Need volunteers for GNU/Linux installation at Hutatma Rajguru School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR)

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
Need volunteers for GNU/Linux installation at Hutatma Rajguru School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR) Praveen|പ്രവീണ്‍ 9/15/12 10:47 PM
Hi,

We are planning to teach Free Software to students of Hutatma Rajguru
School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR). They have agreed to let us
install GNU/Linux on their lab systems. We are going to install
GNU/Linux on 29th September. We'll also be teaching them Free Software
every Saturday. if you would like to help us during installation or
for teaching part reply here or contact me or shirish off list.

More details about this project is at
http://wiki.pirateparty.org.in/index.php?title=Pirate_Computing_Center
This is inspired by Community Computing Center run by Free Software
Movement Karnataka (http://bangalore.aidindia.org/ac3) in Bangalore
and initiated by Pirate Party of India (http://pirateparty.org.in).

Cheers
Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
Re: [CoFSUG] Need volunteers for GNU/Linux installation at Hutatma Rajguru School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR) Chitra Watwani 9/16/12 2:29 AM

Re: [CoFSUG] Need volunteers for GNU/Linux installation at Hutatma Rajguru School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR) LOKESH WALASE( patil ) 9/16/12 2:34 AM
I m in , for both , installation as well as any teaching stuff.

Do inform of further actions.

Regards,
Lokesh Walase( Final Year BTech, Comp Engg, College of Engineering , Pune )
Re: [CoFSUG] Need volunteers for GNU/Linux installation at Hutatma Rajguru School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR) Praveen|പ്രവീണ്‍ 9/16/12 4:38 AM
2012/9/16 lokesh walase <loke...@gmail.com>:
> I m in , for both , installation as well as any teaching stuff.
>
> Do inform of further actions.
>
> Regards,
> Lokesh Walase( Final Year BTech, Comp Engg, College of Engineering , Pune )
>

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:59 PM, chitra watwani <watwan...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to help during installation.

Thanks Chitra and Lokesh. We'll have to go to school on 29th. We can
meet once before to plan details. I'll connect you both with the team
offlist.
Re: [CoFSUG] Need volunteers for GNU/Linux installation at Hutatma Rajguru School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR) SIDDHARTH WAIKAR 9/17/12 2:27 AM
Hey Praveen I am also interested to participate.
please let me know the timing when we can meet.

2012/9/16 Praveen A <pra...@gmail.com>

सिद्धार्थ अ. वाईकर.

"लाभले आम्हांस भाग्य बोलतो मराठी, जाहलो धन्य ऐकतो मराठी!
धर्म,पंथ,जात एक जाणतो मराठी, एवढ्या जगात माय मानतो मराठी!!"

Re: [CoFSUG] Need volunteers for GNU/Linux installation at Hutatma Rajguru School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR) Praveen|പ്രവീണ്‍ 9/17/12 2:55 AM
2012/9/17 सिद्धार्थ वाईकर <siddhart...@gmail.com>:

> Hey Praveen I am also interested to participate.
> please let me know the timing when we can meet.

Thanks Sidharth. We'll share more info offlist. I'll also post details
of next meeting here so others can also join.

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍

Re: [CoFSUG] Need volunteers for GNU/Linux installation at Hutatma Rajguru School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR) SIDDHARTH WAIKAR 9/17/12 3:39 AM
Hello ,

I Siddharth Waikar working with Red Hat software as support engineer.
I will prefer weekend/evening  and place would be main city area.

2012/9/17 Praveen A <pra...@gmail.com>

Re: Need volunteers for GNU/Linux installation at Hutatma Rajguru School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR) sagar gaikwad 9/20/12 10:49 AM
Hi..! My name is Sagar Gaikwad. I am currently studying in TYBTech(Comp) in COEP. I would like to conduct a lecture on this event. Also eager to help during installations.
Re: [CoFSUG] Re: Need volunteers for GNU/Linux installation at Hutatma Rajguru School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR) Praveen|പ്രവീണ്‍ 9/22/12 12:03 AM
2012/9/20 sagar gaikwad <nuclea...@gmail.com>:
> Hi..! My name is Sagar Gaikwad. I am currently studying in TYBTech(Comp) in
> COEP. I would like to conduct a lecture on this event. Also eager to help
> during installations.

Hi Sagar,

It was nice meeting you yesterday! I'll connect you with the rest of the team.

Cheers
Praveen
Re: Need volunteers for GNU/Linux installation at Hutatma Rajguru School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR) Praveen|പ്രവീണ്‍ 10/12/12 12:38 AM
2012/9/16 Praveen A <pra...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to teach Free Software to students of Hutatma Rajguru
> School in Pandav Nagar (near SICSR). They have agreed to let us
> install GNU/Linux on their lab systems. We are going to install
> GNU/Linux on 29th September. We'll also be teaching them Free Software
> every Saturday. if you would like to help us during installation or
> for teaching part reply here or contact me or shirish off list.
>
> More details about this project is at
> http://wiki.pirateparty.org.in/index.php?title=Pirate_Computing_Center
> This is inspired by Community Computing Center run by Free Software
> Movement Karnataka (http://bangalore.aidindia.org/ac3) in Bangalore
> and initiated by Pirate Party of India (http://pirateparty.org.in).

Just an update about the current status. We have started teaching at
Hutatma Rajaguru school from last Saturday. You can read two blog
posts about it,

fiist by shirish http://wp.me/sfuZu-sharings and second by me
http://www.j4v4m4n.in/2012/10/08/collecting-people-some-thoughts-and-ideas/

The current plan is detailed at
http://wiki.pirateparty.org.in/wiki/Pirate_Computing_Center/Books/Computing_Basics
you can contribute your ideas there.

All follow up discussions about this inititive will happen on
Education Working group of Pirate Party of India
http://lists.pirateparty.org.in/listinfo.cgi/edu-wg-pirateparty.org.in
If you'd like to participate or want to keep updated about our
progress please join there.

We'll be going to the school every Saturday at 10.30am. So feel free
to join us any of the saturdays you have some free time.