Prsentation feedback requested: BDD and replatforming a system

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Prsentation feedback requested: BDD and replatforming a system Mik Quinlan 4/17/13 8:42 AM
Hi!

I can't believe I didn't know about this group given the amount of BDD I've been doing the last two years.

Luckily, that nice chap Dan North put me onto this group.  I hear you're a nice bunch. ;-)

I am giving a presentation at the Los Angeles Java User Group tomorrow night about how we applied BDD when replatforming our Inventory system - see attached.

I know it's short notice, but if anybody has any feedback, I'd welcome it.

Maybe somebody who can't make the presentation would find it useful regardless.

Looking forward to getting more involved with the group.

Mik
Re: [BehaviourDrivenDevelopment] Prsentation feedback requested: BDD and replatforming a system mani 4/17/13 4:47 PM
Hi Mik,

Fantastic work, and thanks for sharing the presentation with us. I'm always looking for examples and you have presented some of the examples that I resonate with me, as I would be working in these areas soon - so its a good start for me to see them from the BDD perspective. Test-first before coding or implementing anything is the "mantra" of this era for me!

Thanks again.

Regards,
mani

Mik

Twitter: @theNeomatrix369
JUG activity: LJC Advocate (@adoptopenjdk & @adoptajsr programs)
Devoxx UK 2013 was a grand success: http://www.devoxx.com/display/UK13/Home
Don't chase success, rather aim for "Excellence", and success will come chasing after you!
Re: [BehaviourDrivenDevelopment] Prsentation feedback requested: BDD and replatforming a system Aslak Hellesøy 4/17/13 5:07 PM
Great presentation, and glad to hear Cucumber-JVM is working out for you. We know it's not perfect and are constantly working to improve it. Recently the team has grown to a dozen or so active developers. Keep feature requests and bug fixes coming!

Aslak

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Mik Quinlan <mik.q...@gmail.com> wrote:

Mik

Re: [BehaviourDrivenDevelopment] Prsentation feedback requested: BDD and replatforming a system Mik Quinlan 4/18/13 2:17 PM
Thanks, Mani! I was hoping this would help at least one person out.  There are 51 engineers attending the presentation this evening (Basho are also there so I don't think it's all for this talk :-) ) so I'm hoping to help some others out too.

Feel free to DM me if you need any further clarification or help.
Re: [BehaviourDrivenDevelopment] Prsentation feedback requested: BDD and replatforming a system Mik Quinlan 4/18/13 2:19 PM
Aslak, thank YOU for spear heading the Cucumber development.  Especially helping us get our patch in that my colleague Petter Mahlen wrote. We were a bit stuck wanting to use Sonar until that patch came in.

Trust we'll be sending more feature requests. :-)
Re: Prsentation feedback requested: BDD and replatforming a system Mik Quinlan 4/20/13 11:46 AM
The recording of the presentation is here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/31648457

There's also presentations from Basho (Riak) that were part of the same evening. :-)
Re: [BehaviourDrivenDevelopment] Re: Prsentation feedback requested: BDD and replatforming a system Nigel 4/22/13 3:45 PM
Great job. Thanks for sharing.

---
"Man, I'm going to have so many chickens when this lot hatch!"