Oracle ADF Essentials

Showing 1-40 of 40 messages
Oracle ADF Essentials Dave van der Wende 9/24/12 2:37 AM
Wow... Exciting news. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/overview/adfessentials-1719844.html


Looking forward to hearing more. Especially before regard the road map forward. 

I was about to start to scope a project requiring glassfish and was thinking of using Prime or ICE faces. Hope be using ADF now !
Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Sveinn Halldór Oddsson Zoëga 9/24/12 5:42 AM
Great news.

Now ADF adoption is possible for smaller users which are not big
enough to have the budget for Weblogic Server.
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise
> Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To
> unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
>
> All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
> Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content
> sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google
> Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).
Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Chad Thompson 9/24/12 6:09 AM

On Sep 24, 2012, at 7:34 AM, Sveinn Halldór Oddsson Zoëga <sve...@gmail.com> wrote:

Great news.

Now ADF adoption is possible for smaller users which are not big
enough to have the budget for Weblogic Server.

Right - the express support for GlassFish will also help crack the "other" nut of promoting ADF as a framework suitable for general Java/JEE development and not an Oracle-specific UI technology…

Big thanks to the Oracle team!

- Chad

-- 
Chad Thompson 
chad_t...@mac.com
RE: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Stephen Johnson 9/24/12 6:11 AM

The news made it out in time for me to include it in this week’s podcast.

 

Stephen Johnson

Manager, Systems Architecture

Integretas, Inc.

 

From: adf-met...@googlegroups.com [mailto:adf-met...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Chad Thompson
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 9:09 AM
To: adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Chris Muir 9/24/12 6:12 AM
If you're a fan of the ADF Essentials announcement, it would be
appreciated if you could participate in some "totally unethical and
we'd never suggest you officially do this" vote-stacking at Dzone
please ;-)

http://www.dzone.com/links/oracle_adf_core_functionality_now_available_for_f.html

...from an ADF product manager's point of view, it'd be nice to see
ADF in the Dzone "hotlist" just for 1 day, seriously it'll bring a
tear to my eye.

CM.

On Sep 24, 9:09 pm, Chad Thompson <chad_thomp...@mac.com> wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2012, at 7:34 AM, Sveinn Halldór Oddsson Zoëga <svei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Great news.
>
> > Now ADF adoption is possible for smaller users which are not big
> > enough to have the budget for Weblogic Server.
>
> Right - the express support for GlassFish will also help crack the "other" nut of promoting ADF as a framework suitable for general Java/JEE development and not an Oracle-specific UI technology…
>
> Big thanks to the Oracle team!
>
> - Chad
>
> --
> Chad Thompson
> chad_thomp...@mac.comhttp://chadthompson.me
Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Jernej Kaše 9/24/12 7:03 AM
This will take ADF to the next level, make it attractive for personal projects and so on.. We should see a great boost in developer ecosystem.

I don't know who exactly is behind this and how you convinced the bean counters, but Shay, Chris, Duncan, Frank, Dana and everybody else.. a big thank you!
Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Chris Muir 9/24/12 7:19 AM
Certainly I cannot take any credit as these efforts predate my start at Oracle, but to say Ill pass on your thanks to the staff (not just PMs) involved, I'm sure they'll appreciate it. What I will add is the team members have been incredibly dedicated to pushing this through with a number of significant challenges overcome. We hope you'll be able to make good use of the results.

So anybody going to come up with a sexy name to compete with LAMP? We've a free version of the db, a free Java server, and now a free JSF framework.  I'm got GEX so far.

CM.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).
RE: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Stephen Johnson 9/24/12 7:29 AM

I think that’s a good acronym, provided we pronounce it “Geeks”.  J

 

 

Stephen Johnson

Manager, Systems Architecture

Integretas, Inc.

 

From: adf-met...@googlegroups.com [mailto:adf-met...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Chris Muir
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 10:19 AM
To: adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials

Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials robatvgo 9/24/12 7:31 AM
This looks like great news!  I'll give it my vote on DZone.

-Rob
Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Stephen Johnson 9/24/12 7:34 AM
And there needs to be a blog/site/group or something called "Oracle GEX for Oracle Geeks". 


On Monday, September 24, 2012 10:29:07 AM UTC-4, Stephen Johnson wrote:

I think that’s a good acronym, provided we pronounce it “Geeks”.  J

 


 

So anybody going to come up with a sexy name to compete with LAMP? We've a free version of the db, a free Java server, and now a free JSF framework.  I'm got GEX so far.

