Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API

Showing 1-31 of 31 messages
Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 5/6/12 9:48 AM
Hello everybody,

I am Andrea, from AppAware for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appaware).

At AppAware we built a public API based on the android-market-api library, and released it as a free service so that other developers can quickly access to Google Play apps' details.

You can find the AppAware API information here:

At the following link some info on how to get an app details:

(Soon we will also release a search API, in the meantime you can even access to our top-app-lists: http://dev.appaware.com/1/doc/api/app/top.php)

Please let us know what you think about the service! :)

Best,

Andrea

Re: [android-market-api] Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API strazzere 5/6/12 12:45 PM
Interesting, though I find the TOS a bit curious;

<<
You also acknowledge that as between you and AppAware, AppAware owns all right, title and interest in and to the AppAware API, AppAware Marks, and the AppAware service (and any derivative works or enhancements thereof), including but not limited to all intellectual property rights therein.

So, wrap the Android-Market-API, make it RESTFUL, slap a TOS on it - own everyones IP that comes from using it?

I won't be using it, but I hope people read the TOS closely -- "free" always has a (usually high) price.

-Tim Strazzere

Re: [android-market-api] Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 5/6/12 2:30 PM
Hi Tim,

thank you very much for your feedback!

Clearly we do not own the IP of the things we use for external resources, this is not what our ToS means.

With our API we provide access to:
  • our own data, like top-apps-lists (these lists are based on proprietary algorithms, "IP rights therein" refers exactly to our algorithms that we use for top-apps computation in the AppAware services and API)
  • and part of the data of our users (if they decide to authorize the access by a third-party developer)
I partially see your point, and I think this is exactly the place to discuss this topic, and improve on our side. Of course we acknowledge all the IP rights to the respective owners, so if you have suggestions on how to change our ToS to be more clear, please propose something and we will implement it! :)

Thank you very much Tim for the help.

Best,

Andrea
Re: [android-market-api] Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API liucuan hesh 5/6/12 7:06 PM
With  your api,can I get all the apps's infomation  on the andriod market.

I mean  if  I don't have a list of  package name , can I get all the  app information?
Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API Goddchen 5/7/12 7:57 AM
Hey Andrea,
is there any possibility that you will populate the "version_code" in addition to the "version_string" (called "version" in your API)?
That's the only thing that keeps me from using your api...

Goddchen
Re: [android-market-api] Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 5/8/12 7:33 AM
Hi liucuan,

if you do not have a list of package names, you can use our TOP-APPS lists ( http://dev.appaware.com/1/doc/api/app/top.php ) or use the just released SEARCH API:

http://dev.appaware.com/1/doc/api/app/search.php

Let me know if this is what you are looking for... :)

Best,

Andrea

On Monday, May 7, 2012 4:06:18 AM UTC+2, liucuan hesh wrote:
With  your api,can I get all the apps's infomation  on the andriod market.

I mean  if  I don't have a list of  package name , can I get all the  app information?
Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 5/8/12 10:12 AM
Hi Goddchen,

we just added it... :)

Andrea

PS: we also released the SEARCH functionality on our API...
Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API bvl 5/11/12 10:46 AM
Hi Andrea,

You got me interested so I took your API for a test. Overall I like it
very much so far.

--- Some questions:

1. Does AppAware cover ALL currently listed apps in Google Play?

2. Will the returned results differ based on the country from which
the request originates?

3. Are there any API usage limits or will there be any in the short
term?

4. Is it your intention to offer the API as a free service to
developers or do you have plans to commercialize its usage somewhere
in the future?

--- A few suggestions I would like to make:

1. the "Application Details" request will always return the full
details. To save some bandwidth and speed things up a bit I would like
to suggest an optional fields (f) parameter which would allow a (comma
delimited) set of fields to be included in the response.

2. bulk-request: in situations were we want the details of a list of
packages it would be great if we could submit them in one request.
This would also speed things up a lot in such situations because we
would need a lot less connections.

3. when an error occurs then the API will return a status_code with a
value of 400 or 404. I would like to suggest to also add the status
code (e.g. with a value of 200) to regular responses. This would make
evaluation of the (type of) response a bit easier/cleaner.

4. It would be great if you could offer a developers forum for
registered developers to discuss such things as above.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Benny

P.S. most of the above points I already mailed to your feedback email
address, but I think your answers will probably be also of interest to
others.
Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API Varun B 5/21/12 10:24 PM
Hi Andrea,

I'm trying to setup a website that shows a list of Apps that me and my
friends have chosen. We have the pname for the apps, but we simply
want to pull out the App info like rating, price etc and display it on
our website.

This seems like the tool to do it, but how? Where do I get a
CLIENT_TOKEN?

