What is the actual problem in RTSP streaming in Android Emulator?

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
What is the actual problem in RTSP streaming in Android Emulator? Madhu 6/22/12 12:12 AM
Hi All,

   Everyone knows that if we try to play RTSP video streams in emulator, we will get a result "Sorry, this video cannot be played"

   What is the in-depth reason that it is not able to play. And i found in some threads that it could be because of the following reasons:

1) The media framework does support RTSP with RTP payloads. The OpenCore code includes an RTSP/RTP client built on sockets that will handle buffering and transport controls.

       Now a days the android is using Stagefright framework. Even this one also has the same limitation like OpenCore as it is mentioned above????????

2) It does not work in the emulator environment due to some firewall issues in the emulator network layer.

       Is the above statement true?????????????

 3) It has some decoding and Rendering issues in emulator

       Is the above statement true?????????????

The above statements are not convincing one. It would be grateful if i get the in-depth reasons.

Can anyone of you guys tell me the exact reason why android emulator is not capable of playing streaming videos especially via RTSP?

Thanks in advance...

-Madhu