CM.


Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Wes Fang 9/24/12 9:01 AM
This is really exciting news!!! I look forward to finally building a site at home, good bye php. Just told all my developers too, let the word spread! Thanks to everyone involved on getting this released!
Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials vnavaluri 9/24/12 9:19 AM
Awesome. kind of dream come true as an Oracle Solutions Architect facing customers and justifying ADF framework over all those ever growing list of open point focused frameworks. This was my wish/ask for Larry (Oracle) when I was asked while joining ADF EMG group. Not sure it will be done so soon and if EMG got it done :) Great news for all the well wishing community of ADF and hoping for ADF mobile on same lines post OOW-12.

Thank you,
VJ
Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Hasamali Saiyed 9/24/12 8:13 AM
This is great news.but at the same time , I would read "What is included in Oracle ADF Essentials?".
I would more consider is at trial version for production rather than free , I don't know how one will define security
without ADF security for taskflow. But this is good way forward so that ADF can be adopted by SME for production
deployment for testing.

Thanks, Hasim

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials nnalamgm 9/24/12 10:56 AM
The features given in this are great. But, if we already have Licensed version of ADF, how can we integrate these features into our ADF ? Are these new features already built into ADF 11.1.2.3.0 ?

Thanks

Naresh

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 4:37 AM, Dave <dvdw...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Stephen Johnson 9/24/12 11:01 AM
I'm sure the ADF security is one of the main things people will miss, but it's not the only way to secure an app, and I'm sure you'll see lots of discussion about it in the ADF community over the weeks and months ahead.  In the meantime the question to ask is "How would I secure my app if I wasn't using ADF?"

We've already begun plans to use it for a couple of apps we had been looking at LAMP for, and security is one thing we'll have to figure out, but we're ok with that.


Stephen Johnson
Sent from I, Pad

On Sep 24, 2012, at 11:13 AM, hasim <hsa...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is great news.but at the same time , I would read "What is included in Oracle ADF Essentials?".
I would more consider is at trial version for production rather than free , I don't know how one will define security
without ADF security for taskflow. But this is good way forward so that ADF can be adopted by SME for production
deployment for testing.

Thanks, Hasim

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Stephen Johnson <sjoh...@integretasinc.com> wrote:
And there needs to be a blog/site/group or something called "Oracle GEX for Oracle Geeks". 


On Monday, September 24, 2012 10:29:07 AM UTC-4, Stephen Johnson wrote:

ReI think that’s a good acronym, provided we pronounce it “Geeks”.  J

 


 

So anybody going to come up with a sexy name to compete with LAMP? We've a free version of the db, a free Java server, and now a free JSF framework.  I'm got GEX so far.

CM.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).
Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Jernej Kaše 9/24/12 11:31 AM
Hasim,

it's up to a developer or a company to evaluate their development effort & cost versus buying weblogic license and save big time on implementing an enterprise ready, easy to manage and use security framework.

Just think about it for a second.. what you are saying can be rephrased as "the security framework of ADF is so powerful that It alone justifies the cost of weblogic + ADF". And honestly, replace security with anything else. Task flows, BC, DVT... tell me, for which one would you not make this comment?

I for one am amazed about what's in the package. Even more so because I'm quite sure we'll soon see a community security library to go along with that.
Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials luc bors 9/24/12 12:19 PM

What about project GENIE ?
'They' only have the LAMP, 'we' have the 'GENIE' to grant all our wishes.

I know it's only three, but hey, it's three each....

Op 24 sep. 2012 16:19 schreef "Chris Muir" <chris...@gmail.com> het volgende:
Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials agawish 9/24/12 12:25 PM
Yea, and at least the DVT components are in

Rock on

Best Regards,
Amr Gawish
Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Jan Vervecken 9/24/12 12:40 PM
hi

The "Oracle ADF Essentials Overview and Frequently Asked Questions" [1] document points to the JDeveloper and ADF forum as to place for ADF Essentials community support.

Your feedback is welcome in these forum threads:
- "Is my application an ADF Essentials application?"
at https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2443570
- "ADF Essentials : ADF Security alternatives"
at https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2443571

- [1] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/overview/adfessentialsfaq-1837249.pdf

many thanks
Jan Vervecken
Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Shay Shmeltzer 9/24/12 1:05 PM
>>Are these new features already built into ADF 11.1.2.3.0 ?