And is this free? Seems like you guys have put in a lot of work in to
it.

Thanks,
Varun
Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 5/22/12 12:45 AM
Hi Varun,

interesting idea, something similar as we do here at AppAware... Did you already tried it? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appaware

Anyway, to get a token you just need to register here: http://dev.appaware.com/register.php (it will be sent to you by email)

Looking forward to see your app! :)

Best,

Andrea

PS: yes it is free
Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API Varun B 5/22/12 3:02 AM
Hi Andrea

Actually we don't have an App as yet. We are simply looking for a way
to display Apps with some key attricutes (like rating , thumbnail etc)
on a webpage.
Basically we need an output like http://dev.appaware.com/1/doc/api/app/show.php
so that we can mine the images and other attributes etc.

I guess its similar to what is being done on the App Aware website.

So how do we user your service if we dont have an app?

Thanks for your quick reply

Varun

On May 22, 12:45 pm, agirardello <andrea.girarde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Varun,
>
> interesting idea, something similar as we do here at AppAware... Did you
> already tried it?https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appaware
>
> Anyway, to get a token you just need to register
> here:http://dev.appaware.com/register.php(it will be sent to you by email)
Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 5/24/12 3:07 AM
Hi Varun,

you do not need an app, just register here http://dev.appaware.com/register.php and get your own token to call the API. :)

Best,

Andrea
Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API Andi SPunkt 9/18/12 11:34 PM
Could you please also give the price of a app in € EUR?
Re: [android-market-api] Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 9/20/12 9:39 AM
Hi Andreas,

thanks for the feedback. Actually we are thinking about that, but to support every currency it will be quite complicated, especially because prices of apps might be adapted by the developers, thus we cannot simply convert.

Do you have any suggestion on this topic?

Best,

Andrea

unk...@googlegroups.com 10/1/12 11:07 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API Mamta Patel 10/1/12 11:08 PM
Hi AppAware Team,

We're using your API for searching  Android Applications from Google Play. It's working perfectly until we have searched applications like "QuickCV" and "Shifting Letters". They're on the Google Play but right now your API is unable to search them. We're facing troubles due to this specific issue. Do you have any solution to come up from?

Hope to listening from you ASAP.

thanks,
Mamta
Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API Shruti Gopinath 10/8/12 8:08 AM
Hi Andrea,

I am working on creating a search page for Android apps using the url http://dev.appaware.com/1/app/search.json

Referring to the Appware website here http://dev.appaware.com/1/doc/api/app/show.php

I notice that the number of apps returned for the example mentioned on the website for my Client Token varies.

http://dev.appaware.com/1/app/search.json?q=Google&client_token=YOUR_CLIENT_TOKEN

I tried more common apps for testing this and here is what I see

'google play'       totalApps = 354

'facebook'         totalApps = 337

'angry birds'      totalApps = 138

On further analysis, I notice that the use of the "num" field the changes the results.

Without "num

http://dev.appaware.com/1/app/search.json?q=google+play&client_token=YOUR_CLIENT_TOKEN&page=N

totalApps = 81

With "num"

http://dev.appaware.com/1/app/search.json?q=google+play&client_token=YOUR_CLIENT_TOKEN&num=100&page=N

totalApps = 354 (Note: N is the page number)

Again, the total apps returned is nowhere close to what Google Play would return.

Please help. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,

Shruti

Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API Ning Chen 11/2/12 5:14 AM
Hey Andrea,

Is there any method that I can get the appid from the package name? Thanks~

在 2012年5月7日星期一UTC+8上午12时48分06秒,agirardello写道:
Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API abo haneen 11/3/12 2:57 PM
 please can you explain how to get all arabic applications ??

thanks
Re: [android-market-api] Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API strazzere 11/6/12 1:24 PM
Use an arabic locale/language setting.

-Tim Strazzere

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM, abo haneen <abada...@gmail.com> wrote:
 please can you explain how to get all arabic applications ??

thanks

Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API abo haneen 11/6/12 1:28 PM
thanks Tim for your reply

but can you explain more

like url example

thanks
Re: [android-market-api] Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API strazzere 11/6/12 1:35 PM
There isn't much else to explain.

Set the code up, set up your "context' (arabic) and use it as a crawler. This _isn't_ an out of the box solution. You will need to write code and figure some things out.

Search this group, as many people have asked similar things and have got the code to work, to do such things.

-Tim Strazzere

Re: [android-market-api] Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API abo haneen 11/6/12 1:41 PM
iam really tried it but i cant get all apps

any way

i have another problem

i can get app details by appaware api

but when using search api i can`t found this app

app example

any solution ?
Re: [android-market-api] Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API strazzere 11/6/12 1:44 PM
Your context isn't valid then. Create a new account, get a valid androidId (from that context you want) - and it will work.

