|501c3 Discussion||Nate Y.||9/19/12 4:24 PM|
Hello, lovely board members!
It's that time! I am opening up this email thread to discussing our
thoughts, what we've found during our research, and what remains to be
done on our 501c3 application. *Everyone* should have something to
contribute by now, so let's make this a useful discussion and get this
over with already. :)
I'll start by saying that I notice we have a few key areas that have not
been adequately responded to, namely:
- 5.3.a. should probably be filled out by Josh with the rough number of
hours he worked. I am updating 5.3.b. to be "no".
- 5.5.a. We don't have a specific conflict of interest policy, though it
is briefly mentioned for our officers (but not the board). The note
below this section on Form 1023 points out: "A conflict of interest
policy is recommended though it is not required to obtain exemption." so
maybe we are good with what we have. Noisebridge has a much more
thorough policy, but Hive13's is just a brief section near the end of
their bylaws. Thoughts?
- 6.1.a/b. We need to flesh these out on the wiki. Does this apply to
Bright Futures? Our Gemsi (or similar) fund-raiser?
- 7.1. Anyone have any input on this section? We need to identify
someone who can help us with this (Mrs. Hunter?) if not. Schedule G
itself looks fairly easy to fill in, but need to make sure we answer
them carefully due to the somewhat peculiar nature of our acquisition.
- 7.2. We still need to complete Schedule E, relating to us not
submitting this stuff prior to 27 months after formation.
- 8.2.c. We need to clarify this part. We have indeed done fundraising,
even if it's not much.
- 8.11. I'm pretty sure "real property" means things related to
buildings, facilities, etc.. For what it's worth, Noisebridge answered
- 10.1. I believe this is "no". Noisebridge also has "no".
- 10.5. Should probably check "h" (see Noisebridge)
- 10.6. I think since we're more established, we should choose the
Definitive Ruling option here. Might require some lawyering and/or
records searching. Input?
Onward/tally ho/etc., directors!
|Re: 501c3 Discussion||Nate Y.||9/24/12 2:11 PM|
Just a friendly reminder that the board really needs to take a look at
these issues, and that there has been no activity here since I posted.
I know you're all very busy and that this is awful paperwork, but it
probably won't take more than 30-45 minutes to look over and give a
"yeah, this looks good so far", or "oh my goodness this is a giant mess;
we must fix <section>".
-- Nate Y.
|Re: [ahashop_directors] Re: 501c3 Discussion||sleepy nate||9/24/12 4:53 PM|
Oh my goodness, this is a giant mess; let's ship it.