looks all good on my end with Melzi as the brains. A proper bed and I should be good to go!

On Saturday, December 8, 2012 10:03:44 PM UTC-5, Johann wrote:
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Johann 12/13/12 3:13 PM
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Alvaro Barcellos
<barcello...@gmail.com> wrote:
> please could you link the board Brainwave hardware page ?

Sorry, it doesn't have a hardware documentation page yet. Here are
some pictures:
http://flickr.com/photos/metrixcreate/8011513184

According to the #reprap IRC channel, Brainwave is a 80mmx60mm reprap
controller board for X,Y,Z,E systems with 1/32 microstepping. It is a
value board designed by unrepentantgeek, manufactured at Metrix
Create:Space in Seattle.

Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.
Re: github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin currently doesn't have delta support Alvaro Barcellos 12/27/12 8:47 AM
thanks!