Vimwiki development goes to github.com

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Vimwiki development goes to github.com Maxim Kim 6/18/13 8:19 AM

Hola!

Google code closes "Downloads" and thus we wouldn't be able to distribute vimwiki releases the way it was. On the other hand there are other ways to distribute vim plugins available: pathogen or vundle. Plus github.com, where one can find vast majority of vim plugins as a separate repos or united under vim-scripts's mirror. Not to mention there is an easy way to download zipped vimwiki sources which is practically the same as vimwiki-2-1.zip we have at "Downloads" tab.

So meet https://github.com/vimwiki/vimwiki

Re: Vimwiki development goes to github.com Ping Song 6/18/13 8:29 AM
an unrated topic...

I was hoping I can use vimwiki as quick tool to manually produce some cross reference page like this:

http://lxr.linux.no/linux-old+v2.4.31/init/main.c

but due to some current implementation/feature limitations pity it's not possible...

otherwise this might greatly expand vimwiki's usability...

just a thought.

regards
ping

Re: Vimwiki development goes to github.com Einfach Toll 6/19/13 12:25 AM
That’s good news. I have a clone of Vimwiki containing my list stuff on Github, too. Check out (pun intended) the new-lists branch:
https://github.com/EinfachToll/Vimwiki/tree/new-lists
Re: Vimwiki development goes to github.com mediapathic 6/19/13 1:20 AM
First question: Einfach, can you let us know what the differences are in your branch, or, if you changed the docs, where to look there for the differences? I am looking at the file diffs, but I am not at all sure I am understanding everything.

Secondly: this raises a more general question, for anyone to answer. Assuming that one wants to experiment with vimwiki branches, what would be the Correct way of installing / uninstalling branches without risking losing data? I have an inkling that because it is now on githup, pathogen would be the right way to deal with this. I've installed a few other plugins with pathogen, but my vimwiki was, I believe, a manual install, old style. Should I just scour my ~/.vim/ for anything that is *wiki, and do a pathogen install? Surely there must be a better method. Any thoughts?

-- Steen

Re: Vimwiki development goes to github.com Einfach Toll 6/19/13 2:44 AM

Am Mittwoch, 19. Juni 2013 10:20:35 UTC+2 schrieb mediapathic:
First question: Einfach, can you let us know what the differences are in your branch, or, if you changed the docs, where to look there for the differences? I am looking at the file diffs, but I am not at all sure I am understanding everything.

Sorry, I should have made a reference to the relevant thread, where I described what I did:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vimwiki/u_cJF2RO30E/ZjqHexUGncUJ

Secondly: this raises a more general question, for anyone to answer. Assuming that one wants to experiment with vimwiki branches, what would be the Correct way of installing / uninstalling branches without risking losing data? I have an inkling that because it is now on githup, pathogen would be the right way to deal with this. I've installed a few other plugins with pathogen, but my vimwiki was, I believe, a manual install, old style. Should I just scour my ~/.vim/ for anything that is *wiki, and do a pathogen install? Surely there must be a better method. Any thoughts?

-- Steen

I think it's best to spend some minutes moving all Vimwiki related files into directories called autoload/, doc/, plugin/ etc. and put them into one directory called Vimwiki (or whatever) which you move to ~/.vim/bundle/
Look at Github to figure out where all the files sit.
If you want to try another branch, however, you have to remove that directory so that the two versions of Vimwiki don't interfere.
Re: Vimwiki development goes to github.com Maxim Kim 7/7/13 10:03 AM
Hi, Einfach!

Could you add that branch to vimwiki/vimwiki?

I will give you access to it.

Overall it looks very good, the only problem I can see is the absence of html stuff for it.

Once it is in vimwiki repo I'll have a closer look.

Thanks.

PS

master is for releases only, dev for current development, other branches should be based on dev.

Maxim.