Is SpellCheck available for CodeMirror 2.1

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Is SpellCheck available for CodeMirror 2.1 JoshN 6/20/11 3:33 PM
Greetings,

Perhaps I've missed something, but I cannot figure out where I set
spellcheck options (if possible) for CodeMirror 2.1.

Any help appreciated,
Josh
Re: [CodeMirror] Is SpellCheck available for CodeMirror 2.1 Marijn Haverbeke 6/20/11 7:08 PM
Hi Josh,

There is no spell-check support for CodeMirror 2. It doesn't display
the code in a native editable component, so if we want to do
spell-checking, we'll have to implement it ourselves.

Best,
Marijn

Re: Is SpellCheck available for CodeMirror 2.1 JoshN 6/26/11 11:29 PM
Hello Marijn,

I started looking into this a bit. I noticed Chrome has an API to it's
spellchecker, but I don't see anything similar in IceWeasel/FireFox,
Safari, or IE.  If those don't exist then spell-check would require a
separate, locale specific, data file to be loaded by the server. There
is BJSpell (http://goo.gl/nlkgz), but it looks stagnant and rather
thin.

Do you have an opinion/experience related to whether it's worthwhile
to sniff for spell-checking plugins (like Google ToolBar and
ieSpell)?

I'd be happy to help put something together, though I lack your
amazing knowledge of the textarea. I wouldn't mind writing data
wrappers and the like if it seems worthwhile.

I'm loving the 2.x version BTW.

Best,
Josh
Re: [CodeMirror] Re: Is SpellCheck available for CodeMirror 2.1 Marijn Haverbeke 6/27/11 3:22 AM
Sounds like this might be a good thing to write a plug-in for. Seems
too awkward and involved to put in the core library (also, most people
are happy not to have a spell-checker ugly up their code, it's only
applicable for HTML/TeX and such, maybe for string content in other
languages).

If you want to work on this, that'd be great. Feel free to ask for
help or API extensions when you get stuck.

Cheers,
Marijn