circumflex characters

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
circumflex characters Martien 3/5/11 3:24 AM
Hi. I've been using the  ´ etc. and I noticed that redbean breaks on
these characters. I am using utf8_unicode_ci as charset.
Everything goes well until I call $item->store() then all the text
from the special character on is removed.
Is there a wat  can solve this?

Best regards,
Martien
Re: circumflex characters gabor 3/5/11 10:27 AM
Hi,

Can you send me some example code?

Over here this

require "rb.php";
R::setup();
$bean = R::dispense("bean");
$bean->prop = "Â";
print_r( R::load("bean", R::store($bean) ) );

just outputs the bean including the character. What DB and HTML-
charset do you use?
Did you check this on command line?

Cheers
Gabor
Re: circumflex characters Martien 3/6/11 7:38 AM
Hi,

This is my code:

$item->LastUpdated = date("F j, Y, g:i a");
$item->Name = $Key;
$item->LanguageID = $LanguageID;
$item->Title = $Title;
$item->Text = $Text;
$id = R::store($item);

The variables are filled from the post data. The text field contains multilingual text. When I do a var_dump before the store command, it shows the whole line of text, but after the store command, it is broken at certain characters, like the ´ character.
I use utf8_unicode_ci in the database and iso-8859-1 in the html.

--
Best regards,

Martien de Jong - martiendejong.nl

2011/3/5 gabor <gabord...@gmail.com>

Re: circumflex characters gabor 3/6/11 9:41 AM
Have you tried to use utf8 instead of iso-8859-1 (latin-1)? might be
an HTML issue ?

                content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />

On Mar 6, 4:38 pm, Martien de Jong <martiendejong2...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my code:
>
> $item->LastUpdated = date("F j, Y, g:i a");
> $item->Name = $Key;
> $item->LanguageID = $LanguageID;
> $item->Title = $Title;
> $item->Text = $Text;
> $id = R::store($item);
>
> The variables are filled from the post data. The text field contains
> multilingual text. When I do a var_dump before the store command, it shows
> the whole line of text, but after the store command, it is broken at certain
> characters, like the ´ character.
> I use utf8_unicode_ci in the database and iso-8859-1 in the html.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Martien de Jong - martiendejong.nl
>
> 2011/3/5 gabor <gabordemo...@gmail.com>
Re: circumflex characters gabor 3/6/11 9:41 AM
Have you tried to use utf8 instead of iso-8859-1 (latin-1)? might be
an HTML issue ?

                content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />

Re: circumflex characters mav 3/8/11 7:22 AM
Sounds like an iconv issue. It's known to truncate any remaining
output when it encounters a char that it can't handle.
Re: circumflex characters Martien 3/9/11 12:35 AM
That did the trick, thanks a lot!
I wasn't aware that the html encoding is also used on the server.
Thanks for the help all.

--
Best regards,

Martien de Jong - martiendejong.nl

2011/3/8 mav <maciej....@gmail.com>

Re: circumflex characters niknah 9/28/11 6:13 AM
I had this problem too.  I found that PDO updated the table with the correct characters but redbean chopped everything off after the non ascii character.
I fixed it by commenting out "1002 => 'SET NAMES utf8' in the connect() function in rb.php
And commenting out the other SET NAMES utf8 just above that.

Using redbean 2.01

Re: circumflex characters gabor 9/28/11 8:20 AM
That will disable UTF8