There is no separate version of ADF libraries for the Essentials edition and the regular one.
The only "new feature" that Essentials has and the full ADF doesn't is the ability to deploy to GlassFish.

Shay
RE: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Stephen Johnson 9/24/12 1:07 PM

So it’s up to the developers to make sure they’re not using any of the ADF features not available in Essentials, there’s nothing in JDev 11.1.2.3 that prevents using the limited features?

 

 

Stephen Johnson

Manager, Systems Architecture

Integretas, Inc.

 

From: adf-met...@googlegroups.com [mailto:adf-met...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Shay Shmeltzer
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 4:06 PM
To: adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials

Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Jernej Kaše 9/24/12 1:09 PM
So one of the reasons for no security is its dependence on OPSS?
Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Chad Thompson 9/24/12 1:12 PM

On Sep 24, 2012, at 3:07 PM, Stephen Johnson <sjoh...@integretasinc.com> wrote:

So it’s up to the developers to make sure they’re not using any of the ADF features not available in Essentials, there’s nothing in JDev 11.1.2.3 that prevents using the limited features?
 

Partially (similar to other Oracle licensing) - but I'm also guessing that one reason that some of the "non-Essential" parts of ADF are not available for GlassFish deployment is the dependencies that some of them have on WebLogic.  For example, I can see where the ADF Security features that rely on OPSS/WebLogic would need to be 'ported' to GlassFish - so attempting to use OPSS with an Essentials / GlassFish deployment simply wouldn't work.

… and if you're deploying to WebLogic, the "Essentials" tag is meaningless, because you have a full ADF license anyway!

- Chad

-- 
Chad Thompson 
chad_t...@mac.com
Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials luc bors 9/24/12 1:20 PM

Shay,
Short question.
I couldn't find t in the release notes, nor have I been able to test it yet, but is there full support for ADF libraries, and thus for modular development and reuse ?

Op 24 sep. 2012 22:05 schreef "Shay Shmeltzer" <shay.sh...@oracle.com> het volgende:
Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Jan Vervecken 9/24/12 1:22 PM
hi Stephen Johnson

That is also what I am asking about in OTN forum thread:

- "Is my application an ADF Essentials application?"
at https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2443570

regards
Jan Vervecken
Re: [ADF EMG] Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Hasamali Saiyed 9/24/12 11:03 AM
Hey Stephen ,

I think we need to start up multiple thread for each component which is not licensed
and how to achieve it functionality without buying license like ADF Security , scalability , clustering.

Thanks, Hasim

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Stephen Johnson <sjoh...@integretasinc.com> wrote:
I'm sure the ADF security is one of the main things people will miss, but it's not the only way to secure an app, and I'm sure you'll see lots of discussion about it in the ADF community over the weeks and months ahead.  In the meantime the question to ask is "How would I secure my app if I wasn't using ADF?"

We've already begun plans to use it for a couple of apps we had been looking at LAMP for, and security is one thing we'll have to figure out, but we're ok with that.


Stephen Johnson
Sent from I, Pad

On Sep 24, 2012, at 11:13 AM, hasim <hsa...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is great news.but at the same time , I would read "What is included in Oracle ADF Essentials?".
I would more consider is at trial version for production rather than free , I don't know how one will define security
without ADF security for taskflow. But this is good way forward so that ADF can be adopted by SME for production
deployment for testing.

Thanks, Hasim

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Stephen Johnson <sjoh...@integretasinc.com> wrote:
And there needs to be a blog/site/group or something called "Oracle GEX for Oracle Geeks". 


On Monday, September 24, 2012 10:29:07 AM UTC-4, Stephen Johnson wrote:

ReI think that’s a good acronym, provided we pronounce it “Geeks”.  J

 


 

So anybody going to come up with a sexy name to compete with LAMP? We've a free version of the db, a free Java server, and now a free JSF framework.  I'm got GEX so far.

CM.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials jhon.carrillo 9/24/12 1:40 PM
I understood the ADF Essentials running on GlashFish does not support  the following features:

- ADF Security
- Web Services Control

And What else?

another question is:

How can we manage the security without ADF Security?


