Using SAN for repository storage

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Using SAN for repository storage deadpan 1/26/09 5:48 AM
I have VisualSVN Server setup on a Win 2003 server using its local
hard drive (C:\ ~60GB storage) as the location for the repositories.
At some time I will run out of storage on the local drive, so I was
thinking of creating a SAN-based share and move the repositories there
instead. What would be the procedure to transfer the repositories to
the SAN share and redirect VisualSVN Server to use it?
Re: Using SAN for repository storage VisualSVN Team 2/7/09 1:08 PM
Hi!

>What would be the procedure to transfer the repositories to the SAN share and redirect VisualSVN Server to use it?

1. Please copy your repository. You could copy C:\Repositories folder
if  VisualSVN Server service is stopped.  To do that please choose
Action->Stop in the VisualSVN Server Manager.

2. Ensure that the account VisualSVN Server is running under (it is a
LocalSystem account  by default)  has sufficient privileges to connect
to the new repository folder C:\Repository.

3. Please pay attention that disks are mapped per user (LocalSystem
account doesn't have this mapping) and use UNC path like
"\\server\share\Repositories" to your repository folder in your
VisualSVN Server configuration.

Please don't hesitate to ask help if the above does not work.

--
Olga Dolidze
VisualSVN Support