Highest literature award [Sahitya Academy Award-2007] to Dr. Abdul Wahab Ashrafi from Patna

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Highest literature award [Sahitya Academy Award-2007] to Dr. Abdul Wahab Ashrafi from Patna Shakeel Ahmad 2/10/08 8:37 PM
Respected members,
Assalamo Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahe Wa Barakatahu. Alhmadolillah, this is a immensely inspiring and encouraging moment for me to share with you all. Our own Professor Dr. Syed Abdul Wahab Ashrafi, ex-Chairman, Bihar Universities Services Commission, and a prolific writer from Bihar has been awarded the coveted Sahitya Akademi Award for the year 2007, in recognition of his great contribution to Urdu literature [this is the highest award for literature in India]. Check the list of all recipients, till date, at http://www.sahitya-akademi.org/sahitya-akademi/awa10322.htm#urdu

The highest honours came to him for his book Tareekh-e-Adab-e-Urdu (Criticism), a masterpiece work of literature recognized the world over.

Dr. Syed Abdul Wahab Ashrafi's books have been included, for long time, in University Post-Graduate courses, viz., Gujrat University [Tafhimul Balaghat], Banares Hindu University [Qutub Mushtari ka Tanqeedi Mutalia and Ma Bad-e-Jadidiyat Muzmarat-o-mumkinat], Mysore University [Teesri Aankh], etc.

Bihar Anjuman along with its registered National society, RAHBAR, would like to extend their heartiest congratulations to this son-of-the soil who helped mobilize the intellectuals of Patna for the most successful meeting of Bihar Anjuman in Patna, till date [Meeting of 31st July 2007 in the Govt Urdu Library (in the campus of Anjuman Taraqqiye Urdu)].

Dr Syed Abdul Wahhab Ashrafi has been a guide and mentor for Bihar Anjuman

PS: Actions may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action, so act we MUST.
---------
Wishing you and all your loved ones greatest of times ahead!
Aspiring 2 c u happy!

Shakeel Ahmad
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
+971.50.4599172
http://www.biharanjuman.org - Largest network of people from Bihar or Jharkhand

Remember, growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give.

If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow,
you have no today to be thankful for.