Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation

Showing 1-12 of 12 messages
Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation V-Player 9/26/10 11:40 AM
I have a profile where if someone sends me a text message it will
activate a profile unfortunately I use google voice for texting so I
was wondering is there a way to do this without using texting from my
carrier  and google voice instead.
Re: Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation Pent 9/27/10 7:01 AM
There's a todo list item:

> google voice functions: http://code.google.com/p/google-voice-java/, SMS, which phones to ring

Pent
Re: Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation V-Player 9/27/10 8:13 AM
I am confused, What I am trying to do is this http://tasker.wikidot.com/locatephone,
but it wont work since I am using google voice for texting.
Re: Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation Pent 9/27/10 10:16 AM
> I am confused, What I am trying to do is thishttp://tasker.wikidot.com/locatephone,
> but it wont work since I am using google voice for texting.

I didn't write that and I don't know how it works. I also don't use
google voice, so I have
no idea how the texting integrates. But when I get round to looking at
GV I'll see
if I can get the SMSs working (it's on the todo list as mentioned).

Pent
Re: Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation V-Player 9/27/10 1:11 PM
Let me simplify my question, I want to make %SMSRF with google voice
as well as the carrier's texting.
Re: Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation Tony 9/27/10 2:09 PM
You can't. At least not until Pent adds support for Google Voice's
text messaging capability to Tasker.
--
Tony
Re: Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation cristian 10/1/10 6:41 AM

Pent
Re: Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation hbearca 11/1/10 11:48 AM
Definitely need this.

I was hoping Steelgirderdev's plug-in would let me use %SMSRF to auto-
reply to people texting me on my Verizon number to ask them to switch
to my GV number (as I am not paying for a texting plan) (and reply
using the outgoing GV SMS)

A month later...hopefully something soon. In the meantime, I guess
I'll spend the 20 cents/message to reply via Verizon SMS in Tasker.

We also need some way to pull info from the incoming GV SMS, but I
guess that's also on Steelgirderdev's side of things.

hbear

On Oct 1, 8:10 am, Pent <tas...@dinglisch.net> wrote:
> Next version Tasker will support variable replacements in plugin
> strings, hopefully
> theSteelgirderdev will make the needed changes on his side soon,
Re: Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation Pent 11/2/10 2:45 AM
> We also need some way to pull info from the incoming GV SMS, but I
> guess that's also on Steelgirderdev's side of things.

You see the GV SMS's in the standard messaging app right ?
If so, then I may have something soon on that side.

Pent
Re: Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation hbearca 11/2/10 2:52 PM
Unfortunately I don't see GV SMS in the android text message
app...only in the GV app.
I could configure my GV account (online) to forward to the standard
messaging app...but that negates a major point of using GV for SMS.
I want to avoid paying Verizon the 20 cents/msg or paying for a flat-
rate message plan when GV SMS is free.

hbear
Re: Google Voice SMS and Tasker Profile Activation Pent 11/4/10 3:24 AM
> Unfortunately I don't see GV SMS in the android text message
> app...only in the GV app.

Oh, someone else told me they saw the messages in their messaging app.
They must've been forwarding.

> I could configure my GV account (online) to forward to the standard
> messaging app...but that negates a major point of using GV for SMS.

Sure.

Well in that case I don't think it's possible unforturnately, without
polling the GV account
online. I couldn't find anything on how the Google Voice app stores
its data.

Pent