application's persistent not work

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
application's persistent not work James Wang 6/15/10 1:26 AM
Hi,
We set our application's persistent true to make our app run forever.
(We are making new device product)
However, we found our app was still got killed during background in
emulator.
Our apps are big mem consumers and I think system maybe kill any app
without checking persistent prop when system resouce get low.
Is that true?

How can we keep our app from killing by system.

Best Regards

James
Re: [android-developers] application's persistent not work frankw 6/15/10 8:18 AM
You can't keep your Andoid application's activities from being killed
by the system. If that were the case, the system would not be able to
start any other activities, once your application has hogged all the
memory.
Re: application's persistent not work James Wang 6/15/10 9:26 AM
Hi Frank,

What you said sounds reasonable. But sdk reference tells us another
story.
Is the reference to persistent wrong?

Re: application's persistent not work James Wang 6/15/10 11:53 PM
We did more research on it.
Based on Pone app, we changed our app's AndroidManifest.xml with two
platform certificate and system shareuserid.
But our app is still killed when in background.

Can anybody tell me how to make our app persisitent really?

Thanks.

James
Re: application's persistent not work James Wang 6/16/10 5:19 PM
Hi Dianne,
Would you shed some light on this topic?
Thanks.

James
Re: [android-developers] Re: application's persistent not work Dianne Hackborn 6/16/10 6:53 PM
Only apps built into the system image can be persistent.

Thanks.

James

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hac...@android.com

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Re: application's persistent not work James Wang 6/23/10 8:11 PM
Thanks, Dianne. We have confirmed what you said.