Polybius

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Polybius Zube 2/27/00 12:00 AM
No, not the Greek historian.  An arcade game.

I am skeptical of the claims made on the following page, but they certainly
make for interesting reading.

http://www.clickto.com/coinop/GamePage/Polybius.html

Zube

Polybius Brian Pipa 2/28/00 12:00 AM
Sounds like a hoax to me.

What were we talking about? I've suddenly got amnesia.

Brian Pipa   joys...@takethisoutpipa.net
(REMOVE takethisout to email a reply)
Arcade game collection - http://joystick.virtualave.net
located near Raleigh, NC

Zube <Zu...@cs.colostate.edu> wrote in message

Polybius Cliff Boese 2/28/00 12:00 AM
I forget where my house is, hum, anyhow fif they have the ROM, can't
they figure out the gamne play somehow?
or atleast try to find the source code.
Polybius Ben Collins 2/28/00 12:00 AM
Strange I dont remember playing this as a kid ....
but then all computer games are evil must destroy them so i may sleep well
at night.

-ben-

Think about it.

Zube wrote in message <89cuns$4...@mahler.cs.colostate.edu>...

>No, not the Greek historian.  An arcade game.
>
>I am skeptical of the claims made on the following page, but they certainly
>make for interesting reading.
>
>http://www.clickto.com/coinop/GamePage/Polybius.html
>
>Zube

Polybius Appolo 2/28/00 12:00 AM

Zube <Zu...@cs.colostate.edu> wrote in message

> http://www.clickto.com/coinop/GamePage/Polybius.html

This was one of the famed military video games developed during the 80s.
This game was so dangerous even the developers had to be divided up. The
specification for the game was divided up into "verb", "noun", "adjective",
"adverb", "preposition", etc. sub-specs. They could only see one line of
code at a time. If they saw two or more lines of code, they would completely
forget what they were working on and forget how to get home...

... or maybe I'm thinking about the world's most dangerous joke.

--
Mike (Monty Python Fan) Appolo
http://www.appolo.com

Polybius Ben Collins 2/29/00 12:00 AM