Razor-qt built for Fedora 17

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Razor-qt built for Fedora 17 Ingvar 6/12/12 1:57 PM
Hello, Razor-qt devs

I came over razor-qt when searching for a lightweight desktop
environment built on qt, but missed packages for Fedora 17. I added
the trivial patches needed and built packages for ppc, x86_64 and
i686.

The story:

http://ingvar.blog.redpill-linpro.com/2012/06/12/razor-qt-for-fedora-17/

Packages/yum repo:

http://users.linpro.no/ingvar/razorqt/

And btw, the upstream rpm specfiles have an error: The fedora version
macro should be named %fedora, not %fedora_version. This is fixed in
the srpms I built. The necessary trivial patches for fedora 17 are
also included. Please fix upstream.

I was asked to maintain these packages downstream for Fedora. I'm
willing to do that, unless someone in your team already plan to do it.
What do you think?

Thanks for this project. It made my day :-)

Best regards,
Ingvar Hagelund
Re: [razor-qt] Razor-qt built for Fedora 17 Alec Moskvin 6/14/12 2:11 PM
Hi Ingvar,

If you could maintain it downstream, that would be great!

I'm not sure why the version number is so long (I guess it's from OBS?),
but you can get our tarball here:
https://github.com/Razor-qt/razor-qt/downloads

And glad to see how Razor managed to suit your need :)

Thanks,
Alec
Re: [razor-qt] Razor-qt built for Fedora 17 Petr Vanek 6/15/12 2:47 AM

On Jun 14, 2012 (Thursday), at 11:11 PM, Alec Moskvin wrote:

> Hi Ingvar,
>
> If you could maintain it downstream, that would be great!

Yes. I build fedora packages in OBS but I cannot test it and I feel I use some black magic to get it building there.

> I'm not sure why the version number is so long (I guess it's from OBS?),
> but you can get our tarball here:

the version number was corrupted by me in building and it will be fixed in new release. (Now I don't want to rebuild it to prevent users from panic of "downgrade").

so stable packages are here:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/QtDesktop/

development (time-to-time git snapshots) here (see fixed version):
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/QtDesktop:/trunk/

> https://github.com/Razor-qt/razor-qt/downloads
>
> And glad to see how Razor managed to suit your need :)
>
> Thanks,
> Alec
>
> On Tuesday 12 June 2012 13:57:25, Ingvar wrote:
>> Hello, Razor-qt devs
>>
>> I came over razor-qt when searching for a lightweight desktop
>> environment built on qt, but missed packages for Fedora 17. I added
>> the trivial patches needed and built packages for ppc, x86_64 and
>> i686.
>>
>> The story:
>>
>> http://ingvar.blog.redpill-linpro.com/2012/06/12/razor-qt-for-fedora-17/
>>
>> Packages/yum repo:
>>
>> http://users.linpro.no/ingvar/razorqt/
>>
>> And btw, the upstream rpm specfiles have an error: The fedora version
>> macro should be named %fedora, not %fedora_version. This is fixed in
>> the srpms I built. The necessary trivial patches for fedora 17 are
>> also included. Please fix upstream.
>>
>> I was asked to maintain these packages downstream for Fedora. I'm
>> willing to do that, unless someone in your team already plan to do it.
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Thanks for this project. It made my day :-)
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Ingvar Hagelund

Re: [razor-qt] Razor-qt built for Fedora 17 Timothy 6/15/12 3:06 AM
Thank you for this! Very helpful :)