Oxygen without KDE

Showing 1-17 of 17 messages
Oxygen without KDE Jerome Leclanche 2/28/12 4:34 PM
Well, after several improvements to Juffed, I finally got rid of my last KDE libs.

But ouch, that means no more Oxygen. Thankfully oxygen-icons are properly packaged without dependencies on KDE, but the oxygen Qt theme has deep dependencies on KDE.

I had a look at it and it pulls its dependencies between kde-workspace and kdelibs. I tried forking it and compiling it on its own; most of it is easy but I end up getting lost, especially when porting the cmakelists.

Are there any volunteers in working on something like that? Qt has very few themes, and most of them are garbage. Oxygen happens to be extremely good, and none of its actual painting depends on KDE from what i can see (it's mostly configuration utilities).
Re: [razor-qt] Oxygen without KDE Petr Vanek 2/28/12 9:58 PM

On Feb 29, 2012 (Wednesday), at 1:34 AM, Jerome Leclanche wrote:

Well, after several improvements to Juffed, I finally got rid of my last KDE libs.

But ouch, that means no more Oxygen. Thankfully oxygen-icons are properly packaged without dependencies on KDE, but the oxygen Qt theme has deep dependencies on KDE.

I had a look at it and it pulls its dependencies between kde-workspace and kdelibs. I tried forking it and compiling it on its own; most of it is easy but I end up getting lost, especially when porting the cmakelists.

do you have a repo somewhere, please?

Are there any volunteers in working on something like that? Qt has very few themes, and most of them are garbage. Oxygen happens to be extremely good, and none of its actual painting depends on KDE from what i can see (it's mostly configuration utilities).

Re: [razor-qt] Oxygen without KDE Alexander Sokolov 2/28/12 10:39 PM
As far as I know, there are 2 variants:
  • You can build QtCurve with flag -DQTC_QT_ONLY=true
  • There is a project toxygen - a port of oxygen in pure Qt. It has some bugs. Luis Gustavo made a fork on github

2012/2/29 Jerome Leclanche <ady...@gmail.com>

Best regards,
Alexander.
Re: [razor-qt] Oxygen without KDE Jerome Leclanche 2/29/12 1:30 AM
I can't find a repo for QtCurve. Any advice?

As for toxygen.. no makefile/cmakelists or anything, bit annoying. And no commit for a year :(

Re: [razor-qt] Oxygen without KDE Gustavo 2/29/12 6:20 AM
for toxygen just run qmake && make

2012/2/29 Jerome Leclanche <ady...@gmail.com>

Re: [razor-qt] Oxygen without KDE Alexander Sokolov 2/29/12 6:21 AM

2012/2/29 Jerome Leclanche <ady...@gmail.com>

I can't find a repo for QtCurve. Any advice?
I don't know. I'm downloaded it from qt-apps

As for toxygen.. no makefile/cmakelists or anything, bit annoying.
It used qmake. Pay attention to the toxygen.pto file.

And no commit for a year :(
Yes it looks abandoned, but maybe you will be easier to fix it than to rewrite the oxygen. Btw Luis is a member of this mailing list.

--
Best regards,
Alexander.

--
Best regards,
Alexander.
> Are there any volunteers in working on something like that?

I have a fork of toxygen style (oxygen style without KDE libs) on my github but I'm not interested to work on it because it is based an old version of oxygen style.

Can you contact an KDE developer to work together with Razor team to create a new version of oxygen style without any KDE dependencies?

2012/2/28 Jerome Leclanche <ady...@gmail.com>

Re: [razor-qt] Oxygen without KDE Jerome Leclanche 2/29/12 11:35 AM
I tried to in the past, but nobody answered. Oxygen website hasn't been updated in years, their irc channel is dead, etc. It's pretty annoying.
Re: Oxygen without KDE Gide 10/21/13 3:48 AM
Hi,
I tried qtcurve (pure qt compilation), and it works flawlessly. Nice and fast.
I also tried fusion-qt4 , a backport of the new qt5 style "fusion" to qt4.
http://code.google.com/p/fusion-qt4/
Nice and fast too !
Maybe a better choice for a uniform look with qt4 and qt5 applications.

