All My Builds Have No ADB

Showing 1-14 of 14 messages
All My Builds Have No ADB Matt Bloomfield 9/16/12 1:18 PM
Hi,

I'm new to building and not sure if this is the best place to ask, however, all the builds that I complete have no ADB. There is adb in system/bin - but when plugging into my computers (Windows or Ubuntu), and run adb devices i get "list of devices", with nothing underneath. ADB was working on the device before flashing my own build.

Is there a known missing package that could be causing this? or something that I should search for?

I'm new to Ubuntu and developing - hoping to learn more.

Kind Regards,
Matt
Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB Jean-Baptiste Queru 9/17/12 7:25 AM
Are you creating user builds (as opposed to userdebug or eng builds)?
user builds have adb disabled by default, you need to enable it in the
settings.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.
Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB Matt Bloomfield 9/18/12 3:50 AM
Hi,

Thanks for reply.

User builds as meant for users?
I am actually building from CM / other source that I have found (which include eng builds).

Where can I find this setting? so I can check if it is enabled or not.

Kind Regards,
Matt
Re: All My Builds Have No ADB Matt Bloomfield 9/18/12 6:04 AM
Hi,

Thanks for reposne,

I have done a check and am building userdebug made for the my Nexus 7.

Thanks, Matt
Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB Jean-Baptiste Queru 9/18/12 8:58 AM
This is an area where I know CM builds are different, so I strongly
suggest that you ask on their side.

JBQ

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 3:50 AM, Matt Bloomfield
Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB cdesai 9/18/12 11:50 PM
userdebug / eng builds should have usb debugging enabled by default.
Check it in Settings > Developer Options > Android Debugging.

Also, /system/bin/adb is a host binary, /sbin/adbd is the daemon.

Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB Matt Bloomfield 9/19/12 1:12 AM
Hi,

I built full-eng for grouper with Google source, and adb was working, so I guess it is the different sources. I will now try to find someone to help me on the CM team.

Thanks for your support.

Kind Regards,
Matt
Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB Matt Bloomfield 9/19/12 9:19 AM
I have USB debugging on, and have both those files in the correct places, yet I still don't get adb. If I adb shell (on either phone or computer) it starts the deamon correctly, and then just gives me
"Error, no device"
Or if I Want to run logcat I just get
"Waiting for device"

I see no reason for it not work... however, it doesn't work..!

Thanks for the reply...

Matt Bloomfield 9/19/12 9:20 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB cdesai 9/19/12 9:45 AM

Does your device show up under lsusb / dmesg?

Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB Matt Bloomfield 9/19/12 2:18 PM
Hi,

I rebuilt CM10 for my One X, and it again had no adb, but my TF101 paranoidandroid rom does have adb..

The CM10 build has adb in recovery though.

Thanks, Matt
Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB Matt Bloomfield 9/20/12 2:00 AM
Hi, I did reply to your queestion, but I guess it didn't get approved...

In the lsusb my device shows up (Tegra 3 One X), but it comes up as High Tech Computers Corp Desire / Hero.
In the dmesg, I cannot see it, but attached is the dmesg - I can see at the end there is USB mass storage connected, even though the phone isn't connected as USB mass storage and USB debugging isn't in.

Also, I noticed that USB debugging wasn't on by default - so could be that!!

Thanks for your help!

Matt
Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB Giveen 9/20/12 12:48 PM
These questions probably would be better answered over at android-porting, just saying :)
Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB Matt Bloomfield 9/21/12 2:11 AM
Thanks, I've posted it in Android Porting Group!