Documentation for TagSoup

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Documentation for TagSoup firnnauriel 3/23/10 8:43 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm new here. Just asking where can I find a complete documentation
for the APIs available in the tagsoup.jar file.

It seems it is not indicated in the home page (http://mercury.ccil.org/
~cowan/XML/tagsoup/
)

I downloaded the PDF file (about presentation i think) but it seems it
does not contain the things I need.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: [tagsoup-friends] Documentation for TagSoup John Cowan 3/23/10 10:11 PM
firnnauriel scripsit:

> I'm new here. Just asking where can I find a complete documentation
> for the APIs available in the tagsoup.jar file.

Like almost all XML parsers, TagSoup exposes the SAX API, which is
documented at http://www.saxproject.org .  SAX is a streaming API.
If you prefer a tree API, TagSoup works well with XOM at http://xom.nu .
The home page explains the TagSoup-specific SAX features and properties.
There is no "native TagSoup API" other than those.

--
After fixing the Y2K bug in an application:     John Cowan
        WELCOME TO <censored>                   co...@ccil.org

Re: Documentation for TagSoup firnnauriel 3/23/10 10:38 PM
Thanks for the response John.

Understood. It seems that I was also able to find what I need. I'm
working on a Grails project and this class,
http://groovy.codehaus.org/api/groovy/util/XmlSlurper.html, works
pretty smooth with TagSoup and navigation is very easy.

Thanks again.