URLencoding works for all characters except / and \

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
URLencoding works for all characters except / and \ Sam 10/23/12 12:48 AM
Dear cakephp experts,

While passing parameters through URL, there are cases when the parameters contain funny characters like %$#. This problem is solved when I encode the URL. However, for some reason, characters such as backslash / and forward-slash \ simply do not work on cakephp. All other characters work after encoding the URL.

I have already spent significant amount of time on this problem. Can someone advise?

Thank you very much.
Re: URLencoding works for all characters except / and \ euromark 10/23/12 1:01 AM
you can either write your own escaping function who takes care of those characters, or better, use base64encode to pass those special character strings via $_GET
but there you also need to tweak it a little bit,
see the CakeDC search plugin for details where I fixed the method to safely encode the / and = chars:

you will then need to decode it again in the view: