G1 usb drivers for linux

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
G1 usb drivers for linux Peterman 12/12/08 3:35 AM
Hi

I have a G1 Android phone but I can't install applications under linux
OS. I found the drivers for windows and I can upload applications
through it, but I would like upload applications under linux.
Can anyone tell me where I can find the drivers for linux? There are
another way to upload applications independent of the operating
system?

thanks to all
Re: G1 usb drivers for linux Dave Orme 12/12/08 6:34 AM
The drivers are included in Linux.

Which distro are you using?

I tried initially using Fedora, which doesn't work because the path to
the device node is hard-coded into the tooling.

When I switched to Ubuntu, everything Just Worked.

Regards,

Dave Orme
Re: G1 usb drivers for linux Peterman 12/12/08 7:20 AM
I have ubuntu also, but when I connect my phone g1 to the pc, and I
put "adb devices" in a shell, the shell give me nothing!!
How do you do ?
Re: G1 usb drivers for linux the.victim 12/12/08 10:58 AM
hey,

I'm using Fedora (10) and it works quite fine.
the only thing I have to do every time I want to connect to g1 is run
the following lines as root:

adb killl-server
adb start-server

and then everything works fine. "adb devices" and all the cool eclipse
debugging and testing stuff.
Re: [android-developers] Re: G1 usb drivers for linux lotusscript 12/12/08 9:35 AM
Hi,

I use CentOS 5.2.   I had the same problem as you.  The way to get
around it, in my case at least, was to run adb devices as root.

For ubuntu try:  su adb devices

I also enabled USB debugging on the phone as set it not to sleep when
charging

Hope this helps

Phil.
Re: [android-developers] Re: G1 usb drivers for linux ralf 12/14/08 10:34 AM
For Ubuntu, you need to configure udev.
http://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+android+udev

R/
Re: G1 usb drivers for linux ipalik 12/14/08 11:16 AM

On 14 Dez., 19:34, Ralf <ralfo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For Ubuntu, you need to configure udev.http://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+android+udev
>
> R/
>
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 7:20 AM, Peterman <pserr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have ubuntu also, but when I connect my phone g1 to the pc, and I
> > put "adb devices" in a shell, the shell give me nothing!!
> > How do you do ?
>
> > On Dec 12, 3:34 pm, Dave Orme <d...@coconut-palm-software.com> wrote:
> >> The drivers are included in Linux.
>
> >> Which distro are you using?
>
> >> I tried initially using Fedora, which doesn't work because the path to
> >> the device node is hard-coded into the tooling.
>
> >> When I switched to Ubuntu, everything Just Worked.
>
> >> Regards,
>
> >> Dave Orme

i will get mine g1 tomorrow or on tuesday.

Can you tell me, which  programs you use?
I heard, banshe 1.4 should be good for the g1.

here is the link http://androidcentral.com/banshee-14-brings-music-g1/

thanks to all
Re: G1 usb drivers for linux Dave Estes 12/13/08 11:43 AM
I had the same permissions problem problem on my Ubuntu 8.04 box. You
can check the permissions with a simple ls -l on the usb hub that
they're connected to, 005 in my case.
    $ ls -l /dev/bus/usb/005
    crw-rw-r-- 1 root root    189, 512 2008-12-13 13:58 001
    crw-rw---- 1 root root    189, 515 2008-12-13 14:00 004

The number for the device increments every time you unplug and plug it
back in, so that's an easy way to determine which device is the G1 in
case you want to set the permissions here every time.  However, I
wanted it to be set to something more reasonable automatically. Here's
what I did:

1) Make an "android" group and add yourself to it.
2) Found out the Vendor ID of your device using lsusb. The vendor ID
is the number before the semicolon.
    $ lsusb
    Bus 005 Device 005: ID 0bb4:0c02 High Tech Computer Corp.
3) Create a rules file as root.
    # cat - > 70-android.rules
    BUS=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", GROUP="android", MODE="0660" /
* HTC */
    <ctrl>-D

I ended up rebooting my machine for something else, but you can
probably just restart udev. I haven't tried this to verify it will
work.
    # /etc/init.d/udev restart