Jhon





On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Jan Vervecken <ver...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi Stephen Johnson

That is also what I am asking about in OTN forum thread:

- "Is my application an ADF Essentials application?"
at https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2443570

regards
Jan Vervecken


On Monday, September 24, 2012 10:07:51 PM UTC+2, Stephen Johnson wrote:

So it’s up to the developers to make sure they’re not using any of the ADF features not available in Essentials, there’s nothing in JDev 11.1.2.3 that prevents using the limited features?

 

 

Stephen Johnson

Manager, Systems Architecture

Integretas, Inc.

 

From: adf-met...@googlegroups.com [mailto:adf-met...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Shay Shmeltzer


Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 4:06 PM
To: adf-met...@googlegroups.com

Subject: Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials

 

>>Are these new features already built into ADF 11.1.2.3.0 ?

There is no separate version of ADF libraries for the Essentials edition and the regular one.
The only "new feature" that Essentials has and the full ADF doesn't is the ability to deploy to GlassFish.

Shay

On Monday, September 24, 2012 10:56:49 AM UTC-7, nnalamgm wrote:

The features given in this are great. But, if we already have Licensed version of ADF, how can we integrate these features into our ADF ? Are these new features already built into ADF 11.1.2.3.0 ?

Thanks

Naresh

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 4:37 AM, Dave <dvdw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow... Exciting news. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/overview/adfessentials-1719844.html

 

 

Looking forward to hearing more. Especially before regard the road map forward. 

 

I was about to start to scope a project requiring glassfish and was thinking of using Prime or ICE faces. Hope be using ADF now !

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Shay Shmeltzer 9/24/12 3:45 PM
The FAQ lists which components are in or out of ADF Essentials right now:
http://www-content.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/overview/adfessentialsfaq-1837249.pdf

As far as security of ADF Essentials on GlassFish - think about ADF like any other Java EE application in that sense.
Both Java EE and GlassFish has security mechanisms in place that you should be able to use.
Some reading:
Securing Java EE apps: http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/5/tutorial/doc/bnbwj.html
Security in GlassFish: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26576_01/doc.312/e24940/toc.htm

We might be adding more components into ADF Essentials in the future - though I can't provide details or commitment on this right now.

Shay
Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials b 9/24/12 6:03 PM
Yes, use of packaging in ADF libraries is supported with ADF Essentials.

 -- Brian


On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Luc Bors <luc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Shay,
Short question.
I couldn't find t in the release notes, nor have I been able to test it yet, but is there full support for ADF libraries, and thus for modular development and reuse ?

Op 24 sep. 2012 22:05 schreef "Shay Shmeltzer" <shay.sh...@oracle.com> het volgende:

>>Are these new features already built into ADF 11.1.2.3.0 ?

There is no separate version of ADF libraries for the Essentials edition and the regular one.
The only "new feature" that Essentials has and the full ADF doesn't is the ability to deploy to GlassFish.

Shay

On Monday, September 24, 2012 10:56:49 AM UTC-7, nnalamgm wrote:
The features given in this are great. But, if we already have Licensed version of ADF, how can we integrate these features into our ADF ? Are these new features already built into ADF 11.1.2.3.0 ?

Thanks

Naresh

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 4:37 AM, Dave <dvdw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow... Exciting news. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/overview/adfessentials-1719844.html


Looking forward to hearing more. Especially before regard the road map forward. 

I was about to start to scope a project requiring glassfish and was thinking of using Prime or ICE faces. Hope be using ADF now !

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials b 9/24/12 6:12 PM
To add to Shay's response on Security, I just want to expand a bit on the Web Services comment.

As mentioned in the FAQ pointed to by Shay, the Web Service Data Control is not available in ADF Essentials. However, for SOAP services, you can generated a proxy class and wrap that with a Bean Data Control to achieve similar results with just a little more effort.

Also, note that for REST services, the "URL" Data control is included in ADF Essentials and supported on GlassFish.

 -- Brian


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials b 9/24/12 7:02 PM
Yep. Well said, but I'll just add a bit to this.

There's no automated tooling to help make sure you are not using ADF features that are not available in ADF Essentials (yet!). There are two things to watch for here:

1) Some familiar ADF components are covered by the ADF Essentials license agreement, some are not. See this list:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/overview/components-1844931.html
To legally run an ADF Essentials application you need to abide by the license terms which means using only the ADF Essentials licensed components.

