Wargame of the Year 2012 - results

Showing 1-13 of 13 messages
Wargame of the Year 2012 - results eddys...@hotmail.com 1/17/13 1:13 AM
Hi,

It took me a while to get around to it, but here's the result of War-
Historical's Wargame of the Year 2012 election :

# 1 - Steam and Iron - 61 points

The Silver and Bronze go to :

# 2 - Command Ops : Highway to the Reich - 18 points
# 3 - Achtung Panzer - Operation Star - 11 points
# 3 - Unity of Command - Red Turn - 11 points

Congrats to the winners, they will get a mail / forum post from me
with the unique badge designed by Daniel Lamb.

The rest of the Top 10

# 5 - Crusader Kings 2 - 9 points
# 5 - Commander : The Great War - 9 points
# 7 - Battle Academy (iPad) - 8 points
# 7 - Conflict of Heroes - 8 points
# 9 - Decisive Campaigns - Case Blue - 7 points
# 10 - Scourge of War - Chancellorsville - 6 points

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Re: Wargame of the Year 2012 - results herm...@hotmail.com 1/17/13 3:46 AM
Where's the usual accompanying byzantine anti-fraud device to protect the voting process? ;-)
Re: Wargame of the Year 2012 - results Giftzwerg 1/17/13 3:50 AM
In article <216a7523-5b52-4e49-a095-d8a5ded835f3
@r3g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>, eddys...@hotmail.com says...

> It took me a while to get around to it, but here's the result of War-
> Historical's Wargame of the Year 2012 election :
>
> # 1 - Steam and Iron - 61 points
>
> The Silver and Bronze go to :
>
> # 2 - Command Ops : Highway to the Reich - 18 points
> # 3 - Achtung Panzer - Operation Star - 11 points
> # 3 - Unity of Command - Red Turn - 11 points

It speaks volumes about 2012 that second place went to a modernization
of a half-decade old title, and one of the bronze medalists was a
scenario pack for an existing game.

Still, congratulations to Fredrik Wallin and NWS.  Well done!

--
Giftzwerg
***
On 17 jan, 12:46, herman...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Where's the usual accompanying byzantine anti-fraud device to protect the voting process? ;-)

The voting has always been "in the open" so never needed anti-fraud
measures because everyone can make the same tally I did this morning
and come to the same conclusion.

What existed in previous years was a fraud-proof way to raffle a free
game among the participants.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Re: Wargame of the Year 2012 - results eddys...@hotmail.com 1/17/13 4:10 AM
On 17 jan, 12:50, Giftzwerg <giftzwerg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Still, congratulations to Fredrik Wallin and NWS.  Well done!

Yup - a clear winner and with the biggest (percentage) win margin
since we started doing this back in 2004 - it got points from every
voter but 5.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Re: Wargame of the Year 2012 - results kev0...@gmail.com 1/17/13 8:56 AM
Congrats to developer and winning poster.

Eddy do you have a handy list of all csipgwh Gold winners down the years?
Re: Wargame of the Year 2012 - results eddys...@hotmail.com 1/17/13 9:11 AM
On 17 jan, 17:56, kev009...@gmail.com wrote:

> Eddy do you have a handy list of all csipgwh Gold winners down the years?

2004 : War in the Pacific
2005 : Crown of Glory
2006 : Conquest of the Aegean
2007 : AGEod's American Civil War
2008 : Panzer Command : Kharkov
2009 : Warship Combat : Navies at War
2010 : Battles from the Bulge
2011 : Panzer Corps
2012 : Steam and Iron

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Re: Wargame of the Year 2012 - results kev0...@gmail.com 1/17/13 9:30 AM
Thanks.  Some good games there alright!
Re: Wargame of the Year 2012 - results herm...@hotmail.com 1/17/13 2:40 PM
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:04:23 AM UTC-7, eddys...@hotmail.com wrote:

> measures because everyone can make the same tally I did this morning
>
> and come to the same conclusion.

At least voter participation for this award is in the double-digits, unlike some other awards out there.
unk...@googlegroups.com 1/18/13 8:07 AM <This message has been deleted.>
unk...@googlegroups.com 1/18/13 9:52 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Wargame of the Year 2012 - results Warship NWS 1/18/13 9:52 AM
Thanks for the votes everyone, much appreciated. We have a lot of plans in the works for the SAI engine.

Take care everyone.

Thanks.
Christopher Dean
Naval Warfare Simulations
Director of Operations
Re: Wargame of the Year 2012 - results Giftzwerg 1/18/13 2:00 PM
In article <30df0442-94a6-4454-927f-e23593e8d58f@googlegroups.com>,
Wars...@yahoo.com says...

> Thanks for the votes everyone, much appreciated. We have a lot of plans in the works for the SAI engine.

Sold.