Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Glacier alanp 8/22/12 5:21 AM
Hi Mitch

Do you have anything to say regarding Boto support for Glacier?

Re: [boto-users] Glacier Mitchell Garnaat 8/22/12 5:39 AM
Hi Alan -

Support for glacier is definitely on the backlog list.  I'm not sure when we will get to it but I've already seen quite a bit of interest so I'm trying to figure out a way to get it done soon.

Is it something you would be interested in using?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "boto-users" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at

Re: [boto-users] Glacier Jeff Bauer 8/22/12 6:13 AM

I think we're likely to see more interest in Glacier than route53.
Though I want to see the slick53 pull request someday accepted
too.  ;-)

More seriously, if basic Glacier support were part of boto
I think we'd see some interesting boto-based archival tools
emerge soon.

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.
RE: [boto-users] Glacier alanp 8/22/12 6:18 AM

Glacier would certainly have some uses for us - it would be nice to get a look at an API (I'm too lazy^H^H^H^Hbusy to dig into the REST documentation at the moment ;^).

Re: [boto-users] Glacier Mitchell Garnaat 8/22/12 8:23 AM
If anyone is particularly motivated and wants to contribute to a glacier module for boto, let me know.   I've made a start at one and I'll take as far as I can in the time I have today but there will be lots more work needed to get it complete.