Radio3 is ready for you, our most intrepid and daring users :-)

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Radio3 is ready for you, our most intrepid and daring users :-) Dave Winer 9/2/14 5:49 AM
Radio3 is a cross-platform linkblogging tool.

It can post to: Facebook, Twitter and a feature-full RSS feed.

#### Radio3 has a philosophy

The idea is to start a great flow of news to these services, while enabling new networks to boot up on the open web, building on the RSS support. So when you post using Radio3, you're helping the web news system reboot. It's like using solar or wind energy, or riding a bike instead of driving. It's good for the environment. ;-)

#### Let's get started!

Radio3 is ready for you, our most intrepid and daring users.

I expect there will be problems. With that caveat, I've been using it for 3 days as my only linkblogging tool. It performs wonderfully. But there is a lot of new code here, including a server, which handles storage and posting to Twitter. So in all that new code, there must be a bug or two lurking in there. And because you're going first, you will be the ones to see it.

When you encounter a problem, please say: 1. What you were doing. 2. What you expected to happen. 3. What actually happened.

Remember I am not there with you, I didn't see what happened, and I don't know what went wrong.

#### How to

The getting-started document is here:

Install the bookmarklet. The product makes no sense without it. ;-)

#### Thank you

Thanks for helping test this new software.

I think it can make a difference, but until it works reliably that's all theory.

Dave

Re: Radio3 is ready for you, our most intrepid and daring users :-) Ken Smith 9/2/14 6:40 AM
Excellent, thank you.

First tweet--success.
RSS feed in place--yes.

This page took a few minutes to gear up, but now it is responding quickly to the presence of a new item: http://radio3.io/users/KenSmith/

Congratulations on this important step.

Ken
Re: [Radio3] Re: Radio3 is ready for you, our most intrepid and daring users :-) Dave Winer 9/2/14 6:56 AM
Thanks for the confirmation Ken. ;-)

--
Radio3 howto: http://radio3.smallpict.com/2014/09/01/gettingStartedWithRadio3.html
How to ask for help: http://scripting.com/2014/03/19/howToAskForHelpWithSoftware.html

Re: Radio3 is ready for you, our most intrepid and daring users :-) Christian Dadswell 9/2/14 8:25 AM
Looking good so far from here too.

Only logged in with Twitter as I'm not a Facebook user.

Cheers,
Chris.
Re: Radio3 is ready for you, our most intrepid and daring users :-) Johnny Sagan 9/2/14 12:38 PM
I signed in on Facebook and Twitter, and I realize that Facebook is not online yet. But when I clicked Submit, the word 'Twitter' flashed to the left of the Submit button, and then I was left with the same text I'd input into the box, and no update to my Twitter account. Just reporting back so you know how it's going for one user in the field. Can't wait to get posting!

Yours Truly,

Johnny Sagan aka Johnny Sagan's Linkblog on Radio3!

On Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:49:33 AM UTC-4, Dave Winer wrote:
Re: [Radio3] Re: Radio3 is ready for you, our most intrepid and daring users :-) Dave Winer 9/2/14 12:42 PM
Did the post show up on Twitter?

--
Radio3 howto: http://radio3.smallpict.com/2014/09/01/gettingStartedWithRadio3.html
How to ask for help: http://scripting.com/2014/03/19/howToAskForHelpWithSoftware.html
---

Re: Radio3 is ready for you, our most intrepid and daring users :-) Arthur Oglesby 9/2/14 1:33 PM
Bookmarklet post and tweeting worked sweet with 64 bit Chrome & 64 bit Windows 7!