2) Within the licensed components of ADF Essentials, there are some features that are not supported. For example, exposing ADF Business Components as web services.
See the list here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/11gr2update3-1851251.html#11.1.2.3.0ShermanUpdate3-ReleaseNotesREPOSITORY-ADFEssentialsandGlassFishDeployment

In both cases, each restriction was carefully considered. Our goal is to create a compelling offering that helps drive and grow ADF adoption. Building out the ADF ecosystem and community is good for all of us!

 -- Brian


On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Chad Thompson <chad_t...@mac.com> wrote:

On Sep 24, 2012, at 3:07 PM, Stephen Johnson <sjoh...@integretasinc.com> wrote:

So it’s up to the developers to make sure they’re not using any of the ADF features not available in Essentials, there’s nothing in JDev 11.1.2.3 that prevents using the limited features?
 

Partially (similar to other Oracle licensing) - but I'm also guessing that one reason that some of the "non-Essential" parts of ADF are not available for GlassFish deployment is the dependencies that some of them have on WebLogic.  For example, I can see where the ADF Security features that rely on OPSS/WebLogic would need to be 'ported' to GlassFish - so attempting to use OPSS with an Essentials / GlassFish deployment simply wouldn't work.

… and if you're deploying to WebLogic, the "Essentials" tag is meaningless, because you have a full ADF license anyway!

- Chad

-- 
Chad Thompson 
chad_t...@mac.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Jakub Pawłowski 9/26/12 7:59 AM
Hi,

What about data visualization components. Does ADF Essentials cover them ?

W dniu wtorek, 25 września 2012 00:45:55 UTC+2 użytkownik Shay Shmeltzer napisał:
Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Chris Muir 9/26/12 8:05 AM
Yes.

By accident Shay gave a link to an internal server for the FAQ, here's the correct URL which clearly says DVTs are included:

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com
 
All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).
Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Ollyando 9/26/12 10:00 AM
So we have (J)developer, (O)racle, (G)lassfish, (A)df
 
what about JOGA for a acronym :-)
 
Ollyando
RE: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials John Flack 9/26/12 10:07 AM

I LIKE it.  Except that you can use Eclipse with OEPE too, not just JDeveloper.

 

From: adf-met...@googlegroups.com [mailto:adf-met...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Ollyando
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:01 PM


To: adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials

 

So we have (J)developer, (O)racle, (G)lassfish, (A)df

Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials agawish 9/26/12 3:54 PM
and you can use tomcat also, check this post https://blogs.oracle.com/adfthoughts/entry/running_adf_essentials_in_tomcat
Best Regards,
Amr Gawish
Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Ramesh 9/27/12 7:58 AM
Great news, I wish ADF security was part of it too, just because not many applications are built these days without security.
Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials b 9/27/12 11:59 AM
Of course, security is part of just about every app. The primary reason ADF Security is not included is because it has direct dependencies on OPSS, which in turn has deep dependencies on WLS.

Please note that the lack of ADF Security in ADF Essentials does not mean that you can't secure your ADF Essentials apps. See Shay's comments below.

-- Brian
Re: Oracle ADF Essentials Andreas Koop 9/28/12 8:08 AM
Hi,

first of all: thx to Oracle making ADF Essentials become reality. One great opportunity that comes right into mind is beeing able to run ADF Applications in the cloud for free. Finally ;) 

Thanks to Ulrich Gerkmann-Bartels he had the idea of setting up ADF Essentials on Glassfish on RedHats Openshift, since at this time it looks really promising for running Glassfish. 

In the end actually it really worked. we have managed to run ADF Essentials on RedHats OpenShift Cloud. Feel free to do it on your own.

Sample running ADF 11.1.2.3 app accessible to the world


Instructions

Hope being able to do such experiments on Oracle Cloud soon.

Regards,

Andreas Koop

Co-Founder  & Consultant for Oracle Technologies
at enpit consulting OHG
--
Home: http://www.enpit-consulting.com
Blog: http://multikoop.blogspot.com
Ulrichs Blog: http://maybe-interesting.blogspot.com

Re: [ADF EMG] Oracle ADF Essentials Ramesh 9/28/12 7:12 AM
I understand the dependencies and I do understand that we can implement the security in other ways as mentioned, but page defination file and bounded task flows are specific to ADF and implementing security with ADF security is easy compared to other choices. I hope this will be included in future...
More topics »