Re: [android-building] What is BIP.apk

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Re: [android-building] What is BIP.apk Jean-Baptiste Queru 8/6/12 2:11 PM
That's one of the components of the network stack for VZW.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:47 PM, James Peterson
<> wrote:
> I have looked all over the internet for a definative answer to this but
> found none.
> It could be:
> Basic Image Profile
> Bearer Independent Protocol
> or something completely different, I've seen a lot of possible choices but
> one of these seems the most likely.
> Could someone explain what BIP.apk is and what its function is?

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Re: [android-building] What is BIP.apk Jean-Baptiste Queru 8/6/12 2:40 PM
It's all opaque to me as well. Samsung put it in the list of necessary
binaries, so I assume that it is, and I wouldn't remove it.