spdy url - example?

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
spdy url - example? wayne 11/15/09 3:56 AM
Hi

I'm having a discussion about spdy - the way i see it is:

it sits atop the existing infrastructure - clients capable of working
with speedy send a request with headers signifying this, the response
is a spdy response - otherwise it's standard.

the url's don't need to change - the browser notifies the server with
appropriate headers that it can deal with spdy.

is this right?

the argument i'm getting is that - potentially we're going to need to
have sites like: spdy://google.com

is that correct?

w://
Re: spdy url - example? mbe...@chromium.org 11/16/09 12:18 PM
On Nov 15, 3:56 am, wayne <codingvi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm having a discussion about spdy - the way i see it is:
>
> it sits atop the existing infrastructure - clients capable of working
> with speedy send a request with headers signifying this, the response
> is a spdy response - otherwise it's standard.
>
> the url's don't need to change - the browser notifies the server with
> appropriate headers that it can deal with spdy.
>
> is this right?

Right

> the argument i'm getting is that - potentially we're going to need to
> have sites like: spdy://google.com

yes, we don't want to introduce any visibility to end users, so we're
not planning on a visible protocol scheme.  It would still be http and
https.

Mike