Regards

Re: [razor-qt] Re: Oxygen without KDE Jerome Leclanche 10/21/13 7:44 AM
I'm not a big fan of qtcurve. It's acceptable but clunky in several
places and in general not as polished as oxygen :/
J. Leclanche
> "Razor-qt" group.
> email to razor-qt+u...@googlegroups.com.
Re: [razor-qt] Re: Oxygen without KDE Gide 10/22/13 12:14 AM
unk...@googlegroups.com 10/22/13 12:43 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Oxygen without KDE TabletHater 10/31/13 7:17 AM
As well as qtcurve-qt, bespin-svn can be compiled as qt-only too which has the benefit of configurability unlike qtcurve-qt and is better than qtconfig-qt4. These two were the only means of having a relatively fine experience when I had a qt-only fluxbox system.

I had created some colour schemes (Trolltech.conf presets) manually, using qtconfig-qt4 which is a pain in the xxx as it has a disfunctional colour chooser to which a great alternative exists now: https://github.com/mbasaglia/Qt-Color-Picker.

Though this would likely be the job of distro developers, it would be nice for users to have a few tried and tested Trolltech.conf presets.

Sorry if all these sound foolish as I'm just an end user and thanks a lot for your good work.
Re: [razor-qt] Re: Oxygen without KDE 洪任諭 10/31/13 7:34 AM
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM, TabletHater <acar...@gmail.com> wrote:
As well as qtcurve-qt, bespin-svn can be compiled as qt-only too which has the benefit of configurability unlike qtcurve-qt and is better than qtconfig-qt4. These two were the only means of having a relatively fine experience when I had a qt-only fluxbox system.

I tried fusion-qt4 on my Archlinux system. It works as advertised and I encountered no problems so far. We only need better color schemes.
Most of the time I use Cleanlook. Tried qtcurve before and I also like it.
Getting rid of Oxygen by default, which is KDE-dependent, is possible, I think.

I had created some colour schemes (Trolltech.conf presets) manually, using qtconfig-qt4 which is a pain in the xxx as it has a disfunctional colour chooser to which a great alternative exists now: https://github.com/mbasaglia/Qt-Color-Picker.

Though this would likely be the job of distro developers, it would be nice for users to have a few tried and tested Trolltech.conf presets.

I totally agreed with that.
KDE uses its own color schemes and I studied it earlier, but it seems that their solution only applies to KDE-based software, not plain Qt.
For plain Qt applications, the colors are not as configurable and the choices are quite limited.
We, however, can provide some preset color schemes. I agree with you.

The UI of qtconfig-qt4 is just horrible. We need something better in lxqt-config-appearance. It's priority is not that high, though.
At least we should make the whole desktop session work reliably, and start adding new features. I'm willing to improve this part later.

Sorry if all these sound foolish as I'm just an end user and thanks a lot for your good work.

No, it's not foolish at all. Actually user experience is one of the only things that really matter. It takes some time to improve the programs, though.

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:34:42 AM UTC+2, Jerome Leclanche wrote:
Well, after several improvements to Juffed, I finally got rid of my last KDE libs.

But ouch, that means no more Oxygen. Thankfully oxygen-icons are properly packaged without dependencies on KDE, but the oxygen Qt theme has deep dependencies on KDE.

I had a look at it and it pulls its dependencies between kde-workspace and kdelibs. I tried forking it and compiling it on its own; most of it is easy but I end up getting lost, especially when porting the cmakelists.

Are there any volunteers in working on something like that? Qt has very few themes, and most of them are garbage. Oxygen happens to be extremely good, and none of its actual painting depends on KDE from what i can see (it's mostly configuration utilities).

Re: [razor-qt] Re: Oxygen without KDE TabletHater 10/31/13 8:30 AM
Thank you. If anyone is interested, attached are my Trolltech presets.
Re: [razor-qt] Re: Oxygen without KDE TabletHater 10/31/13 8:35 AM
Well, I was using these with qtcurve-qt selected in the qtconfig-qt4.