Customize search bar UI

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Customize search bar UI Pablo Szyrko 8/27/09 12:18 PM
I am developing an application that needs to extend the functionality
of the android search bar. Basically I need to show a bitmap image for
each suggestion. The current implementation of the search bar enables
to show resource icons (with SearchManager.SUGGEST_COLUMN_ICON_1 and
SearchManager.SUGGEST_COLUMN_ICON_2).
I don't see the way to customize thenative search dialog.
I think it is not a good idea to create my search component. I found
an old entry in this group, but it doesn't have any answer (http://
www.mail-archive.com/android-developers@googlegroups.com/msg31090.html).
Basically the question is the same: "is the search UI customizable at
all"?
Thanks in advance, Pablo
Re: [android-developers] Customize search bar UI Romain Guy 8/27/09 1:27 PM

It's not sorry.