|TaskJuggler 3.4.0 has been released||Chris Schlaeger||12/18/12 11:37 AM|
Hi TaskJuggler Users,
It took a little longer than usual to finish this release even though it does not have any big features. TaskJuggler 3.4.0 comes with a bunch of incremental improvements and lots of bug fixes. Almost all of the changes were triggered by bug reports and feature requests from the user community. A big thank you to everybody who contributed patches, bug reports and other feedback!
Here is a list of the new features:
* 'auxdir' can be used to specify alterntive path to CSS and script files.
* Trace file reader can now deal with Open/LibreOffice generated files.
* Add timefomat1 and timeformat2 attributes to set calendar column headers.
* Add report columns 'scheduling' to show the scheduling mode of leaf tasks.
* Priority inversions now generate a warning.
* 'competitors' and 'competitorcount' columns added.
* Better documentation of the task scheduler in the user manual.
* Support raw HTML fragments inlined into rich text strings.
* Added 'rawhtmlhead' attribute to insert HTML fragments into the HTML head section.
* Major performance improvements for reports using targets and inputs.
* Adding --report and --reports option to tj3.
Please see the change log for a complete list of new features and bug fixes.
To install TaskJuggler, see the installation instructions.
In case you find a bug, please follow the steps described in the manual.
Developers and other folks that want to contribute are encouraged to check
out our Git repository.
All users of earlier versions are encouraged to upgrade to this release at their earliest convenience!
For those who prefer Google+ over plain old mailing lists, we now have a TaskJuggler Community! If you are on Google+, please join us there! We're just getting started.
TaskJuggler is a modern and powerful, Free and Open Source Software project
management tool. Its new approach to project planing and tracking is more
flexible and superior to the commonly used Gantt chart editing tools.
TaskJuggler is project management software for serious project managers. It
covers the complete spectrum of project management tasks from the first
idea to the completion of the project. It assists you during project
scoping, resource assignment, cost and revenue planing, risk and
TaskJuggler provides an optimizing scheduler that computes your project
time lines and resource assignments based on the project outline and the
constraints that you have provided. The built-in resource balancer and
consistency checker offload you from having to worry about irrelevant
details and ring the alarm if the project gets out of hand. The flexible
as-many-details-as-necessary approach allows you to plan your project as
you go, making it also ideal for new management strategies such as Extreme
Programming and Agile Project Management.
TaskJuggler is a Ruby application that runs on Linux, Unix-like systems, Windows and MacOS.