RavenDB opensource license confusion

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
RavenDB opensource license confusion Beyers Cronje 7/24/12 6:30 AM
Recently on the open source project Orchard CMS there was a question asked why Orchard does not make use of RavenDB. One of the project coordinators replied that: "When you put your website in production, then it's a commercial licence that you need."

My understanding is that his statement is incorrect and if you use Orchard as-is along with any open source orchard modules you are permitted to use the free RavenDB license. However if you purchase or develop any proprietary closed sourced modules/plugins and integrate that with your Orchard deployment only then would you need to purchase the commercial license.

Is my understanding correct? The use case seems similar to using Raven in Raccoon Blog which I believe is allowed using the free Raven License?

Beyers
Re: RavenDB opensource license confusion Beyers Cronje 7/24/12 6:35 AM
In case someone wants to follow the Orchard forum thread:  http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/274921
Re: [RavenDB] RavenDB opensource license confusion Oren Eini 7/24/12 7:31 AM
Yes, you understanding is correct.
Re: [RavenDB] RavenDB opensource license confusion Oren Eini 7/24/12 7:31 AM
And yes, that is why RaccoonBlog can exist.