Hi TaskJuggler Users!
TaskJuggler has just crossed the 10000 download mark on RubyGems.org! That's a pretty good achievement for a software that has not seen a single stable release yet. But we are very close now. Today, I'd like to announce the immediate availability of TaskJuggler 0.2.1. It's another beta version, but it offers a number of exciting new features:
- Added warning for non-effort tasks with allocate that don't get resources.
- Improved Vim integration
- Re-map Ctrl-] in vim to show full ID of property in current line.
- New report to generate source file infos for properties as ctags file.
- 3 - 5x Scheduler performance improvements for large projects.
- Added warning when accounts are present but no balance has been defined.
- Add --abort-on-warnings flag to tj3.
- Make sure that provided bookings don't exceed task specifications.
- Resource loads can now be reported in 'quarters' as well.
- Improved messages for some types of scheduling errors.
- Get the TJ2 bookings per resource in export reports back.
- Adding support to generate iCalendar files.
Additionally, it comes with the usual round of bug fixes.
- Tracking scenario tasks with no bookings but allocations are handled properly.
- Ensure that tracking scenario is set after all scenario definitions.
- Show last matched token in syntax error messages.
- Properly handle white spaces in macro calls.
- Properly handle unicode characters in macros and environment variables.
- tj3d shows local times again for loaded projects.
- Make --freezedate option work properly.
- Flags are now properly inherited by sub properties.
An immediate update to this version is recommended for all TaskJuggler users. This is still a beta version, so minor changes to the project description syntax are still possible.
To install TaskJuggler, see the installation instructions
In case you find a bug, please follow the steps described in the manual
Developers and other folks that want to contribute are encouraged to check out our Git repository