FindBy and using a column name that is non-C# standard

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
FindBy and using a column name that is non-C# standard wonderbison 6/21/12 3:42 AM
Hi

I want to find a record in a table but there are column names that are prefixed __$. Its a SQL Server CDC thing.

So the following is invalid

Db.schema.table.FindBy(__$start_lsn: 22)

I have tried it as a variable and surrounded the name in brackets and a couple of other ways but not much luck

Help appreciated

Robin
Re: FindBy and using a column name that is non-C# standard Mark Rendle 6/21/12 3:45 AM

Just use StartIsn, Simple.Data will resolve the internal database name from that.

Mark

Re: FindBy and using a column name that is non-C# standard wonderbison 6/21/12 3:50 AM

Hi

Thanks for the info. Can I ask how does it do that please?

Thanks
Re: FindBy and using a column name that is non-C# standard Mark Rendle 6/21/12 4:54 AM

It uses the database schema tables and finds objects (tables, columns, etc) which match only on alphanumeric characters.

Re: FindBy and using a column name that is non-C# standard wonderbison 6/21/12 7:09 AM
Clever stuff!!

Thanks