Boost C++ Library

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Boost C++ Library EricS 4/21/10 5:06 AM
Has anyone gotten boost to compile using the SDK with stl, exceptions,
rtti turned on?  When I attempt to compile the Threads, it says this
is not support on your platform.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Eric

Re: Boost C++ Library Bryan Ashby 4/21/10 7:35 AM
Nor exceptions or RTTI are supported by the NDK. I do believe someone
has a modified NDK/STLPort with such features though -- search around
here I'm sure it will turn up. As far as Boost in general, I'm
currently using many header-only libraries alongside STLPort under the
NDK with no issues.

Bryan

On Apr 21, 6:06 am, EricS <e...@encstpeters.net> wrote:
> Has anyone gotten boost to compile using the SDK with stl, exceptions,
> rtti turned on?  When I attempt to compile the Threads, it says this
> is not support on your platform.

Re: Boost C++ Library Johndoe 4/21/10 7:42 AM
I used this one (had no problems yet):

http://www.crystax.net/android/ndk-r3.php
Re: Boost C++ Library Mike v 4/21/10 4:42 PM
we've also used it. Other than stl and c++ exceptions (though we dont
use them) it comes tr1 which has a few new tricks (e.g. bind). All
works!
http://www.crystax.net/android/ndk-r3.php
Re: Boost C++ Library EricS 4/22/10 4:55 AM
Thanks for all of the responses.  I am using crystax.net
implementation of the ndk with exception, rtti, stl support.  It works
fine.  We were able to get POCO to compile on the android.

My issue is that we have a library that is depended on Boost threads.
I can not seem to get Boost Threads to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to compile boost threads on
the Android?

Thanks

Eric

On Apr 21, 6:42 pm, Mike v <mike.vasilj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> we've also used it. Other than stl and c++ exceptions (though we dont
> use them) it comes tr1 which has a few new tricks (e.g. bind). All
> works!http://www.crystax.net/android/ndk-r3.php
Re: Boost C++ Library Dmitry Moskalchuk 6/1/10 1:17 AM