Re: [angular.js] Re: AngularJS + Google Maps - Best practices

Showing 1-11 of 11 messages
Re: [angular.js] Re: AngularJS + Google Maps - Best practices joshkurz 6/27/12 6:57 PM
Yes this is perfect for me as well. +1

Josh Kurz

On Jun 27, 2012, at 11:01 AM, Larry Eitel <la...@eitel.com> wrote:

I am extremely pleased to say that I successfully pushed this project to nodester!!

Bookmark: http://angular-google-maps.nodester.com/

Looking forward to help from this community to demonstrate how to do google maps in angularjs correctly. :)

Re: [angular.js] Re: AngularJS + Google Maps - Best practices Igor Minar 6/29/12 12:34 PM
I can't figure out how to drop pins on the nodester site. Am I missing something?

/i

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:34 AM, Larry Eitel <la...@eitel.com> wrote:
Check out the coffee branch. Also, I notice live demo is not rendering on iPad safari browser. Hmm.

Re: [angular.js] Re: AngularJS + Google Maps - Best practices Igor Minar 6/29/12 3:27 PM
ok :-)

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Larry Eitel <la...@eitel.com> wrote:
this is a work in progress

unk...@googlegroups.com 7/1/12 6:26 AM <This message has been deleted.>
unk...@googlegroups.com 7/1/12 6:27 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: AngularJS + Google Maps - Best practices mdillin...@gmail.com 7/2/12 10:34 AM
Ok so I just forked the Project over. Looking forward to adding an array of Google Map instances into an angular controller. the Socket.IO portion of this project will most undoubtedly take us to the next level as well. Being able to offer real time geo data to a user is a very crucial function that we must have incorporated sometime in the near future.  Thanks for the opportunity to help add something great to the community.

On Sunday, July 1, 2012 11:31:54 PM UTC-4, Larry Eitel wrote:
Pushed an update. You can see live demo here on nodester:
http://angular-google-maps.nodester.com/

For some unknown reason, this app on nodester goes off-line from time to time. I have to reset-git in the admin and then it is live again. Haven't figured out why yet. I am new to nodester.

Also, a known issue is that when first clicking on view map, only one map tile appears. Refresh the page and then the full map will appear. Go figure. Ideas/Suggestions?

Lots of cool features being baked in. More to come. Please don't hesitation to get involved. We can all learn together how best to make Google Maps shine in AngularJS.
Re: AngularJS + Google Maps - Best practices Tad Christiansen 9/27/12 8:11 AM
Just ran across these posts. Any updates on how stuff is going?
Re: AngularJS + Google Maps - Best practices Andrew Joslin 9/27/12 9:40 AM
Hi Tad,

I ended up going a different direction than Larry, I don't know what he is doing now.
Re: AngularJS + Google Maps - Best practices Larry Eitel 10/20/12 12:14 PM
Sorry for lack of activity. Been consumed with working on backend API that will feed Google Map. I am VERY interested in moving this forward. I am willing to hire someone to continue working on this while I continue on the backend if anyone is interested.
Re: AngularJS + Google Maps - Best practices Larry Eitel 5/1/13 4:10 PM
After spending about a year on a python/Flask backend API, I am back to working on the front-end. A key component is Google Maps. Nice to see that there has been some activity in this space.

I am in the process of rebuilding my Angular dev stack. I am using yeoman-angular. I am also learning WebStorm.

And I have started porting code from https://github.com/LarryEitel/angular-google-maps to a new sandbox here: https://github.com/LarryEitel/of4. The name will likely be changed to OurField hosted at ourfield.org.

For the time-being, I have it deployed on a Linode VPS here: http://of.xchg.com

An issue at the moment relates to some strangeness involving the initial loading of the page. The Map doesn't render properly or at all until I re-size the window. I'm clueless at the moment.

Hoping to build the UI to work comfortably on small mobile devices.

If you are also involved with AngularJS and Google Maps API. I would enjoy collaborating with you.

Re: AngularJS + Google Maps - Best practices Nick McCready 10/20/13 3:36 PM
Not to disrespect this past project, but appears development has stalled. However, version of angular-google-maps is quite active.  https://github.com/nlaplante/angular-google-maps

Use r1-dev which will be the master by the end of the month.