-Tim Strazzere

Re: [android-market-api] Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API abo haneen 11/6/12 1:49 PM
 Your context isn't valid then

you maybe allright but i noticed the result (context is one char  like a ) then have 'a' first character ??

am i right ??
Re: [android-market-api] Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API strazzere 11/6/12 2:03 PM
I have no idea what your even saying. Though I'm just going to guess your context is wrong.
-Tim Strazzere

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM, abo haneen <abada...@gmail.com> wrote:
 Your context isn't valid then

you maybe allright but i noticed the result (context is one char  like a ) then have 'a' first character ??

am i right ??

Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 11/7/12 2:04 AM
Hi Andreas,

at present we do not support that yet, sorry. And converting based on the daily exchange rate will not be precise as developers could set specific prices for each country.

Best,

Andrea

On Sunday, May 6, 2012 6:48:06 PM UTC+2, agirardello wrote:
Hello everybody,

I am Andrea, from AppAware for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appaware).

At AppAware we built a public API based on the android-market-api library, and released it as a free service so that other developers can quickly access to Google Play apps' details.

You can find the AppAware API information here:

At the following link some info on how to get an app details:

(Soon we will also release a search API, in the meantime you can even access to our top-app-lists: http://dev.appaware.com/1/doc/api/app/top.php)

Please let us know what you think about the service! :)

Best,

Andrea

Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 11/7/12 2:08 AM
Hi Matma,

we are always working to keep the API up-to-date with Play, but those apps were just released, that's why you were not able to find on our API... :)

Did you had that problem again?

Best,

Andrea

On Sunday, May 6, 2012 10:18:06 PM UTC+5:30, agirardello wrote:
Hello everybody,

I am Andrea, from AppAware for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appaware).

At AppAware we built a public API based on the android-market-api library, and released it as a free service so that other developers can quickly access to Google Play apps' details.

You can find the AppAware API information here:

At the following link some info on how to get an app details:

(Soon we will also release a search API, in the meantime you can even access to our top-app-lists: http://dev.appaware.com/1/doc/api/app/top.php)

Please let us know what you think about the service! :)

Best,

Andrea

Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 11/7/12 2:21 AM
Hi Shruti,

the results of our search are different from the ones of Play as we implemented our own search algorithm, which takes into consideration different criteria compared to what Google Play does. This is reflected both in the ranking of apps, and the total number.

Does this explain your question?

Best,

Andrea

On Sunday, May 6, 2012 12:48:06 PM UTC-4, agirardello wrote:
Hello everybody,

I am Andrea, from AppAware for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appaware).

At AppAware we built a public API based on the android-market-api library, and released it as a free service so that other developers can quickly access to Google Play apps' details.

You can find the AppAware API information here:

At the following link some info on how to get an app details:

(Soon we will also release a search API, in the meantime you can even access to our top-app-lists: http://dev.appaware.com/1/doc/api/app/top.php)

Please let us know what you think about the service! :)

Best,

Andrea

Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 11/7/12 2:23 AM
Hi Ning,

at present that's not supported, but you can relay on the package name as unique identifier...

Best,

Andrea

On Friday, November 2, 2012 1:14:03 PM UTC+1, Ning Chen wrote:
Hey Andrea,

Is there any method that I can get the appid from the package name? Thanks~

在 2012年5月7日星期一UTC+8上午12时48分06秒,agirardello写道:
Hello everybody,

I am Andrea, from AppAware for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appaware).

At AppAware we built a public API based on the android-market-api library, and released it as a free service so that other developers can quickly access to Google Play apps' details.

You can find the AppAware API information here:

At the following link some info on how to get an app details:

(Soon we will also release a search API, in the meantime you can even access to our top-app-lists: http://dev.appaware.com/1/doc/api/app/top.php)

Please let us know what you think about the service! :)

Best,

Andrea

Re: Access Google Play apps with AppAware public API agirardello 11/7/12 2:31 AM
Hi Abo,

at present we do not support the possibility to get ALL apps for a specific country (or language).

However, you could use this endpoint to get the most popular: http://dev.appaware.com/1/doc/api/app/top.php

Just use the optional parameter "cc" (for country code, a bit hidden in the documentation) to retrieve all the apps for a specific country, for instance Saudi Arabia: cc==SA

If using our API you iterate over time frames, categories, and type of lists you could get quite some apps matching with your goal.

Best,

Andrea

On Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:57:19 PM UTC+1, abo haneen wrote:
 please can you explain how to get all arabic applications ??

thanks
More topics »