Cardamation

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
Cardamation William Donzelli 1/28/12 7:09 AM
There is a bit of a buzz that Cardamation, the "last" place that dealt
with punch cards, has finally closed up shop.

While I do not expect any listmembers to still be using cards, I am
wondering if anyone here has a way to contact whatever remains of the
company, or its leader, Mr. Robert Swartz.

Please contact me if you have any sort of leads - I would like to see
that any old equipment and documentation gets looked over before it is
trashed.

--
Will

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN
Re: Cardamation Charles Mills 1/28/12 7:49 AM
The Google sez http://www.techexpo.com/firms/cardamtn.html . That page has a
contact button for "Bob" on the main page. It indicates they are part of a
larger organization, TechExpo. No indication on the Web site that they are
shutting down.

Charles

There is a bit of a buzz that Cardamation, the "last" place that dealt with
punch cards, has finally closed up shop.

While I do not expect any listmembers to still be using cards, I am
wondering if anyone here has a way to contact whatever remains of the
company, or its leader, Mr. Robert Swartz.

Please contact me if you have any sort of leads - I would like to see that
any old equipment and documentation gets looked over before it is trashed.

Re: Cardamation zMan 1/28/12 7:49 AM
well...610-935-9700 and 800-848-1718 seem worth a try. Or postal mail
to 1041 W Bridge St, Phoenixville, PA 19460
--
zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"
Re: Cardamation zMan 1/28/12 8:05 AM

Domain doesn't expire until 2015, so that's a bad sign. Domain contact
info shows:

      Nagle, Bill                cardamation@yahoo.com
      Cardamation
      PO Box 329
      Phoenixville, PA 19460
      US
      (610) 935-9700 fax: (610) 935-7340
--
zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"

Re: Cardamation Charles Mills 1/28/12 8:48 AM
Are you saying that the fact that they do not have a Web presence means that
e-mail will not be delivered?

I was wrong about "part of a larger organization." TechExpo is a portal
site.

Charles

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Charles Mills <char...@mcn.org> wrote:
> The Google sez http://www.techexpo.com/firms/cardamtn.html . That page
> has a contact button for "Bob" on the main page. It indicates they are
> part of a larger organization, TechExpo. No indication on the Web site
> that they are shutting down.

Re: Cardamation William Donzelli 1/28/12 9:01 AM
> well...610-935-9700 and 800-848-1718 seem worth a try. Or postal mail
> to 1041 W Bridge St, Phoenixville, PA 19460

Another computer historian said the line was disconnected (as well as
a dead website) - but maybe I should try on Monday.
Re: Cardamation Mike Schwab 1/28/12 9:56 AM
Has anyone notified Sparkler Filters, Conroe, TX?
http://ibm-1401.info/402.html

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA
Re: Cardamation Andy Wood 1/28/12 11:42 AM
On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:52:57 -0500, William Donzelli <wdon...@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

>> well...610-935-9700 and 800-848-1718 seem worth a try. Or postal mail
>> to 1041 W Bridge St, Phoenixville, PA 19460
>
>Another computer historian said the line was disconnected (as well as
>a dead website) - but maybe I should try on Monday.
>
>--
>Will

Unfortunately, he died last month:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/philly/obituary.aspx?n=robert-g-swartz&pid=155113064
Re: Cardamation zMan 1/28/12 12:01 PM
On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Andy Wood <woo...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> Unfortunately, he died last month:
>
> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/philly/obituary.aspx?n=robert-g-swartz&pid=155113064

That'll do it...sigh.
--
zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"

Re: Cardamation William Donzelli 2/7/12 5:54 PM
To follow up - yes, Cardamation has shut down. The Computer History
Museum and I are working on saving interested bits that remain.

Nope, no more IBM machines there...well, maybe an 029.

--
Will