Nikon S800c not seen by adb?

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Nikon S800c not seen by adb? Claghorn 10/3/12 6:56 PM
Does some magic need updating somewhere for "adb devices" to recognize brand new android devices? On my fedora linux box, I can't seem to see my new Nikon S800c camera as an android device (yes, I fixed the udev rules and enabled USB debugging on the camera). The device has USB ID 04b0:018f.
Re: [android-discuss] Nikon S800c not seen by adb? Phil Nickinson 10/3/12 6:59 PM
Try tossing it into USB storage mode first. I *think* that's what did the trick for me. Ran into the same problem. Haven't had time to really figure out what I did right. (I also did udev rules.)

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Claghorn <horsl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does some magic need updating somewhere for "adb devices" to recognize brand new android devices? On my fedora linux box, I can't seem to see my new Nikon S800c camera as an android device (yes, I fixed the udev rules and enabled USB debugging on the camera). The device has USB ID 04b0:018f.

Re: [android-discuss] Nikon S800c not seen by adb? jtoolsdev 10/3/12 7:33 PM
Same here with the Galaxy Nexus but for some reason after allowing
storage mode to open then adb saw the device.  I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.
Re: [android-discuss] Nikon S800c not seen by adb? Claghorn 10/4/12 3:24 AM
Tried all sorts of combinations of usb storage or not, adb server running before or after plugging in usb, still adb never sees it (I have no problems seeing my phone, by the way, so I know it works sometimes :-). I guess I can do a lot of debugging using the phone and hope that the app works the same way on the camera...
Re: [android-discuss] Nikon S800c not seen by adb? Ganesh 10/4/12 3:36 AM
Apart from changing in rules in udev, can you please try this as well
1. create a file called adb_usb.ini and add the vendor id of ur usb device in 0xvendor id format (add with both CAPS and SMALL letters)
2. enter       sudo cp adb_usb.in ~/.android/
3. Kill and restart adb

Thanks
Ganesh
Re: [android-discuss] Nikon S800c not seen by adb? Claghorn 10/4/12 3:09 PM
The adb_usb.ini file may have done the trick. I did indeed finally get connected after adding a line with 0x04b0 on it, but it still took several tries, so I'm not at all sure exactly what combination worked finally :-).

I also updated my modprobe.d directory with a .conf file with this line:

options usb-storage quirks=0489:c001:i,04b0:018f:i

That tells the usb-storage driver to ignore both my phone and the camera so I don't keep getting /var/log/messages spewing about storage devices it can't quite talk to when I haven't enabled usb disk access on the android device. Possibly that helped as well.